Thaksin’s son Panthongtae formally joins Pheu Thai party

webfact

Thaksin-Panthongtae-Shinawatra.jpg

After having sat on the sidelines for years, fugitive former prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s only son, Panthongtae “Oak”, has decided to formally join Pheu Thai party just as it continues to bleed from a mass defection which sees several of its former MPs joining the ranks of pro-Prayut Palang Pracharat.  

Panthongtae on Sunday posted on his Facebook a receipt of his Pheu Thai party’s membership with the background of Martin Luther King Jr and his famous quote: “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”

He wrote that as Thaksin’s son he could not afford to flip-flop because there are only two options for him – to stay quiet and wait to be hunted down or “move forward with faith and ideology”.

Full story:  https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thaksins-son-panthongtae-formally-joins-pheu-thai-party/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-11-26

I think it is a good move. If other members of the PT keep calling Thaksin in Dubai, they really have no excuse apart for politics and the running of the party. Now they can use Oak. If questioned why he was calling Thaksin, he has the perfect excuse, "Just calling dad to see how he is/ with family news." 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

– to stay quiet and wait to be hunted down or “move forward with faith and ideology”.

Oak might as well rattle the junta cage. The junta think they have boxed him in and hoping he will quit and leave. Now they have to contend with him. 

6 hours ago, seajae said:

another shin wanting to get his snout in the trough, wonder how long before he has to do a runner like his dad and aunt, if the court case goes ahead probably not too long

They're preparing another add-on to the Dubai compound as we speak....

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea he is a real political heavy-weight. No nepotism or anything. If anything the junta will die laughing.

But i must admit a perfect PTP candidate caught cheating on tests and all. Just what they need and he has the mandatory court cases going against him. On par for the course.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yes. If only the military would be investigated and charged with some of their own crimes it would be an even playing field. But treason, corruption and murder seem to be acceptable to one side of politics only. A self appointed amnesty by the old babboon himself seems to make every illegal act ok otherwise he would be also looking for an escape route.

Unlike the Shins who are free to travel anywhere in the world, Prayuths only option is probably China.

Edited by Reigntax
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yea he is a real political heavy-weight. No nepotism or anything. If anything the junta will die laughing.

But i must admit a perfect PTP candidate caught cheating on tests and all. Just what they need and he has the mandatory court cases going against him. On par for the course.

If Ahbisit's draft dodging cheat can end up being a PM and another who break the law to be junta PM, I see no reason why Oak can't do something for his political future. Everyone seem par on course. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The headline should read:
Thaksin’s son Panthongtae formally joins the soon to be disbanded  Pheu Thai party

Now, that's probably more accurate.

• Like 2

Yes. If only the military would be investigated and charged with some of their own crimes it would be an even playing field. But treason, corruption and murder seem to be acceptable to one side of politics only. A self appointed amnesty by the old babboon himself seems to make every illegal act ok otherwise he would be also looking for an escape route.
Unlike the Shins who are free to travel anywhere in the world, Prayuths only option is probably China.
I am in full agreement that the military is getting off light and should be investigated.

However how does that make anything i said about Oak less true.

It does not change any of the facts.

I hope one day Thailand gets some good and honest politicians but you can be sure they won't be Shins that family is tainted

I also hope that the military and all others that are corrupt get punished for it.

Just like i hope i will win the lottery.

Even with me not buying any tickets for the lottery there is a bigger chance of me winning then any of my previous wishes coming true anytime soon.

• Like 2