Dead in bed: Thai wife says Swiss husband took too many painkillers

snoop1130

Dead in bed: Thai wife says Swiss husband took too many painkillers

fdvc.JPG

A Thai wife told police in Chiang Mai that she thought her sick husband took too many pain killers and suffered a heart attack.

Wijitra Klutz, 46, told Chiang Dao cops that her husband Herbert, 58, had been in a lot of pain lately from a herniated disc.

He also suffered from heart disease and was being treated at a local hospital.

"He wouldn't eat," said Wijitra in tears. "He took so many painkillers at a time. I think he overdosed".

Police found Mr Klutz dead in bed on the second story of their Thai style house yesterday morning.

He was wearing just shorts and there were no marks on the body, signs of struggle or evidence of theft.

His wife said they had been married and lived together for ten years.

The body was sent for autopsy and relatives have been informed.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/589442

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-8-3

Colonel Mustard in the Library with a candlestick !

The burning question would be, if he did take too many pain killers, did he know he was taking them ?

It is quite possible that he did indeed take too many (perhaps washing them down with a favourite beverage despite the usual warnings to not consume alcohol and prescription medications at the same time). Wouldn't be the first time someone ignored the directions and thought "well, if 2 are OK then I can probably take 4 and they are probably just playing it safe with the no alcohol warning so a couple of beers (or shots of whiskey) are probably OK too".

Of course it is also possible that maybe he didn't know he was taking them as they were being fed to him (in food and/or drink) without him realizing it.

At this point in time however I think Col Mustard has to definitely be considered because "why not" ? We don't know enough to determine what really happened so why not go with the long shot ?

46 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Colonel Mustard in the Library with a candlestick !

The burning question would be, if he did take too many pain killers, did he know he was taking them ?

It is quite possible that he did indeed take too many (perhaps washing them down with a favourite beverage despite the usual warnings to not consume alcohol and prescription medications at the same time). Wouldn't be the first time someone ignored the directions and thought "well, if 2 are OK then I can probably take 4 and they are probably just playing it safe with the no alcohol warning so a couple of beers (or shots of whiskey) are probably OK too".

Of course it is also possible that maybe he didn't know he was taking them as they were being fed to him (in food and/or drink) without him realizing it.

At this point in time however I think Col Mustard has to definitely be considered because "why not" ? We don't know enough to determine what really happened so why not go with the long shot ?

quote "Of course it is also possible that maybe he didn't know he was taking them as they were being fed to him (in food and/or drink) without him realizing it."

Having said this you obviously "know' the family and the whole truth about what happened.

If you "knew" that he was being fed pain killers without his knowledge, WHY didn't you do something about it?

Of course if you didn't know them, never met them how have you come to that conclusion?

Isn't speculation a wonderful thing to use in the place of facts, especially if you have no idea what you are talking about.

NEVER let the facts get in the way of a speculation.

Edited by billd766
Added extra text

Yes, it is possible to get prescription pain killers, including oral morphine under a doctor's supervision here in Thailand and very easy to overdose.  It's very possible that he was seeing his doctor for his herniated discs and has received medications.  He should have been warned about not taking them with alcohol, however.  It slows the heartbeat and can cause irregular heartbeats.  Not good for someone with heart problems.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

And of course being a dutiful Thai wife married to a Farang she did absolutely nothing to prevent him from taking such large doses !!!!

Yer too right, was probably to busy checking how much money was in his bank accounts

This probably isn't fair.  Have you ever known Thai/foreign couples where the man has chronic pain or mental health issues?  It's very difficult for the woman to take over management of the man's medications because the man thinks he knows-it-all and is suspicious of his wife's motivations.  This is the same reason western men don't tell their Thai wives about their banking details.  They don't trust their wives and it's just easier for the wives not to argue and go along.

Often this mentality gets the guy into much trouble.  This could have been what happened here.

Spot on Nancy, as you know i have chronic pain problems.

I do not allow my wife to interfere with my medication, i do it myself, yes sometimes i get it wrong.

Ony thing different in my case, my wife knows about my banking details, and has full access, she even has my ATM card.

