Brisbane dad hired underage girl for son in Thailand

chooka

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quite a gift to give to a son. He now knows sex is a simple commodity available at a fairly fixed price and will never fall under the pussywhipped category. I already guessed it was either an ex-wife or some raving feminists who ratted him out.

An underage girl was sold for sex. I think that is something that we should all rave about.
Can't find that in the article, I'm afraid. They were at Koh Samui, which is a higher end destination. My bet is he got the idea while having a beer in a beer bar (would venture as far as to guess the venue was near the Reggae Bar) and bar fined one of the girls working there. The underage paragraph in the article is most probably due to him being 13. I find it a bit unlikely the dad scoured the island in search of the bamboo huts locals use.

" A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand."

This would indicate to me the girl was underage, maybe the father knew, maybe not.

However that aside, the boy was also underage as well as being his son. No father should be involving his son in the sex industry at the age of 13. It is wrong.

You do not live in the real world

Have you any idea the amount of peer pressure on a boy of 13 gets

Most time if he admits he is still a virgin at 13 his friends will laugh at him (even with the facts they are in the same situation)

The pressure on you teenagers to have sex when they become teenagers is massive

Time you lived in the real world and looked at the starts of how many Thai girls at this age get pregnant

I also am totally against prostitution of young girl with old men, but you are not living in the real world, and I hope you not have a boy in this age group, because you have no idea what it is like to live through the time your is experiencing body changes you not understand

Oh I shed a tear... I do not live in the real world....

Forgetting the fact, that I was a boy once. I happened to be 13 once. Went to an all boys school even. Plenty of pressure.Forget the fact that despite all the bragging, when it all came out, most kids I finished high school with were still virgins.

Dad would have done his son a favor in teaching how to deal and stand up to this crap. Not placate it and set him up for the incorrect expectation that women are there to be bought.

But that is where you and I differ.

Despite your protestations, you clearly have no problem with a dad procuring an underage girl - so long as the 'partner' is underage too. Forget the fact that she's probably there against her will.

And that is on top of everything else that is wrong with the story.

Anyone who thinks that there is anything defensible about this story, well is a sick, sick puppy.

Finally one post that says it as it is! It needed 64 posts with highly experienced but not-to-the-point TV members to read this only correct answer.

Bravo Samran, your post saved me writing about the same: NO underage prostitute in Thailand is doing it for fun, they are FORCED to work as a prostitute, and this a'hole of a father acted like a pimp, engaging two underage youngsters into paid sex. He knew it was wrong, "Don't tell your mother" is the confession of the jerk. He should have been punished way heavier, this is a laugh: 2000 $ and 2 years good behaviour!

According to what some people have said, in Thai law it is illigal for any girl under the age of 20 to be having paid sex, and she is therefore classed as an underaged prostitute. You then go on to say that no underage prostitute is doing it for fun and that they are in fact forced into prostitution. If this is what you are saying, then I think you must be living in cloud cookkoo land. There are Thousands of girls here in Thailand who have made the decision themselves to inter into this profession, do I think they have made the correct decision,"no" but it is THEIR decision.

Quite a gift to give to a son. He now knows sex is a simple commodity available at a fairly fixed price and will never fall under the pussywhipped category. I already guessed it was either an ex-wife or some raving feminists who ratted him out.

An underage girl was sold for sex. I think that is something that we should all rave about.
Can't find that in the article, I'm afraid. They were at Koh Samui, which is a higher end destination. My bet is he got the idea while having a beer in a beer bar (would venture as far as to guess the venue was near the Reggae Bar) and bar fined one of the girls working there. The underage paragraph in the article is most probably due to him being 13. I find it a bit unlikely the dad scoured the island in search of the bamboo huts locals use.

" A Brisbane father has been convicted of hiring an underage prostitute for his 13-year-old son on a family holiday to Thailand."

This would indicate to me the girl was underage, maybe the father knew, maybe not.

However that aside, the boy was also underage as well as being his son. No father should be involving his son in the sex industry at the age of 13. It is wrong.

Ah, the headline. I always skip them as they are nothing but click baits. I do doubt they ever bothered to even find the prostitute in question, especially as this was apparently part of divorce proceedings. Can't imagine Thai police trying to find some bar girl or gogo dancer based on a vague description, much less her producing an id showing her real age. The case was likely being pushed by the divorce attorney of the wife in order to provide some leverage. Seems to have worked.

Ask the boy again in about 10 years. I've got my bet on he'll be telling the tale as a legend.

