Why do thai men let the girlfriends work in bar

I think it's almost funny when some guys here come with moral issues.

It's between the girl and her husband/boyfriend. As long as he does not force her to do it then it's up to them.

And how many guys here who go with the girls care if she has a boyfriend or not? If you knew the DJ is her husband would you not go with her because you respect their relationship and you would not have sex with another guy's wife?

And what do you think should the girl do? Marry a rich old farang and be in bed only with him because that is then obviously true love and no work anymore? 555

2 minutes ago, Acharn said:

Not only boyfriends allowing it, husbands, too. Some husbands even send their wives to work to supplement the family income. After all, it's only sex, no big deal.

this is not unique to thailand, there was a documentary in the uk recently, and i'm sure it happens in other countries, about married sex workers, so i suggest the title should be 'why do men let the (sic) girlfriends work in a bar'.

to answer your question; it's their job, a way to make a living, to make ends meet. it's the customers who often assume there is more to the 'relationship' than a business transaction.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It isn't in nearly all women's nature to cheat, betray or steal. It happened to you, me and a lot of others because we picked the wrong women to be with. The right ones won't behave like that, especially if treated right.

I often read threads like this and wonder why the men in failed marriages never seem to accept at least partial responsibility. The constant women are 'bad'  dialogue becomes unbelievable and boring.

Your final phrase 'especially if treated right' for me is a very valid point. I have seen many men who have no idea how to treat a woman 'right', in my younger days, me included!! Unfortunately those incapable of looking to themselves will probably never learn.

Possibly outside their 'profession' Thai ladies look after their men well, which is why the men remain in the relationship

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

and when she has dried out the money stream the Long Con will have come to fruition when she has it all and he has been left with nothing.....private dancer anyone

You know, it was written by a guy who never spoke Thai with his girl friend. The pronoun "mon" is not used only to refer to animals, at least by most Thais. It just means "him, her, or it." I don't know if the author based his story on his own experience or not, but if he did he's a real <deleted>. 

1 hour ago, Catkiwi said:

He will often be introduced as the brother and allowed to spend time at the house, take her out "shopping" and generally get up to no good when the White Knight is galloping around down town.

Yes, often happens.  You have to admire the commitment between such Thai couples, who do not allow a brief financially productive, but emotionally difficult, break in their relationship to destroy it. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You “have seen “. ........or they have told you?

Well what proof do you want on video call on Phone waving the money( this was 25k from one punter for a few days)

Doing likewise with bankbook and laughing like a Thai lottery win, no need to make things up all before

the Covid of course, and they will not loose any face by making things up. they do not have to.

• Haha 1

They are pragmatic, I met a bargirl in Koh Samui whose husband worked and lived in another part of the country, they were saving up so that he could open up his own motorbike repair and bike rent shop, three months after she told me this he came to Samui and opened up his shop and she stopped the bar work and did the paperwork in his shop while he did the repairs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Everyone who has a girlfriend is eventually a 'cuck', some sooner than later.

The only way to avoid women cheating on you, is to never get involved with one (apart from your mom).

Back to your male supremacist sites looking for your young Christian virgin.

Sounds like projection more than anything. Why did she cheat? Good looking guys and guys with money and status have zero issues starting and maintain relationships, most women at least here in the west would rather hold out for guy like that and become a spinster instead of "settling".  Why is that? Well it's because dating and relationships is about looks status and money and not "personality".  Also I don't care about christian virgins I'm ready to resume my career as a sea whoremonger ASAP.

Also if a guy knowingly allows his gf to get railed on the side with or especially without compensation he is a cuck sorry I don't make the rules.

Edited by sukhumvitneon

22 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Also if a guy knowingly allows his gf to get railed on the side with or especially without compensation he is a cuck sorry I don't make the rules.

RooshV made the rules, an Arab living in the USA and banned from ever entering or transiting the UK, who never laid a good looking woman in his life. Not allowed to sell, publish, advertise or have an account on any social media or online platform. You abide by set of rules made by an extreme loser anyway you care to judge him.

Sorry, I'd like a set of rules made by a white guy with a history of dating attractive women, and a child or two.

Edited by BritManToo

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

RooshV made the rules, an Arab living in the USA and banned from ever entering or transiting the UK, who never laid a good looking woman in his life. Not allowed to sell, publish, advertise or have an account on any social media or online platform. You abide by set of rules made by an extreme loser anyway you care to judge him.

Sorry, I'd like a set of rules made by a white guy with a history of dating attractive women, and a child or two.

