Man arrested after running checkpoint, overturning car in 60km police chase

snoop1130

1622803928_1-org.jpg

The car came to rest upside down after breaking through a steel-cable barrier. Photo: Aroon Solos

PHUKET: Police have in custody a  51-year-old man from Trang who was arrested in an overturned car near Promthep Cape this morning (June 4) after 60-kilometre police chase that began at the Phuket Check Point in Tha Chatchai, where the man had refused to stop for officers while driving onto the island.

Chalong Police Chief Col Sarawut Chuprasit today gave the name of the driver as Parit Poldet, 51, originally from Trang. 

Col Sarawut explained that Chalong Police were first alerted to Parit fleeing police at about 8:30am after the car Parit was driving, a white Phuket-registered Suzuki Swift, hit and ran after slamming into the back of a black Honda Civic car making a U-turn on the Rawai beachfront road. 

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-arrested-after-running-checkpoint-overturning-car-in-60km-police-chase-80235.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-06-04

• Haha 1

From the picture, it looks like Khun Parit was aiming to be the first Thai submariner. He failed miserably. How are the Thai navy going to fare?

Edited by soi3eddie

I never run from police in the morning.  I wait until after lunch, after a few beers.

... I hate Honda Civics U-turning in the morning.  Who do they think they are? 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Me thinks the relative he stole the car from, ain't  gonna be too happy with him. Will he get the scary driving fine, what a plebe trying to escape a police chase. He gave no reason DUH ! stolen car, hit and run, being chased by the cops.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

The pursuers did not have access to the Immigration BMWs.

They only had 2 Yamaha N Max and a Izuzu truck in hot pursuit, I saw it as it passed me on the beach road 

1 hour ago, kimamey said:

I've never been to Phuket although the current quarantine rules might change that. Isn't an island a bit of a stupid place to try to outrun the police?

He did out run them for 60km where he ended up is where I live

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

He did out run them for 60km where he ended up is where I live

Is that where he suddenly realised there was nowhere else to go.  ????

Not a particularly bright thing to do.

1 hour ago, kimamey said:

Is that where he suddenly realised there was nowhere else to go.  ????

Not a particularly bright thing to do.

He was lucky if the car had rolled he could have ended up down the cliff into the sea

• Like 1