The Republican Freak Show

Mazungu

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Quite a few of my friends who plan to vote for Trump tell me they think he's a butt head, they think he's a racist, they think he's a hateful divider, they deplore him as a human being, they think he's a terrible example of what a man can become, but they support his policies more than the other side.

Mature, well-developed Republicans can at least admit to his defaults as a human being. 

I always have, and I'm no Republican.

Does it scare you that such people will vote for Trump, and hopefully in sufficient numbers to deny her the W H?

I'm somewhat amused that the anointed one has been lauded as so superior to Trump in every way, but she just can't poll better than him. It's going to be a close thing to the very end, IMO.

Trump Rally in Las Vegas 16 SEP 2024

You won’t have a country anymore. You’re pretty close to not having one. You better hope I get elected. You better go out. You’ll have a country back soon. ...  You’re going to end up in World War III. I am worried about nuclear because to be honest with you, we have incompetent people dealing on it. And I will keep you out of World War III. I’m the only one that’s going to be able to do it.

https://www.rev.com/blog/transcripts/trump-rally-in-las-vegas  

FDR inaugural speech  March 4, 1933

This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. 

https://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5057