3rd Army: No Soldiers in Migrant Smuggling

snoop1130

12 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

why are people so cynical :)??
????:wai:

I got your pun and emoticons. ???? I can't speak for anyone else, but I am cynical of governments in general, be they Thai or that of my own country. These drones seem to forget that the truth eventually comes out, and that the consequences are often more damaging than what was being covered up. This "save face" nonsense has damaged the credibility of most talking-heads, uniformed or not.

• Like 2

And there's no prostitutes in Pattaya and no gambling dens in Thailand, come on General who do you think you're kidding. What they all just jumped over the razor wire hailed a passing taxi and went to Bangkok yeah right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

This is laughable....  I recall 4 checkpoints when driving over the mountains from Mae Sot towards Tak.

Everyone knows these are the check-points used stop ‘unapproved’ transport of migrant labourers. The simplest and easiest route of labor into Thailand is controlled specifically by the army !!! 

There are so many other routes too which are more difficult..  ‘migrant labourer networks'  bring in Burmese migrants after long jungle trek though to the north of the lake at Khao Laem national park, transported through the lake to land transport near Wat Tha Kanun at the south of the lake. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is laughable....  I recall 4 checkpoints when driving over the mountains from Mae Sot towards Tak.

Everyone knows these are the check-points used stop ‘unapproved’ transport of migrant labourers. The simplest and easiest route of labor into Thailand is controlled specifically by the army !!! 

There are so many other routes too which are more difficult..  ‘migrant labourer networks'  bring in Burmese migrants after long jungle trek though to the north of the lake at Khao Laem national park, transported through the lake to land transport near Wat Tha Kanun at the south of the lake. 

You must bear in mind that the "jungle trek" routes, potential transport RVs and back roads from them cannot be effectively monitored as they don't have canopies, water coolers and wi-fi!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Despite the number of generals, Thailand is ripe for invasion.  Laos or Cambodia could overrun the country in an hour by the simple expedient of arriving at midday when everywhere is closed.  By the time Thais have finished their noodles they will have become a satellite state of another country.

This will mean an improved Education system and learning to drive on the right (or just learning to drive.)  It could lead to the formation of a police force.

Or, in order to save face, they could do a "Prachuabkhirikhan" just like in 1941: Fight for 14 hours, sacrifice a few hundred pawns (i.e. conscripted peasant soldiers), surrender to the invading enemy, then immediately ally with them. Then, once the war turns against your allies, simply abandon them, switch sides and eventually declare yourself a victor.  

• Like 2