COVID Vaccination Experiences - please post here

Sheryl

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

That's correct don't understand many posts here they seemed very stressed, maybe because they live in highly farangie populated areas.

I told my local hospital New Sukhothai I will be quite happy to have Sinovac they told me I can't it's for Thai people, you will to wait until we receive Pfizer for you. 

I have both now and my wife has had 1 sinovac and her 2nd tomorrow will be AZ.

Sukhothai had done a good job. ????

Turns out Pfizer is the USA version of the China Sinovac. Starts out at 95% after second jab. 6 months after second jab 42% against all variant's of Covid. All vaccines weaken, Its just Pfizer and Sinovac have the same time frame 6 months after second jab. Moderna remains the strongest and that's what I plan to get when I travel back home to USA. Also Moderna will have a booster but dont know when  https://news.yahoo.com/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-223358712.html    https://news.yahoo.com/moderna-vs-pfizer-both-knockouts-182810753.html

20 minutes ago, club said:

Turns out Pfizer is the USA version of the China Sinovac. Starts out at 95% after second jab. 6 months after second jab 42% against all variant's of Covid. All vaccines weaken, Its just Pfizer and Sinovac have the same time frame 6 months after second jab. Moderna remains the strongest and that's what I plan to get when I travel back home to USA. Also Moderna will have a booster but dont know when  https://news.yahoo.com/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-223358712.html    https://news.yahoo.com/moderna-vs-pfizer-both-knockouts-182810753.html

Well I have had 2 jabs of whatever which is better than nowt.

I live what's always been low risk area, so I have no concerns.

17 hours ago, club said:

Turns out Pfizer is the USA version of the China Sinovac. Starts out at 95% after second jab. 6 months after second jab 42% against all variant's of Covid. All vaccines weaken, Its just Pfizer and Sinovac have the same time frame 6 months after second jab. Moderna remains the strongest and that's what I plan to get when I travel back home to USA. Also Moderna will have a booster but dont know when

As I read those articles, I think you're very possibly reading too much into the raw numbers.

As pointed out in the second link:

"Results from those studies can be skewed by any number of factors, including the location, the age of the population vaccinated, when they were immunized and the timing between the doses, Dean said.

For example, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was rolled out weeks before Moderna’s to priority groups — older adults and health care workers. Immunity wanes more quickly in older adults, so a decline observed in a group consisting mostly of older adults may give the false impression that the protection from the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine falls off quickly."

The fact is that both vaccines remain highly effective against serious illness, hospitalization or death.

Also there's no indication as yet that booster doses, whether of Pfizer or Moderna, will be authorized for the general public in the US.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As I read those articles, I think you're very possibly reading too much into the raw numbers.

As pointed out in the second link:

"Results from those studies can be skewed by any number of factors, including the location, the age of the population vaccinated, when they were immunized and the timing between the doses, Dean said.

For example, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was rolled out weeks before Moderna’s to priority groups — older adults and health care workers. Immunity wanes more quickly in older adults, so a decline observed in a group consisting mostly of older adults may give the false impression that the protection from the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine falls off quickly."

The fact is that both vaccines remain highly effective against serious illness, hospitalization or death.

Also there's no indication as yet that booster doses, whether of Pfizer or Moderna, will be authorized for the general public in the US.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-authorizes-booster-dose-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-certain-populations   According to this , I would need a booster after 6 months from second shot of Pfizer. I am 65. Last time I checked , I still am considered the general public . Before I let someone stick a vaccine in my arm i try to learn as much public info i can. When this is being reported by multiple news sources along with all the major news networks in the USA I tend to believe them . 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, club said:

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-authorizes-booster-dose-pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-certain-populations   According to this , I would need a booster after 6 months from second shot of Pfizer. I am 65. Last time I checked , I still am considered the general public . Before I let someone stick a vaccine in my arm i try to learn as much public info i can. When this is being reported by multiple news sources along with all the major news networks in the USA I tend to believe them . 

OK sorry, didn't know you were over 65, obviously.

Today I got an AZ booster in Pattaya.  I had 2 doses of Sinovac, the last on July 5, booked with the Mor Prom app and my pink card.  Sinovac administered at Pattaya City Hospital.  Thai partner was able to arrange the booster, which was given at a Naklua school near the government center.  The whole process today was well-run.  We arrived around 12:45 and were done around 1:30.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, newnative said:

Today I got an AZ booster in Pattaya.  I had 2 doses of Sinovac, the last on July 5, booked with the Mor Prom app and my pink card.  Sinovac administered at Pattaya City Hospital.  Thai partner was able to arrange the booster, which was given at a Naklua school near the government center.  The whole process today was well-run.  We arrived around 12:45 and were done around 1:30.  