• Like 2

Being drunk doesn't excuse him at all, but instead of putting him at the bottom of the barrel, I will simply hope for a long prison sentence and decades of misery. I hope he gets fired from his job, divorced, can't see his kid for decades, and stays in a BKK jail. Exploiting children is no joking matter.

I agree with you but if you read the report you'd see that hoping is useless, he got out on a good behaviour bond and it's doubtful that being sentenced in Brisbane would mean he spent time in a Thai jail.

What is not at all clears, is how anyone in Austrailia knows the age of the girl in question?

Sure it's dodgy to take you kid to a hooker to get laid for the first time, and I can see the

mother getting bent out of shape about it. But there is nothing that says there was a legal

issue on Samui. Not that I ever heard about.

So this seems a he said she said, mother against father, and they just arbitrarily believed

the mothers accusation. That there are Thai girls of legal age, that look very underage

by western standards is a give for anyone with time here.

Not agreeing the dad should have done this, but how did they actually determine

this was a under age sex crime unless they used the boys age as the line of illegality?

Some thing just seems off with the whole thing.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Perhaps the girl was identified by the police?

You do not live in the real world

Have you any idea the amount of peer pressure on a boy of 13 gets

Most time if he admits he is still a virgin at 13 his friends will laugh at him (even with the facts they are in the same situation)

The pressure on you teenagers to have sex when they become teenagers is massive

Time you lived in the real world and looked at the starts of how many Thai girls at this age get pregnant

I also am totally against prostitution of young girl with old men, but you are not living in the real world, and I hope you not have a boy in this age group, because you have no idea what it is like to live through the time your is experiencing body changes you not understand

Oh I shed a tear... I do not live in the real world....

Forgetting the fact, that I was a boy once. I happened to be 13 once. Went to an all boys school even. Plenty of pressure.Forget the fact that despite all the bragging, when it all came out, most kids I finished high school with were still virgins.

Dad would have done his son a favor in teaching how to deal and stand up to this crap. Not placate it and set him up for the incorrect expectation that women are there to be bought.

But that is where you and I differ.

Despite your protestations, you clearly have no problem with a dad procuring an underage girl - so long as the 'partner' is underage too. Forget the fact that she's probably there against her will.

And that is on top of everything else that is wrong with the story.

Anyone who thinks that there is anything defensible about this story, well is a sick, sick puppy.

For your own ego you have twisted every things that has been said

No one has said what was done was correct or right

Just

as we do not know all the facts we should not judge

but of course you believe ever thing you read in the paper is gospel truth so in your mind

Guilty because the paper said so

Now who is the sick puppy

How in the world does screwing a young girl for money at the age of 13 provide any sort of bragging rights?

Pathetic.... he will be the laughing stock. They guy that had to fly to Thailand in order to get laid.

awful, awful stuff.

• Like 1

@Dr Tuner

You said:

Ah, the headline. I always skip them as they are nothing but click baits. I do doubt they ever bothered to even find the prostitute in question, especially as this was apparently part of divorce proceedings. Can't imagine Thai police trying to find some bar girl or gogo dancer based on a vague description, much less her producing an id showing her real age. The case was likely being pushed by the divorce attorney of the wife in order to provide some leverage. Seems to have worked.

Ask the boy again in about 10 years. I've got my bet on he'll be telling the tale as a legend.

Me:

It's the opening paragraph not the headline. Buying sex for your 13 year old son is appalling parenting as well as criminal. Nothing this man did is justifiable.

The fact his mother found out may indicate the boy is regretting what happened and told her or someone else. Of course he could also have been bragging.

Edited by Bluespunk

It's the opening paragraph not the headline. Buying sex for your 13 year old son is appalling parenting as well as criminal. Nothing this man did is justifiable.

The fact his mother found out may indicate the boy is regretting what happened and told her or someone else. Of course he could also have been bragging.

I agree with the criminal as such seem to be the laws of Australia. I wonder how those laws came to force and who lobbied for them, but as I'm not Australian, no matter. Somebody put them in the legislature and he got nicked, fair play. The rest is just moral code, which I don't share with you.

Dunno how the mother found out. Maybe the the dad joined the club with his son and got busted by somebody at the party, who knows. The series of events however suggest (not sure about the timeline, but sentence in 2014, incident 2012, divorce .. ?) this was a side result of some sort of divorce battle.

Underage having sex with underage - I don't see a problem here, other than some money passes hands.

Would the outcome have been different if father gave his son some cash and let him loose for a night?

I know if I was 13 again and had enough cash in my pocket, I'd do just that.

Sick <deleted>

Lets not call names, OK?

Read again and try to comprehend.

