Cannabis-Intoxicated British Man Arrested for Trespassing and Overstay

webfact

18 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How about a good old British name like David Bowie's son, Zowie Bowie, or people named after the entire football club player's names.

Zowie Bowie changed his name a long time ago to Duncan Jones and is a filmmaker.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jerry777 said:

It would really be appreciate if the news guys and gals here would say 'British Passport Holder; rather than a British man which is obviously not his full ethnicity.

Do you ask the world press to refer to your ex-prime minister as "British Passport Holder"?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

Doubt that if he's wanted by immigration for overstay. Sure, he might have come in on a UK passport, but having Thai nationality would probably reduce the overstay penalty. But maybe not. Maybe. I guess. Could be....

He may be half Thai, but may not have a Thai passport, maybe to evade military service or its hard to get if the father is Thai ,its easy if the mother is Thai the embassy told me this when I got my sons Thai passport. But  we don't know if he is of Thai extraction, the name sounds Thai.

If  the mother was Thai the embassy excepts the birth certificate translated into Thai, but they say if father they want DNA sample of proof. Then the parents might have parted ways, who knows maybe some one will through some light on this.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I think if he came in on a foreign passport, technically he can be.

I have brought my son in on a NZ passport, because his Thai one was expired, I renewed it at BK was done in half a day, but if I had not he would be an overstayer. I doubt this guy if he is half Thai ever got a Thai passport, it should be done as soon as possible after birth.

I heard its very difficult is you leave it to long and try when older, thats what I have heard from many of my wifes Thai friends who never got passports for their sons.

2 hours ago, MalcolmB said:
2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Luk Kreung?

Can a luuk kreung be on overstay?

Yes... If they don't have Thai nationality.

i.e. IF he was born overseas to Thai & UK parents - then never applied for a Thai Passport or Thai ID.

Then entering Thailand on a UK passport as he has no other means to enter.

He's could still be what is termed 'a luk Kreung' - (half Thai / Half British) or more accurately, both Thai and British....   but without legal Thai Identification (ID card and Passport).

The whole narrative relating to cannabis use is so dumb. If anything, the cannabis made the guy less aggressive when he did a runner. He would have done a runner anyway because he was on visa overstay, and he had broken into some homes, but likely the cannabis subdued him a bit and made him easier to deal with.

Imagine he was a bit drunk instead. Then he probably would have been far more violent and aggressive for the police to deal with at that point. Might have ended up in a blood filled tussle, and with half his clothes getting torn off in the process, whilst trying to capture the guy. Have seen the photos with drunk and bloodied guys down in Pattaya too many times. This guy came out looking fine after being apprehended. Thank goodness for his cannabis use. 

• Love It 2

2 hours ago, Davedub said:

The title says 'Cannabis fuelled' - am I alone in seeing zero connection between the arrest of someone for illegally entering buildings / overstaying his visa and the fact he was smoking weed just before he was apprehended?

If he'd been having a beer, would the attempted escape have been booze fuelled? What about if he were having a coffee?

What a strange reporting angle - it makes no sense to me at all!

I don't think we need to be 'over sensitive' about protecting the 'honour' of Cannabis... 

... some people just troll these issues and make too much of it... 

But, its possible he was extremely high and went wondering / confused perhaps - it would be inaccurate to suggest someone high 'could not' or 'would not' behave like this.

I see high-loonies all the time doing weird shyit... just as a see drunk-loonies all the time doing weird shyit...

I've never seeng anyone doing weird shyit because of coffee, so thats over-egging the weed defence. 

Are you perhaps being over sensitive regarding the 'cannabis-intoxicated' angle because you feel there is a minority of posters who are 'anti-cannabis' on this forum ? and perhaps the media ?

3 minutes ago, FriscoKid said:

The whole narrative relating to cannabis use is so dumb. If anything, the cannabis made the guy less aggressive when he did a runner. He would have done a runner anyway because he was on visa overstay, and he had broken into some homes, but likely the cannabis subdued him a bit and made him easier to deal with.

Imagine he was a bit drunk instead. Then he probably would have been far more violent and aggressive for the police to deal with at that point. Might have ended up in a blood filled tussle, and with half his clothes getting torn off in the process, whilst trying to capture the guy. Have seen the photos with drunk and bloodied guys down in Pattaya too many times. This guy came out looking fine after being apprehended. Thank goodness for his cannabis use. 

Thats a strong swing of the pendulum... 

Almost as if there is not longer a balanced argument, just the voices of extremes to counter the other extreme... 

1 hour ago, Espanol said:

If he has Thai nationality, he can not be in overstay in Thailand. 

Exactly, as that was my thought too. Just seemed to be very much a Thai name. 🙂 Of course it can also be Cambodian or Indian as @Matrosen already replied about.

Edited by Gottfrid

2 hours ago, Davedub said:

The title says 'Cannabis fuelled' - am I alone in seeing zero connection between the arrest of someone for illegally entering buildings / overstaying his visa and the fact he was smoking weed just before he was apprehended?

If he'd been having a beer, would the attempted escape have been booze fuelled? What about if he were having a coffee?

What a strange reporting angle - it makes no sense to me at all!

The idea is to pave the way to make weed illegal again... 

25 minutes ago, FriscoKid said:

You are an fan of Mary Jane, I would say that this is all part of a conspiracy that wants to make Mary Jane i.o cannabis ilegal again. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Observers suggest it underscores the balancing act that authorities must maintain in managing the often challenging interactions between local regulations and international visitors, reported TMN Cable TV Pattaya.

Are we really expected to believe that multiple observers had this same opinion and made it public?

54 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

I have brought my son in on a NZ passport, because his Thai one was expired, I renewed it at BK was done in half a day, but if I had not he would be an overstayer. I doubt this guy if he is half Thai ever got a Thai passport, it should be done as soon as possible after birth.

I heard its very difficult is you leave it to long and try when older, thats what I have heard from many of my wifes Thai friends who never got passports for their sons.

I got a UK passport for my one year old Thai/UK/Kiwi daughter. I had to prop her up in an arm chair to get a decent photo! She has 3 now, (added kiwi later on by descent, basically because it was available) but only ever uses her UK one. I'm sure the Thai one will come in handy one day. And her ID card, more importantly.

2 hours ago, Jerry777 said:

It would really be appreciate if the news guys and gals here would say 'British Passport Holder; rather than a British man which is obviously not his full ethnicity.

Not many Smith's, Brown's or Jones' left in Britain today!!