Bangkok: "Shell shocked" US marine sparks bomb alert in front of US Embassy

webfact

Bangkok: "Shell shocked" US marine sparks bomb alert in front of US Embassy

9pm.jpg

Picture: The Tempo News

Bomb disposal personnel were called after a foreigner was reported acting suspiciously outside the US Embassy in Withayu or Wireless Road, Bangkok this morning. 

The man had a cardboard box and a torch battery. 

It was soon discovered that the man was Lucas Mc., who the Tempo News said was a 35 year old American.

He had served with the Marines in Iraq and had been blown up suffering mental trauma. 

Now he had come to Thailand to teach English. 

9pm1.jpg

Picture: The Tempo News

He needed lots of meds for his condition. 

His box was found not to contain anything explosive. Inside was paper, a cloth and a figurine of a Thai boxer showing respect to his teacher. 

Lucas was taken away for a full mental evaluation but was not charged. 

Source: The Tempo News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-04-21

• Sad 3

25 minutes ago, timendres said:

Agreed. Of course, all of the TVF Special Forces members will tell you they also survived an IED and had no mental issues whatsoever. My bet is that the Thai police dealt with him a little nicer than he would have been dealt with back home.

5eplace "a little" with "much" and i agree with you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

I respectll all veteran dosen't matter what coundry they are. They have give much to they coundry. Many have give all!

????

Thank you   it is too bad our embassies do not feel that way.

psst check your spell check coundy should be country LOL

• Haha 1

feel bad for the guy, he's really crying out for help.  

I do hope he FAILS a teaching background check via fingerprints.  Well, I guess he could still "teach" on a tourist visa for a few months.  anyhow, he shouldn't be around kids.  

bomb alert seems a little harsh, I would need to know more information.  box in front of embassy, yea, it's gotta be something.  hold on, the cleaning lady just left a box outside!!!!!  OMG!!!!  

he's not that dumb.  he knows he needs help from his country and he went to his embassy.  so i'm thinking he's relatively harmless....well, i wouldn't hang out with him.  

1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

As an ex vet I hope he can get the medical help that he needs clearly Thailand is not the ideal place for him to be living in the US Embassy need to make arrangements to get him home ASAP 

Question - do vets get good health care coverage for things like mental health services?