Thai man who stomped on six year old boy's head walks free from court

webfact

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, remobb said:

So let me see. I can kick this guy in the head, stomp on him and get away with it almost as I have a good character from the past. I will use this as a president when I do something like this.

You'll need about $400 also. 

Did you mean 'precedent'?

5 minutes ago, remobb said:

So let me see. I can kick this guy in the head, stomp on him and get away with it almost as I have a good character from the past. I will use this as a president when I do something like this.

If you are a foreigner don't count on it.

3 hours ago, Cockwomble said:

What a farce. Somchai deserves to do proper time for that

He deserves time, also a behaviour course and a restriction order to never make contact with children unless under supervision.

Until judged fit again, which will be never.

One day he will probably kill someone and then have to dig a bit deeper into the skyrocket.

12 minutes ago, Essaybloke said:

Whoops; back to school for me. Thanks for the correction.

In the real world, most legal decisions are made by people who have at least attended law school at some point in their life. Thai people seem to accept anyone with a title or government position as being intelligent enough to make legal decisions and accept the excuses or reasoning behind those decisions.  This acceptance of decisions made, include the village headman, school teachers, policemen, land department, etc right to the very top of the bloated headcount of numb nuts, that taxpayers are paying for.

The terms law, and order and their application might be seen in the pig lots at feeding time and might well be what the orginal pattern for Thailand's rules of law are based on.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

"was of previous good character "  Many evil men of this world started as " good characters"  until they become

broken in their heads enough to inflict such treatment on a child...

A good excuse would be that the beatings at school finally destroyed his brains and he had to live without one for so long.

Yep, beating school teachers are to blame for this miserable freak. He's with other words a victim too. 

3 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I remember posting at the time that it came across to me as if the "victim" had been "bullying" the man's son and I understood the anger and frustration that could have tipped the Father in the wrong direction if he had actually come across it in action. Obviously the wrong thing to do, but if my boy was coming home from school crying a lot as the result of being bullied, God only knows what way I would react if I actually witnessed it. 

PS....My wife just informed me that the boy that was beaten by the man was in fact comforting the boy that was being bullied. The bully had already run away.

The Father was mistaken in what he thought was going on when he came accross the situation as appeared to him.

What does it matter if he was bullying him or not? Children at that age bully each-other all the time, if the parents of every 6 year old would be a ticking bomb like this guy, we'd have grownups trying to crack children's skulls daily.

The damage he did to his son, him having to witness that display of unimaginable violence, more likely caused a hell of a lot more damage than the bully who ran away did.

There is no way to even begin to understand his actions, I find it troubling that you still think this argument has any merit whatsoever.

I can't even...

It's mind-boggling. What is the thinking and attitudes that lead to such a verdict?

Clearly, I haven't learned everything yet, about the Thai character, as expressed by its legal and court system!

:post-4641-1156693976:

You simply cannot invent such things ........ both the attacker and the father need a nice shake-down and I also query the court's decision explanation on the verdict. I, as a father, would take this all the way for two reasons, one is justice for my son and second - by principle. 

But yeah, this is yet just another very, very sad story in the Land of Thainess ........ 

Where are all the Thai apologist asshats who say such idiotic things like " it's their country" or " if you don't like it leave". I wish this guy would stomp their heads. Same with all the old farts who say " lock'em up and throw away the key" for drug users. For those I say get ready, legalisation is coming your way. The rational people are starting to get a foothold and your antiquated ways of thinking will be no more.

I think the boys father accepting 10,000 Bt and being satisfied with that outcome speaks volumes about these animals. Any father from any other society would have put Amnat in hospital.

5 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

Anyone surprised?

Not surprised, especially when I see the brutality of domestic troubles in my own neighbourhood.

And the endless video clips of people bashing up others in Thailand, and kids committing atrocious acts of cruelty to defenceless animals.

Something is seriously amiss. 

Where is the justice?

And how has Buddhism helped this country?

The police look the other way, and if called in to resolve a dispute, it's so often all to do with the highest bidder .. which includes which side knows someone who can have influence on the policeman. I have seen this first hand. 

It will not change in our lifetime, if ever.

Cowardice of the 1st degree:post-4641-1156693976:! Small boy laying the ground can't fight back. Didn't, of course, grab hold of the alleged 'bully' and confront the father/family (as I think many of us would do and I have done in the past). Oh no, the father/ family might 'bite' back. What a good lesson for his son...only attack those who can't retaliate. Time in woman's prison might teach him something...er...perhaps not. That he walks free shows how little Thais respect the next generation despite the PM repeatedly say (Friday nights) that the young are our future.

3 hours ago, Dixie Normus said:

I cant believe the father would take 10K blood money and consider it even.

The 10K baht according to this article, was only to pay the boy's hospital bills.  So he was only paying for damages he caused.

No damages for pain and suffering or punitive damages in this 10K.  The family got nothing.

The man got a punitive fine of 3K baht from the court.