Chiang Mai traffic police armed with Chinese phrase sheet

Thaivisa News

Chinese people will keep braking the the law because they think they are above the law in a lesser country. Thailand needs tourist and you have them because of deals with the Chinese government. If a tourist fills like they are above you laws and people this will never stop! Thailand please do not sell your soul to the devil!

I praise the police for going to this length. Chang Mai has a lot of Chinese tourists, and they should help them. Everyone should be aware of why they are paying a fine. Well done

For the negative ones on this topic, thinking it is just bribe money, let me go to your country and see if I get I ticket for breaking for the law. Bet I do!! Why should it be different here? Get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So what is the last on the list, you pay me 1000 baht or give me head. Male or female doesn't matter the male species here are all powder puffs.

Rangsang said the traffic police had sought cooperation from operators of motorcycle renting shops not to allow those without license to rent the bikes but they ignored police's request.

Simple solution- impound the rental scooters if the rider doesn't have a license. Auction it off if the rider on the contract doesn't have one. Indemnify the renter for the loss of the scooter to make sure the operator suffers the loss for his illegal actions.

Eezy peezy, and quite profitable, I imagine.

Good god man! You really want a police State!!!

What other useful phrases can we imagine ?

" the fine is 500 but 200 to you with no receipt ", the Chinese are not unfamiliar with the concept of tea money.

Phrase, You sirry irriot one way street 500 bht or we take bike you usey feetclap2.gif

Rangsang said the traffic police had sought cooperation from operators of motorcycle renting shops not to allow those without license to rent the bikes but they ignored police's request.

Simple solution- impound the rental scooters if the rider doesn't have a license. Auction it off if the rider on the contract doesn't have one. Indemnify the renter for the loss of the scooter to make sure the operator suffers the loss for his illegal actions.

Eezy peezy, and quite profitable, I imagine.

Good god man! You really want a police State!!!

How many scooters do you figure they'd actually confiscate before word got out and the operators quit renting them to unlicensed drivers?

I'm all for a state where the negative consequences of actions that put the public at risk, exceed the favorable consequences of those same actions. That's the only way Thai highways will ever be safe to drive or walk or bicycle on.

Sadly, can't foresee it happening in my lifetime. Maybe 2-3 generations in the future...

Edited by impulse

What a joke..see the police riding their scooters on the footpath..no helmet in sight and then fining others for traffic infringements. Totally pathetic and totally bull/ S**t. It makes me sick to think that they prey on others who don't break the law in any way that the police don't break themselves.