Intramuscular (like the previous shots) or subcutaneous?

Province:  Khon Kaen, Chonnabot District

Date: 22 September 2021

Location (name of hospital or other) Chonnabot Community Hospital

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Yes, over 60. No chronic illness.

How did you register? In person at Chonnabot Hospital.

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes.

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AZ.

If no, Reason not vaccinated: N/A

Any advice please (no guesses or criticisms of my carelessness etc., thanks).

I had my second jab at Bang Sue 2 weeks ago  -- very efficient and friendly although no English.

I was given a document afterwards with a silvery QR code stuck to it.

After the 30 minute wait period we gave the form to the official checking that we'd done our full 30 minutes and he gave the (a) form back.

At home I noticed that we had two forms, the original first jab form and the other a photo copy of that with an extra rubber stamped on it.

I want to enrol on the Mor Prom app but have no 13 digit number or QR code.

I get as far as I can (all in Thai) and it says that I am in the computer system but then demands the 13 character number and my phone number (which it says is wrong).

Can go no further.

Now, I either lost the proper document on the way home or was given the wrong one at the centre on leaving.

Is there any office I can go to or contact to sort this out?

I don't think returning to Bang Sue would be an option --- how  would I get through and explain to the various identity checkers etc. (if you'd been to Bang Sue -- you'd understand).

Advice or information pleeeze but no criticisms.

4 minutes ago, Promsak said:

Any advice please (no guesses or criticisms of my carelessness etc., thanks).

I had my second jab at Bang Sue 2 weeks ago  -- very efficient and friendly although no English.

I was given a document afterwards with a silvery QR code stuck to it.

After the 30 minute wait period we gave the form to the official checking that we'd done our full 30 minutes and he gave the (a) form back.

At home I noticed that we had two forms, the original first jab form and the other a photo copy of that with an extra rubber stamped on it.

I want to enrol on the Mor Prom app but have no 13 digit number or QR code.

I get as far as I can (all in Thai) and it says that I am in the computer system but then demands the 13 character number and my phone number (which it says is wrong).

Can go no further.

Now, I either lost the proper document on the way home or was given the wrong one at the centre on leaving.

Is there any office I can go to or contact to sort this out?

I don't think returning to Bang Sue would be an option --- how  would I get through and explain to the various identity checkers etc. (if you'd been to Bang Sue -- you'd understand).

Advice or information pleeeze but no criticisms.

I'm a bit confused.  You have a QR code now or not?  If you have a QR code you should be able to scan that and it will take you to a Ministry of Public Health site that will have your vaccination data.

You could try calling the Mor Prom Call Center:

"Foreigners who wish to acquire the digital vaccine certificate and have problems with the Mor Prom application can contact the Mor Prom call center at 02 792 2333. For foreigners who get the COVID-19 vaccine from another system from the Expatvac website, please check the vaccination appointment. If it has a 13-digit number from Mor Prom system, they can access the digital vaccine certificate section in the Mor Prom application."

I think you've had the jabs as you say but you need to get the 13-digit ID number (starts with 60000...).  Possibly the Mor Prom Call Center will be able to help you.  They may want to know things like your phone number, date of vaccinations, location of vaccinations, etc.  From that they way be able to give you your ID Number.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 6:20 PM, club said:

Seems you focused on the headline and missed this.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-study-on-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-effectiveness-up-to-6-months/

“Among fully vaccinated individuals of all ages, overall adjusted vaccine effectiveness estimates for COVID-19 hospital admissions were 87% (95% CI 82–91) within 1 month after being fully vaccinated, and 88% (82–92) at 5 months after full vaccination, showing no significant waning.”

On 10/8/2021 at 3:41 PM, newnative said:

Thanks - did you do this with same pink card ID? Did the AZ booster jab get added to the MorPhrom app?

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

This morning, got an AstraZaneca booster from the stadium walk in Vax centre in Pattaya. I'd previously had 2 Sinovac from Phayathai 2 who failed dismally to come up with a 3rd booster. Went to the stadium with passport and Vax certificate, not knowing jack about whether I'd get one. Got there about 8am. Very busy but took a seat outside where indicated and waited about 30 mins before entering stadium. No checks outside at all. Given a piece of paper with a number on it upon entering.