The 1st sentence in essence means: Underage kids having sex - no problems, underage girl being hired - a problem. I never said it's ok to hire an underage girl for sex.

The 2nd sentence was a philosophical question. You don't need to answer if you don't want to.

I have lost it at the age of 12 and would repeat it over and over if I could go back in time. If I had one of my oldest friends (or family) organize it for me, I'd have only been thankful.

You're a female, I don't expect you to agree with me or even understand what teen boys have on their mind for the most part!

• Like 1

I wish my dad or my cool uncle had done similar for me. Not with underage girl, but with a seasoned pro ... and when I was 16. I was totally on my own without a clue, was a late bloomer, and had a very inept and awkward debut. But I got the hang of it pretty fast once I met an experienced and patient girl, and quickly made up for lost time. It all seems rather funny now.

The offense was in September 2012.

Charges brought on April 2013.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/dad-charged-for-sons-alleged-holiday-sex-with-prostitute/story-e6freoof-1226611985342

Conviction April 2014.

Thanks. That article seems to bring some light to it. Seems there was even an assault charge, which was dropped ? Looks like the mom found out somewhere before February 2013 and the dad went haywire on his son for telling mom.

The story makes little sense. It gives the impression that there's a wide availability of under age prostitutes in Thailand and this is not the case. Without knowing the age of the girl in question, the story is pretty meaningless to me.

Yes the courts were satisfied beyond all reasonable doubt that the prostitute was under 16.

Can you explain (or even suggest) to me how they could possibly even guess the age of the girl.

The event happened in 2012.

The charge was brought as a result of divorce in 2013.

The conviction happened in 2014.

Did the father photocopy the hookers ID card and keep it for later?

Did the boy keep in facebook contact with the girl?

Can't imagine an underage prostitute would work in the same place for 2 years.

Can't imagine many hookers able to be found 6 months later.

Can't imagine the Australian police force being able to track and identify a hooker of any age years after the event!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

I wish my dad or my cool uncle had done similar for me. Not with underage girl, but with a seasoned pro ... and when I was 16. I was totally on my own without a clue, was a late bloomer, and had a very inept and awkward debut. But I got the hang of it pretty fast once I met an experienced and patient girl, and quickly made up for lost time. It all seems rather funny now.

There are some important points in that, in particular age of consensual sex for both parties. At 13 most kids really aren't that emotionally developed, and while many will talk about their sexual prowess, most of it will be BS, unless having a tommy tank over the latest issue of Razzle counts. As a parent, I'm not sure id feel comfortable arranging a hooker for my son even when he's old enough, although I know of Father and Sons coming on holiday to Thailand enjoying the pleasures of Thai BGs. Having had my first trip to Thailand at 18, I think my Father would have had a fit if he knew what we got up to then.

• Like 2

Yes the courts were satisfied beyond all reasonable doubt that the prostitute was under 16.

Can you explain (or even suggest) to me how they could possibly even guess the age of the girl.

Can't imagine the Australian police force being able to track and identify a hooker of any age years after the event!

The "underage prostitute" line PROBABLY came out as a hersay (the mother). So the light sentence was only based on his underage son, it seems.

The "underage prostitute" line PROBABLY came out as a hersay (the mother). So the light sentence was only based on his underage son, it seems.

I'd guess it's just the press trying to get clicks who added the word underage in a spicier spot, not the mom.

What is not at all clears, is how anyone in Austrailia knows the age of the girl in question?

Exactly.

Lets have a show of hands of those that remember the precise age of their first hooker?

Anyone?... No?

• Like 1

^ 'beyond all reasonable doubt'........care to elaborate on that chook ?

Pretty strong words...so must be evidence...and you being in the know...what is/was that concrete evidence ?

Exactly.

Lets have a show of hands of those that remember the precise age of their first hooker?

Anyone?... No?

What do I win ?

What happens is that there is a committal mention where the Magistrate will examine the evidence he/she then decides if there is sufficient evidence that could prove a conviction in the county court. If there isn't a possibility of a conviction then he will dismiss the case at the committal. The prosecution must have been able to provide sufficient proof the prostitute was under 16 yrs old.

Australian police have experience at investigating and tracking people down, we may not be of the same standard as your people but hey we have put a lot of people in jail. They even have a unit of Fed Pol posted in Bangkok. It wasn't years after the event that they started investigating.

The prosecution must have been able to provide sufficient proof the prostitute was under 16 yrs old.

If somebody's got the law at hand, they might check if the age of 13 of the son is enough for the conviction. I reckon that was the case and the prostitutes age didn't matter.

• Like 2