Well, I've dated at least 100 women and married three, all good to gorgeous looking. 6 children from 4 women. There are no rules. You treat a woman right, she should treat you right, and money isn't near everything. If she doesn't treat you right, cheats, or abuses you in any way, she has a mental illness and best to let her do it to other victims. There are millions of good looking women in the world that want love and won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. I had a habit of attracting some with mental illnesses so I've been there and regretted every day.

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

And yet, you still ended up here, fishing for desperate uneducated single moms like the rest of us.

I'm surprised God didn't help you a bit more.

My wife wasn't desperate by any means. She was with enough Thai men to know what to expect, and it's not bragging when I say I'm a good catch. Not for wealth or money, but for how I treat a woman, kids and extended family, and that is something learned by desire. You keep mentioning God because in other posts I showed my faith in him. He didn't find my wives and girlfriends, they were from human attraction. You are supposed to ask God to guide you to a mate, and I never did that, and sometimes paid the price. Attraction throws everything out the window when you see a woman's beauty, and I'm not alone in that. I came here because I had Thailand on my bucket list, and talked to one woman from Isaan online before I came. When I came to meet her, I stayed at a hotel she suggested. She was a doctor with a daughter, and was a nice lady. The second day in the hotel I was talking to my daughter back home on the computer and in walked in a woman who did laundry there. That was all it took for me. That, and staying in the area for a month getting to know her, followed by coming back two more times in the following year and talking daily on messenger and the phone. So I didn't go fishing here. I reserve that for real fish. I came here and fell in love with an Isaan girl. She isn't book smart like women I'm used to back in the US, but she's as smart as anyone I've ever been with and our daughter is also. I know one thing. If I ever was lost in the wilderness, I would definitely want here with me, because she knows plants better than anyone I know.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, n00dle said:

Interesting notion that a man would be in a position to let the girl do anything.

Id wonder more why a women working in a bar would let a man be her boyfriend.

There are guys whom I have met who don't seem to mind their girlfriends working in a bar, and one particular girl whom I have been friends with for quite a few years now, met a farang and when he wanted to make the girl his girlfriend, she said that she was okay with it provided he let her continue to work in the bar.

He was going back overseas and said he would return a couple of times a year, and that it was okay with him.

She continued working in the bar and going with customers and he knew it, and this went on for at least a couple of years until she moved over to live with him in his own country.

Haven't heard from her in a while, but she did return to Patong with him, before the virus scare, and he seemed quite okay with meeting some of the customers she had in the past, as she seemed to make friends with quite a few of them, such was her personality.

23 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The funny thing is most of the Thai prostitute don't consider themselves as a prostitute at all

they ''take care'' customers, they ''go'' with friends, they ''do'' freelance and so on

but i have never heard one of the hundreds of thai prostitutes i have been with say

to me she was a prostitute.

And if you call them by this name they see it as an insult

and it could degenerate in a fight or a big argument

They just want you to feel happy.

I asked a girl who works in massage/a normal massage if there is also something special going on.

She told me. Yes, everywhere you go, you can get a special ending.

And you, are you doing that as well? Yes, why not?

You do not feel that you are selling yourself, selling your body, being a prostitute?

NOOOO, it is just my hand.

I told her, that the same, that the starter of prostitution.
Noooooo, just my hand. I want my customer who comes for normal massage to be happy.

If he is happy, I am happy.

50% or less they get as commission for the massage plus 100% from whatever they charge on top, to make the customer happy ????

I go quickly wash my hands and all fine.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

There are guys whom I have met who don't seem to mind their girlfriends working in a bar, and one particular girl whom I have been friends with for quite a few years now, met a farang and when he wanted to make the girl his girlfriend, she said that she was okay with it provided he let her continue to work in the bar.

He was going back overseas and said he would return a couple of times a year, and that it was okay with him.

She continued working in the bar and going with customers and he knew it, and this went on for at least a couple of years until she moved over to live with him in his own country.

Haven't heard from her in a while, but she did return to Patong with him, before the virus scare, and he seemed quite okay with meeting some of the customers she had in the past, as she seemed to make friends with quite a few of them, such was her personality.

i dont think one can be surprised when one of the girls turns out to be a regular human being despite venom they ofter incur on thai visa.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, fredwiggy said:

Well, I've dated at least 100 women and married three, all good to gorgeous looking. 6 children from 4 women. There are no rules. You treat a woman right, she should treat you right, and money isn't near everything. If she doesn't treat you right, cheats, or abuses you in any way, she has a mental illness and best to let her do it to other victims. There are millions of good looking women in the world that want love and won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. I had a habit of attracting some with mental illnesses so I've been there and regretted every day.

You are evidently the common denominator in these equations. Everyone else is insane except you right?

• Haha 2

On 6/11/2020 at 12:17 PM, fredwiggy said:

Thank you, Donald!