Sat in the spectators seats well spaced apart. Another 30 minutes and we filed down to the registration and jab area. Most Thais had a piece of paper and just went straight to the jab queue. I had to register. I used my jab certificate. It was all being organised by Banglamung hospital. Just have to fill out consent form and questionnaire re medical history and sign.

Then get in pre-jab queue. 5 minutes to seated. Then hand in consent form and passport. Next stop jab. All done. Wait 30 minutes and good to go.

Just want to give a huge thanks to Thai people for finally getting this moving along. Always friendly and helpful on this occasion. Couldn't ask for more. Considering the numbers of people, maybe several thousand, hats off! About 2 hours 30 minutes end to end.

Just an added note. Apparently it takes a few days for the hospital databases to update, so the 3rd jab won't appear on the digital certificate until then.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Province: Buriram

Date: 15th November 2021

Location (name of hospital or other) Local amphur

Are you over 60/chronically ill? (Yes/No) Aged 65, not chronically ill

How did you register? Local Poo Yai Ban

Vaccination received (yes/no) Yes (12 weeks after first AZ)

If yes,  Type of vaccine : AstraZeneca (Had choice of Pfizer or AZ)

If no, Reason not vaccinated: 

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

So I got my Pfizer booster on Sunday.

Exactly the same response as my second one.

Yesterday was an awful day, felt like cr**p. Body aches, headache like a freight train rolled over my head, body chills. My sore arm was horrible, but I also did a flu shot at the same time which probably made that worse.

It lasts a day so I'll live with it.

But I hope these new antiviral drugs work since if I'm honest I'd rather take my chances on getting sick and cure it than go through this vaccination day of Hell every year

Edited by GinBoy2

I've had 2 Pfizer jabs, I didn't even feel the needle, never mind any side effects.

On the other hand, 2 young women I work with had AZ yesterday and are still feeling quite bad. I'm not sure if the AZ was locally manufactured or imported. But they felt nothing after their earlier sino--- shot a few weeks ago.

But I do know of several very serious reactions to sino--- in people in their 50s and 60s. So serious in fact I'm reluctant to detail it here as I don't want to start a troll war.

Slightly off topic, but I've had 3 shots already (2 x Sinovac, June and July,  and 1 x AstraZaneca, October 25th) all courtesy of excellent Thai government service, and free. I booked a Moderna way back in July, as a possible booster, before finding I could get an AstraZaneca, and the hospital I booked it at has just told me I can take it on 26th November. Seems far too soon after the AZ, so I was able to postpone it. I can do so multiple times up until April 2022.

There isn't much data, if any, on this rather embarrassing situation, but the people at BPK have a very responsive chat line and gave me what advice they could. They sent me a chart, and I found another from Bangkok Hospital regarding boosters up to and including a possible 4th shot. I hope the images aren't too big! I thought they might be of interest. Anyway, I've postponed until January 2022, and will continue to do so on a monthly basis until I feel ready.

If you want to take issue with what looks like a greedy foreigner stealing from locals, well you know, we should take it elsewhere.

4004403.jpg

Line-OA_จำนวนเข็ม-Moderna-Eng_new-scaled.webp

Edited by bradiston
Wrong hospital mentioned
  • Thanks 1

To put this all in context.

The smart folks, none of which reside here tell us, that a severe reaction to the shot means that our body is taking on board the protection of the vaccination.

So I'm hopeful that the fact that both my second and third shots took me down for a day gives me super human resistance to this cr**p

Age 54. Sinopharm on 26/8 and 11/10. 

Wasn't a concern at the time and just wanted to have a cert so I could travel without fear of harassment. Fast runs of at least 15k before each shot because I planned on a rest for a day or two after.  In both cases I felt zero affects and not even arm tenderness for the second shot and ran the evening after the shot,  I wore a heart rate monitor and my HR wasn't elevated which was a surprise.  My average daily heart rates were within 5 beats before and days after after the shot.  

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 1:45 AM, GinBoy2 said:

So I got my Pfizer booster on Sunday.

Exactly the same response as my second one.

Yesterday was an awful day, felt like cr**p. Body aches, headache like a freight train rolled over my head, body chills. My sore arm was horrible, but I also did a flu shot at the same time which probably made that worse.

It lasts a day so I'll live with it.

But I hope these new antiviral drugs work since if I'm honest I'd rather take my chances on getting sick and cure it than go through this vaccination day of Hell every year

Sounds like you got the uncut version of Pfizer, dont worry its working your immune system

• Like 1