Perfect solution for the annoying backseat driver - Thai style

webfact

Perfect solution for the annoying backseat driver - Thai style

pm4.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- We've all been there - driving a car with the missus banging on about something or other.

Now, one driver seems to have come up with the solution - Thai style of course, reported Manager Online.

A video on Facebook is doing the rounds of a woman perched on the boot of a car speeding along what is thought to be Rama 9 Road.

She seems to have accepted her lot on the back of the car. Though she is no battle-axe - she looks quite young and cute in her short black and white dress.

The 1.07 minute long clip was taken by Orrawan Phuakthaisong, thought to be a journalist, as she was driving along after leaving the airport.

Apparently an occupant of the car doing the filming was heard to ask in disbelief: "Er, do you see what I'm seeing?".

People arguing with their wives are advised not to try this - Thaivisa suggests maybe pay for them to go home in a cab if it is really getting to you.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-14

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Childish, immature and dangerous. If it was meant to be funny I find it the opposite. I imagine if she fell off she would be claiming compensation

"....if she fell off she would be claiming compensation."

If she fell off, the police would be scraping her body parts off the road., and the driver that hit her would be claiming compensation for blood splatter all over the front of his car. 

32 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

"....if she fell off she would be claiming compensation."

If she fell off, the police would be scraping her body parts off the road., and the driver that hit her would be claiming compensation for blood splatter all over the front of his car. 

how gory

44 minutes ago, kkup said:

We used to do that on trains. Nothing to see here.

Sitting on a freight car or on the doorway of a passengercar /boxcar is a lot easier than perching on the back of a Toyota Vios at speed on a motorway.

She must have had something between her legs for support or I am surprised she didn't slide off. Maybe she was sitting on a luggage rack?

I'm aware of a farang (at home) who got so sick of the loud and rude back seat driving comments from an old aunty.

He decided to call a taxi for her and give her about half the estimated cost and told the taxi driver the destination address. Then put his family in the car and proceeded to the same destination, usually arriving a few minutes after aunty.

Aunty eventually asked another family member 'what's happening, there's enough room for me in the family car?'

She was quickly told the real reason and also told 'other family members will probably copy the idea'.

She changed many of her behaviors very quickly. 

Where does the "annoying backseat driver" part fit in?

Great little ditty about "back seat driver" wives and what men do about it.

This sounds like mindless chatter from a bar or something.

Who approved this article and why? How about just showing a funny video rather

than soiling it with chauvinistic assumptions.