Thailand reports 3,995 new COVID-19 cases, 42 more deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

11 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

1.  Stop inter-provincial traveling

2.  no tourists.  Thais only

3.  we need the VAX

If there are enough vaccines, we should be OK in a few months.

we are NOT in panic mode.   

Panic mode was a month ago 

no more beds, no more testing, lockdown the workers!

are they welding the doors like in China?

• Like 1

Just now, Ventenio said:

"We" means Thailand

EVERYDAY people are in panic mode!!!!  Everyday someone suffers, dies.......

I'm talking about the entire country.   We, everyone.

People are suffering right now in my city, yet my city is NOT in panic mode.

Happy about your city not being in Panic mode, different for those who have died waiting for a bed because of covid in Bangkok

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Happy about your city not being in Panic mode, different for those who have died waiting for a bed because of covid in Bangkok

and someone just died now waiting for an ambulance.

doesn't put the country in PANIC mode.

and another in Russia just died now because they didn't get the proper medication on time

and another just died in China because a doctor gave them the wrong medicine...

one day you will get it......   it's tragic, not panic.  

Edited by Ventenio
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi has announced the closure of Phongsak Market in Mueang Chonburi from 27 June - 10 July. Also, the following places are off limits from 8pm-4am: Bang Saen Beach, Wonnapha Beach, Laem Taen, and Khao Sam Muk Viewpoint #ThaiNewsReports #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1408957343635677187

Strange, those don’t seem to be construction or migrant worker camps. According to the op most cases come from those two places.

14 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

1.  Stop inter-provincial traveling

2.  no tourists.  Thais only

3.  we need the VAX

If there are enough vaccines, we should be OK in a few months.

we are NOT in panic mode.   

BP saying 2 fully vacced (SinoVac)people in Korat test postive to Delta variant. This is known as vaccine breakthrough.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Here is one cut and paste from national geographic. There are many studies regarding transmission rates for Mr Delta.

The Delta variant is 60 percent more transmissible than the Alpha variant—first identified in the U.K.—which in turn was about 50 percent more transmissible than the ancestral Wuhan strain. “It’s a super spreader variant, that is worrisome,” says Eric Topol, founder and director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute. It has features that enable escape from the immune system and is perhaps more evasive than the Beta variant (B.1.351) first identified in South Africa, which was the worst until now, says Topol. “Plus, it has the highest transmissibility of anything we've seen so far. It's a very bad combination.

Further on this, the only way to defeat this variant is not one shot but two.  You need to get both shots.  This is very different from the original strain indeed.  

At this rate Thailand will be open in over a year.  Vaccines are not flooding into the country at all.  Ten million doses a month is what's needed.  

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

BP saying 2 fully vacced (SinoVac)people in Korat test postive to Delta variant. This is known as vaccine breakthrough.

Of course it has. We have known all along that Sinovac is the totally useless cheap Charlie solution out of all of the vaccines. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It's important to understand even with two doses you can still get COVID.  Nobody is disputing this.  But chances are you will be just fine.  

• Like 1

Just now, Blumpie said:

It's important to understand even with two doses you can still get COVID.  Nobody is disputing this.  But chances are you will be just fine.  

Chances are also you might not and chances are you can still transmit the variant. This variant is very new so personally I would be careful about speculating on the consequences of vaccine breakthrough.

25 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

"We" means Thailand

EVERYDAY people are in panic mode!!!!  Everyday someone suffers, dies.......

I'm talking about the entire country.   We, everyone.

People are suffering right now in my city, yet my city is NOT in panic mode.

What's your point? Are you attempting to differentiate between anxiety and panic? 

50 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Tell that to those who can't get a hospital bed in Bangkok and are suffering serious effects from covid

@DanTheMan

I just chose this random post from Bkk Brian however there are so many similar where in my view you have very unusual interpretation of 'sad emote'. 

Edit: I meant @Danderman123

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agree completely.

On a lower level....would not use the word panic, however in relation to supply of vaccine, I have noticed that I've certainly become anxious. Previously felt that other vaccines would become available at a cost. 

Not so confident now. 

It was the driving factor in my getting the Astrazenica vaccine last week.  Still unsure what will arrive by years end but at least I have a little bit, well possibly, of some onboard help now.  Have to wait until the 16th of September for the second jab.  Feeling bad my GF has to go to one of the immigration centers for migrant workers to do her 90 day report this week here in Bangkok.  You would thing they would give them extensions like last year.

• Like 2

In the coming week I will probably decide whether to decamp (no pun intended) to California in July, and stay away for 6 months or a year. I have good reasons, and a place to stay. I believe the first step is to get a test to see if I am currently asymptomatic, as I assume that would preclude my flying for a while. This even though I had a first jab of AZ 5 days ago. Are the self tests mentioned above for real and any good? Or would anyone care to recommend a place in Bangkok? I just got started on this and do have lots of people to ask. Thanks.

Edited by Enzian

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:
1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Serious question. 

If they did want to ramp up testing, (I don't mean hospitals), I mean in the general population. Not clusters etc, but rather general random testing.....how is that actually done? 

Set up a testing station and rely on people turning up.? 

Yes. That's what other countries do. 

For example Los Angeles -

merlin_174609255_f0ae5581-ff5a-4e80-8e56-dbcdb7c22dbc-articleLarge.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

For example Los Angeles -

merlin_174609255_f0ae5581-ff5a-4e80-8e56-dbcdb7c22dbc-articleLarge.jpg

Is that a pic of people in queue for testing?

I drive past gas stations if there is a queue of 2 cars.

I wouldn't get in that line even if it was for a jab.

• Like 1