ASEANNOW.com - Thaivisa.com rebrands and expands beyond Thailand

webfact

Just now, PETERTHEEATER said:

There's  no 'theme' button adjacent to the Contact us on the page I am looking at.

They quickly removed the Theme dropdown which left no other option. If you use Chrome, there is a "Dark Mode" extension which works OK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TigerandDog said:

the problem isn't the people managing the site, it's the nutters that post their rubbish on here.

Careful!!!!!!  Lol....Lol.....Lol...

3 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Retired. Too lazy. What people mostly use there are very localized Facebook expat groups. Personally I detest Facebook and I can't be the only one. I know of a specific example there of one such local group where the controller of the group doesn't allow members on that have certain views on American politics that he doesn't like. It's the only game in town so those people are screwed. 

Just like on here then.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

If you click the “theme” drop down below at bottom of page next to the “contact us” you can change it back by selecting the other option. 

You even get some purple back!

I can't see any Theme drop down at bottom of page.

All i can see  is the "contact us" and above it a facebook logo. Nothing else.

7 hours ago, WineOh said:

Imagine Facebook suddenly changing their name to FaceBase or something like that, without any prior warning. They would lose millions of members in a single day and rightly so! 

I think its a very poor decision by whomever now owns this place and very disrespectful to its current members.

"Imagine Facebook suddenly changing their name to FaceBase or something like that, without any prior warning. They would lose millions of members in a single day and rightly so! "

Garbage.   Why would a change of name, and nothing else, cause that happen?

"I think its a very poor decision by whomever now owns this place and very disrespectful to its current members".

How is it "disrespectful", in any way, to the members who are only here for free entertainment and, ocassionally, free advice?    

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

They deleted themes, it was there this morning

This font is making my eyes ache. ????

Also emoticons don't seem to be working as I just tried to add an angry one.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

"Imagine Facebook suddenly changing their name to FaceBase or something like that, without any prior warning. They would lose millions of members in a single day and rightly so! "

Garbage.   Why would a change of name, and nothing else, cause that happen?

"I think its a very poor decision by whomever now owns this place and very disrespectful to its current members".

How is it "disrespectful", in any way, to the members who are only here for free entertainment and, ocassionally, free advice?    

Calm down, calm down..

I think you need to relax a bit, Lou.

You seem to take everything to heart!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You think? Then why do you read it? And have you never found any of the information on the site useful?

I read it because it's one of the many things I do throughout the day. Some of the content can be mildly amusing.

Do I spend hours and hours on here, making many thousands of posts. No. 

Do I care about a colour change and new logo. IDGAF.

It's the same old people talking about the same old stuff. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I can't see any Theme drop down at bottom of page.

All i can see  is the "contact us" and above it a facebook logo. Nothing else.

It was there earlier but seems to have disappeared....suspect somebody realised there can't be more than one corporate image.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Simply because it relies on the community to keep it going. 

The community gives the advice and entertainment, not the owners of the site, who seem solely focused on profits now. 

• Like 2