Thailand reports 5,916 new COVID-19 cases, 44 more deaths

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I wonder what the positivity rate is, and how many of the cases today are from walk-ins seeking help because they are ill.

According to the graphic Tall Guy posted it's just over 11% from which I calculated testing numbers of around 53,780 from todays case numbers.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

According to the graphic Tall Guy posted it's just over 11% from which I calculated testing numbers of around 53,780 from todays case numbers.

I did see that, but for some reason it didn't click on in my brain.  Lack of coffee after my 10Km jaunt around the park this early morning apparently.  Have a great day FFF.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I wonder how long before another variant shows up that makes Delta look like a walk in the park 

It's also possible for a variant to come along which is much less deadly than what we've seen. I believe that's how the previous SARS pandemic came to an end.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

The AZ vaccine is very effective if you can get it.

I believe its not as effective as the Moderna and Pfizer. It certainly is better then Shinovax. GF got Astra through her company. First shot done. 

I am waiting for Moderna, if i have to take something i prefer the best. Plus it would be hard for me to get astra anyway as im not old enough or in the Thai system.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-57214596

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Catastrophic, Delta taking over but no vaccine... 

why do you need vaccines, we the hi-so have been jabbed along with the pretend government members - so the rest of you sort out your own mess .........????????????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Dr. Yong Poovorawan, chief of the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology of the Faculty of Medicine at Chulalongkorn University, said the majority of new cases being found in Thailand are of the Delta variant.

Which might have just gone nationwide.

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Doctors think there is something to be very concerned about, government doesn't seem to. There is no logical or medical reason for these numbers to drop by October when Mr. Empty Head says Thailand will fully reopen.. Vaccines will not help as not enough people are vaccinated. For things to be under control numbers being mentioned are 70 - 80% of the population needs to be fully vaccinated. Thailand will now be number 65 on the covid-19 charts. In three months Thailand has jumped over 52 countries.  

Delta variant taking over with no vaccines that seems to be the ones that can have an affect.

This is going to get ugly very quickly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

<deleted>, I thought we'd passed the 1930s... 

Not in Thailand. Those that run it hark back to the 1830's or even the 1730's more like

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Dr Yong said he expects infections to increase.

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

he Government has decided that the rise in cases is an acceptable risk and is no reason to not delay in opening up

The dilemma the government is in resumes in the choice between an ongoing economy , or the general health situation of the main population ...

Thailand is simply too depending on foreign money to make it alone ... ( should have better listened to King Bhumibol . )

Not to have money is an existential threat to many Thai's except the richer ' Elite ' of course , and it is partly them who make the decision of what's going on ...

The money will probably win , the hospitals will fill up , not enough vaccine available , letting tourists in already ... imagine a serous outbreak of the Delta ( indian ) variant just as in India ... bye bye to all tourism for a long time ...

There , always are just a few possibilities .

One is that they get enough of a really reliable vaccine and speed up the vaccination process  to reach at least an ' immunity ' , or they simply will not be able to do that in time .

It quite looks as this will happen .

That means that it will become much more serious soon ...

COVID deaths update for the day:

30 deaths in Bangkok, 3 in Samut Prakan, two each in Nakhon Pathom and Yala, and one each in 7 other provinces.

24 males, 20 females

median age 66.5, age range 34 to 91

43 Thai nationals and 1 Myanmar national

184792604_2021-07-04Deaths.jpg.df382184140cf25c988e0c8b1321420b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/357489629202701