Mystery deaths on Koh Tao: Billionaire hotel and factory owners found dead in hotel pool

webfact

2 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Accident

Case closed...

I seriously can't believe people are still going to the Island of death.

You have many Farang dive shops that support this Mob , I’ve gotten into it numerous times , why no disclosure 

10 minutes ago, ALLSEEINGEYE said:

I would be interested to hear how deep this pool was. Was it even too deep to stand up in? It looks very small from the photo. Many pools are not more than 1.4 meters. 

9 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Most  Thai  pools  are as  shallow as............

I posted earlier that the water in the op photo is about 2m deep.

The pool tiles are 10x10cm and I count 20 rows.

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The police are too quick to say it was an accident.... real police would investigate

first THEN come to a conclusion. 

regards Worgeordie

Some posters are too quick to slag off the police before reading what the OP and the link actually stated about ongoing investigations!

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:
3 hours ago, Shuya said:

That pool looks so small, nearly impossible to drown. Maybe some sloppy electric work?

So you're able to establish the size (and the depth maybe?) of the pool from a photo showing one small section. How astute of you.

...not to mention his observation about the quality of the electrical work!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Totally absurd. Just ask around with the locals, read the news, do your research the RTP are amongst the most corrupt in the world. The only people that say other wise are those that work hand in glove with them in their underhand sidelines.

Or have only been here five minutes and still wearing the rose colored glasses.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It indicates  no one really calls it by that name. The nomenclature  is a media  construct created for purposes of sensationalisation. Non of the hundreds of thousands  of visitors  who love  the place call it that. That says it all!

You are quite right, that nickname has been generated by the ‘sensationalist British tabloids’... however, that does not mean their sensationalism is off track. There have been a number of questionable disappearances and deaths on Koh Tao over the years.

Koh Tao does have a reputation which precedes it. I advise anyone visiting Thailand to take extra caution if visiting the islands, particularly Koh Tao - it has a growing reputation which exists for reason which supersedes the media sensationalism. 

In this case: We have two very wealthy people who died in a very small swimming pool on an island with a highly questionable reputation for individual safety. Questions definitely need to be asked. 

This could be a simple coincidence and the deceased were electrocuted in the pool, in which case the cause must surely be known already and reported.

Or, it was a tragic accident although how two people drown in a small pool is highly suspicious. 

Or, something extremely nefarious has happened. 

Questions definitely need to be asked, it is deplorable that the police initially wrote off the incidence as an accident. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He thought it was most likely that one of the pair had got into trouble in the pool while the other went into help and was unable to do so with the result that both subsequently drowned. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The were billionaires. 

Drowning in a pool is possible...but two people at the same time...it's not one jumped into rough ocean surf to save someone who was drowning and drowned themselves. I would check who stands to benefit most and the key may be the last past. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

The problem I have is if they were from Phuket why were they not in Quarantine , my GF has just recently done her 14 days quarantine as she moved from Phuket RIP to the deceased 

Guess being dead they will not be to concerned about your problem ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Oh come on, if the comedy capper cops here can derive at a conclusion so quickly, it's only fair for us to do so equally so quickly, it just makes it more fun.

The thing is, the police haven't, it's only the (to use your words) "comedy caper" Thaivisa posters who are wrongly claiming that they have arrived at a final conclusion.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Did you read this - he found them - it may be wrong but indicates he just made phone calls to hospital and hotel staff.

He alerted the hotel staff and the hospital but when they were retrieved they were already dead. 

No, it does not indicate that, at all, no mention is made of his making phone calls.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Daily News and Google Translate have it as Indian ethnicity rather than Indonesian.  

How does it matter?  And, bearing in mind your "phone calls" claim, don't suggest "accuracy"!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

3 hours ago, thequietman said:

Check the bottom of the pool for a toaster!

Seriously, maybe electrical fault in pool lighting for example, and both electrocuted.

There better be an autopsy. ????

That could have been also the reason,

why the son did not immediately jump into the pool,

but instead called the hotel staff:

Enough experience with the work quality of Southeast-Asian “electricians” ????