Troubled British tourist falls to death from Chiang Mai condo

webfact

15 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

maybe get caught buying and land in a Cambodian hell prison for 25 years, anyway Mr. average like myself wouldn't even know where to go to buy an exit pill, so jumping seems the only way out.

In Cambodia, real opiates are very easy to come by and police are few and far between

Pharmaceutical grade or street level powder, take your pick

The US averages about 5 suicides per day, Australia about 1 per day and the UK about 2 per day. As other posters have said, most western countries do not report suicides to discourage copycats.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stevemercer said:

The US averages about 5 suicides per day, Australia about 1 per day and the UK about 2 per day. As other posters have said, most western countries do not report suicides to discourage copycats.

70 per day in Japan. About 3 every hour.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stevemercer said:

In the UK , it's more like 12 per day

I`m not suggesting this isn`t another case of suicide, but if does seem if anyone in Thailand wants to commit murder and get away with it, is to just throw someone off a high building and walk away, because unless there is any obvious evidence of foul play, the police will simply assume it`s a suicide or the person fell because they were high on drink or drugs.

The numbers of foreigners in Thailand that fall from high buildings each year is a worrying trend.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

He probably wanted a quick death, drugs, especially over the counter drugs, aren't quick or painless, you would need opiates for that, good luck getting that at a pharmacy. A Thai man in my village tried it with an overdose of paracetamol and alcohol, he was found after 24 hours and died in agony after 4 days in the hospital.

I was thinking tramadol or some form of barbiturates.

So many have committed suicide. People seem to forget you are dead for a long time. Well, it was not over a woman taking all the money this time. People in the pool must have been in shock. Probably thought it was Superman leaping off a tall building. 

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

He probably wanted a quick death, drugs, especially over the counter drugs, aren't quick or painless, you would need opiates for that, good luck getting that at a pharmacy. A Thai man in my village tried it with an overdose of paracetamol and alcohol, he was found after 24 hours and died in agony after 4 days in the hospital.

I once had to "special" a patient that took an intentional paracetamol overdose. It takes days to die.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I once had to "special" a patient that took an intentional paracetamol overdose. It takes days to die.

Yes-generally about 5 days and the worst thing is that after about 3 the patient knows that the condition is irreversible.So..please don't do it.

• Like 2

Just now, Odysseus123 said:

Yes-generally about 5 days and the worst thing is that after about 3 the patient knows that the condition is irreversible.So..please don't do it.

I don't think anyone takes paracetamol as a 'cry for help". They just don't realise how slowly it works.

8 hours ago, fantom said:

I can help reduce your sense of amazement. We read almost every report of suicide, particularly within our demographic on tv. In countries such as Australia  and the UK, media deliberately underplays such reporting to discourage so called copycat events.

No need to imply some sort of conspiracy theory.

Isn't that in itself a conspiracy theory? ?