It is not a problem for me, i trust her 100%

11 minutes ago, NancyL said:

This probably isn't fair.  Have you ever known Thai/foreign couples where the man has chronic pain or mental health issues?  It's very difficult for the woman to take over management of the man's medications because the man thinks he knows-it-all and is suspicious of his wife's motivations.  This is the same reason western men don't tell their Thai wives about their banking details.  They don't trust their wives and it's just easier for the wives not to argue and go along.

Often this mentality gets the guy into much trouble.  This could have been what happened here.

1 hour ago, The Old Bull said:

I didn't know you could get any good pain killers in Thailand. I know you can't get sleeping pills.

Diazepam is available at a premium (300% over retail) at "selected" pharmacies and Tramadol seems to be freely available at 80 Baht for 10 generic pills.

Edit: I should add that you are not supposed to mix these two. Major interactions.

Edited by wump

11 hours ago, tracker1 said:

Well one would say if someone was overdosed normally there would be no signs of a struggle and why worry about theft they lived together ! great work Sherlock another case closed " Cause of Death " Suicide "

There was no sign of a struggle or theft.....so do you think they shold come to a different conclusion for the time being?

45 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Yes, it is possible to get prescription pain killers, including oral morphine under a doctor's supervision here in Thailand and very easy to overdose.  It's very possible that he was seeing his doctor for his herniated discs and has received medications.  He should have been warned about not taking them with alcohol, however.  It slows the heartbeat and can cause irregular heartbeats.  Not good for someone with heart problems.

Had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago & have been given "Ultracet" by the doc. Does the Tramodol slow the hr?

10 hours ago, billd766 said:

quote "Of course it is also possible that maybe he didn't know he was taking them as they were being fed to him (in food and/or drink) without him realizing it."

Having said this you obviously "know' the family and the whole truth about what happened.

If you "knew" that he was being fed pain killers without his knowledge, WHY didn't you do something about it?

Of course if you didn't know them, never met them how have you come to that conclusion?

Isn't speculation a wonderful thing to use in the place of facts, especially if you have no idea what you are talking about.

for quite a few guys these scenarios are quite real, they have paid for their wife and now are not sure if she is with them for the money and if she is planning to have the money without the guy. It just shows a lot about the kind of relations guys who come up with these theories are in. If you live in fear of your wife killing you and think all other wives are out to kill their husbands.. that does tell a bit about the state of mind some people have. Usually because of the situation they are in. 

57 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Your right, if i were in pain and or medicine id manage it myself. Id feel like a fool if I would not manage something like that. If you can't manage your own medicine what is next. Its not about suspicions always.. but there are some things you have to do yourself. When i was married my thai wife did know my banking details. I don't see why not if I did not trust her I would not have married her. In all those years never a problem, no money grab in the divorce, just taking what she brought in. Not all Thai ladies are gold diggers.. there are many decent ones.. just takes a bit more effort and she probably will not be 30 years younger with the body of a goddess while the guy is the opposite. 

38 minutes ago, faraday said:

Had a hip replacement 3 weeks ago & have been given "Ultracet" by the doc. Does the Tramodol slow the hr?

Use Dr. Google to read about the side effects of Tramadol.  Increased heart rate and blood pressure are rare side effects.  Stick with the recommended dose and don't mix with other drugs or alcohol.

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

NancyL, I think your statement is at best very general. My wife has full access to all banking and participates actively in financial management, as well as contributing to the finances and i obviously also trust her. My ex wife (western) was a train wreck when it came to financial management and spent money like it was falling off of trees.

In regards to taking prescription drugs my wife is quite vocal in regards to making sure i don't exceed dosage recommendations, even with panadol (annoyingly persistent sometimes). 

22 minutes ago, robblok said:

Your right, if i were in pain and or medicine id manage it myself. Id feel like a fool if I would not manage something like that. If you can't manage your own medicine what is next. Its not about suspicions always.. but there are some things you have to do yourself. When i was married my thai wife did know my banking details. I don't see why not if I did not trust her I would not have married her. In all those years never a problem, no money grab in the divorce, just taking what she brought in. Not all Thai ladies are gold diggers.. there are many decent ones.. just takes a bit more effort and she probably will not be 30 years younger with the body of a goddess while the guy is the opposite. 

