CB 300f

Nebula

Anyone else find the strange footpeg rubbers irritating? They move arround too much for my liking. Thinking of filling them with silicone rubber to firm them up. Anyone with same feeling that has done a fix?

strange but not irritating...bit like the bloke down the bottom of our soi......

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the Benelli/Keeway 302

Yes that is their price.

Of course many here would not touch a China Brand but I knew of one guy

who bought their 600 4cyl & claims it is the deal of the century

You can read more about this 300 on the link I put above the pics

Yes that is their price.

Off toppic I know, but didn't Binelli make a six cylinder 250cc many years ago?

Yes that is their price.

No it was a 750 ( 750 "Sei" )...

Yes that is their price.

No it was a 750 ( 750 "Sei" )...

Ta, memory fades with age.

that beneli 302 looks really nice, except for where that O2 sensor is soldered! seriously!?

for only 129K it's a hell of a deal.

what is that white bike on the back? looks like an adventure bike.

Edited by brfsa2

that beneli 302 looks really nice, except for where that O2 sensor is soldered! seriously!?

that is ryuka cb250x!

benelli 302 is porky a bit at 196 kg where honda cb300f is only 157 kg.

Edited by ll2

The excitement over the Chinese bike is confusing to me. If that bike had a Lifan badge there would be nothing but criticism. Perhaps Beneli Keeway has managed to hold on to some of its brand recognition, even though it is now a Chinese company.

I am interested too, but would like to see some specs. Also it might be better to do this in its own thread.

that is ryuka cb250x!

I believe the Honda's curb weight is 357lbs/162 kg ready to ride

Benelli 302 is 185kg & yes a bit of a porker but....

When comparing apples to apples would have to compare to another twin

Like the Kawasaki 300 which is 379lbs/171kg

So yes about 14kg heavier but it does appear to have better suspension

braided brake lines, dual front brake discs etc so I would

expect those things add up too.

I guess main question as always is quality & service/parts etc.

that is ryuka cb250x!

I believe the Honda's curb weight is 357lbs/162 kg ready to ride

Benelli 302 is 185kg & yes a bit of a porker but....

When comparing apples to apples would have to compare to another twin

Like the Kawasaki 300 which is 379lbs/171kg

So yes about 14kg heavier but it does appear to have better suspension

braided brake lines, dual front brake discs etc so I would

expect those things add up too.

I guess main question as always is quality & service/parts etc.

185 kg dry though 196 kg wet. cb300f without abs is 157 kg. yes, cb300f is a single with 7 hp less powerful engine but 40 kg is a great weight advantage. I mean, one normally rides a cb300f around town or not super long distances so i prefer lighter weight on these bikes as mush as power.

These Benellis look proper but i still don't trust Mania somehow. Just want to give them some more years and see their track record and international recognition.

Also seen on in real, the welds, switches, bike looks faded somehow etc is like decades away from Japanese quality and now Benelli does not offer a great price advantage. If they sell this for 90 k thb - which i am sure they can as made in China!, that i call it competition and applause Benelli.

Not worth opening a New Topic ,so can someone tell me the difference between a Honda 500 CBR R and the S Models. Thanks.thumbsup.gif

There is no S model

There is the CBR500R (sport Type), The CB-F Model (naked type) & the CB-X model ( adventure type)

You can see the comparison here

http://powersports.honda.com/2014/cb500f/compare.aspx

Edited by mania

Thats why im confused. I saw a new Red One ,nothing like those on the web site, it definitely said S,but dam battery flat in Camera so no pic. Apart from the R, next to it in Red n White the only visible difference was the S had frilly looking front disks as opposed to plain.Both were brand new with Mature riders,so no kiddy mods involved.involved. Pehaps they were 400 or 300,but im dam sure they were 500 Twins.

Thats why im confused. I saw a new Red One ,nothing like those on the web site, it definitely said S,but dam battery flat in Camera so no pic. Apart from the R, next to it in Red n White the only visible difference was the S had frilly looking front disks as opposed to plain.Both were brand new with Mature riders,so no kiddy mods involved.involved. Pehaps they were 400 or 300,but im dam sure they were 500 Twins.

Maybe you saw the one from K-Speed.

10524350_489608854475335_767814640242102

so having a problem with my bike starting around 900 km ....

when I'm down shifting you can hear the engine decompression sound and a strange click click click sound...

Bring the bike at Honda and have no f..... clue what the problem is. They called the head office in BKK to explain the situation and for them to analyse what's going on with my bike.

Today the Honda shop call me to tell me that the head office are sending a mechanic guy from BKK to look at my bike

The 250cc version of this 286cc engine also had problems with , amongst other things , the cam chain/tensioner and camshaft/shims. Clicking may be a shim has jumped out or camchain "whip". Good to see "Honda" are trying to get to grips with their quality problems of this 250/286 engine by sending a mechanic out.

The 250cc version of this 286cc engine also had problems with , amongst other things , the cam chain/tensioner and camshaft/shims. Clicking may be a shim has jumped out or camchain "whip". Good to see "Honda" are trying to get to grips with their quality problems of this 250/286 engine by sending a mechanic

can you post some links for the problems you mentioned?

Edited by ll2

it's a gear box manufacturing defect and they want to ship my bike to BKK, have a look at it and get me a new gear box. We are talking about a delay of 2 weeks, i'm not really please with that.

I talked with the Honda owner here, told him that it's Honda responsability of that old mess up story and I would prefer by far having a new bike instead. He gave them call at the head office and they will call me back. He told me to tell them that i'm not satisfied with things turn out and I should have a good chance to get a brand new bike.

Yes that is their price.

It was a 4 cylinder 250cc actually. Mate of mine had one and it made a fantastic noise at high revs but was no quicker than the Jap 250's available at the time for alot less.

LburtonL , i can understand your concern. Its a brand new bike (ok , based on the older 250) and shouldnt be making noises. However , Honda are looking into the problem - its all they can do at tis stage - and the fact that the bike is so new means you should , by law , get another new bike. A pain in the butt , as you have to run it in again , but id prefer this than a "new" gearbox and the engine being opened up/removed for the work. Honda jumped on this quick as there have been problems with this engine , although so far only in the 250cc size , not the 286cc size. Some people (who seem to work for "Honda") refuse to believe ANY Honda can have ANY problem , and will try to convince themselves to forget all about your problem as soon as posible. Hope it works out for you and keep us informed.

Reference the 6 cylinder Benellis , the "6" was available as both a 750 (with 6 silencers) and a 900 (with only 2 silencers). Very complicated machines but well ahead of their time. Honda tried to copy them many years later with the CBX , which didnt realy work. During their many sucessfull racing years , Benelli made some very advances bikes that cost them a fortune but were a bit too advanced for the road at the time. The 4 cylinder 250 (called the 254) is a good example. Benelli celebrated its centenary in 2011 and i was invited to their factory and museam in Italy where they have advanced race and road engines from the 50s with gear driven camshafts and 4 valve heads. I wonder who copied that idea?.