Excellent reply to a clueless and bigoted post.

Definition of Occam's razor

1. :  a scientific and philosophical rule that entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily which is interpreted as requiring that the simplest of competing theories be preferred to the more complex or that explanations of unknown phenomena be sought first in terms of known quantities.

The simplest is that he (only) took an overdose to ease his pain.

1 hour ago, wump said:

Diazepam is available at a premium (300% over retail) at "selected" pharmacies and Tramadol seems to be freely available at 80 Baht for 10 generic pills.

Edit: I should add that you are not supposed to mix these two. Major interactions.

As of December last year, Tramadol is no longer freely available and notices are placed in many pharmacies to that effect after the Government concern of young people popping the pills in conjunction with coca cola.

13 hours ago, tracker1 said:

great work Sherlock another case closed " Cause of Death " Suicide "

They've said no such thing, Sherlock2. Avoid the knee-jerk.

13 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah right. 'Course "he wouldn't eat," he was suffering back pain (know what that's like?), and he had heart problems to boot.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

And of course being a dutiful Thai wife married to a Farang she did absolutely nothing to prevent him from taking such large doses !!!!

Sounds more like she did try but he wouldn't listen. Typical of an old fart here but people suffering in great pain will often do anything to get relief.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

what is heat disease   ?

GIYF

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

NancyL, I think your statement is at best very general.

And there's no evidence this doesn't fit the general, and more likely, case.

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

Definition of Occam's razor

1. :  a scientific and philosophical rule that entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily which is interpreted as requiring that the simplest of competing theories be preferred to the more complex or that explanations of unknown phenomena be sought first in terms of known quantities.

The simplest is that he (only) took an overdose to ease his pain.

Exactly. But that spoils all the fun, eh.

Where's the heart? I think we can just as well sympathize with this poor lady, Wijitra Klutz. We could just assume, if we weren't so shrewd, having learned from countless CSI: TVF keyboard investigations in the past, that she loved her husband, they'd been together 10 years already (weren't that far apart in age), she loved and depended on him, she tried to take care of him as best she could as he began to suffer health issues, she'd been worried, and now the worst has happened.

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Could be. But i'd say if you can't trust your wife or partner then what the hell are you playing at, being with that person??? :post-4641-1156693976::shock1:  :wai:

52 minutes ago, JSixpack said:

They've said no such thing, Sherlock2. Avoid the knee-jerk.

Yeah right. 'Course "he wouldn't eat," he was suffering back pain (know what that's like?), and he had heart problems to boot.

Sounds more like she did try but he wouldn't listen. Typical of an old fart here but people suffering in great pain will often do anything to get relief.

GIYF

And there's no evidence this doesn't fit the general, and more likely, case.

Exactly. But that spoils all the fun, eh.

Where's the heart? I think we can just as well sympathize with this poor lady, Wijitra Klutz. We could just assume, if we weren't so shrewd, having learned from countless CSI: TVF keyboard investigations in the past, that she loved her husband, they'd been together 10 years already (weren't that far apart in age), she loved and depended on him, she tried to take care of him as best she could as he began to suffer health issues, she'd been worried, and now the worst has happened.

A good commonsense post that does not fit well with moaners, whiners and speculators that infest TVF.

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

NEVER let the facts get in the way of a speculation :cheesy:

Could be the motto of some posters :smile:

5 hours ago, NancyL said:

Not fair ? by your own words you have proven my point. If the man did not trust his wife as you suggest then it was not a true husband/wife relationship so hence  the point I made is reinforced even more.

6 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

I didn't know you could get any good pain killers in Thailand. I know you can't get sleeping pills.

News Flash: a hospital doctor offered me good pain killers (before sleeping pills to kill the nagging pain related to my wife insisting I get my heart checked) after nearly passing out from the excruciating pain that I can deal with easier than her.

It actually gave me newfound respect for a doctor's diagnosis.