Phuket COVID alert at popular cafes

webfact

1625630542_1-org.jpg

The Chao Doi Coffee Shop located behind Phuket Rajabhat University has already been sanitised and reopened for business. Photo: Chao Doi PRU / Facebook

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket officials are urging patrons at two popular cafes to present themselves at their nearest government hospital or health centre if they are presenting any signs of COVID infections.

A notice posted online at 8:53pm last night (July 6) called for people who were at the popular cafes to, “Please isolate yourself from others, monitor your symptoms and report to the government hospital near your house or the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office #Urgent!!️”

The cafes identified as risk locations were the Lamai Cafe, located near the Premium Outlet Mall on the bypass road. Any persons there from 1pm to 5pm on June 29 or 10am to 5:30pm on June 30 to asked report themselves.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-covid-alert-at-popular-cafes-80590.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-07-07

• Haha 2

We were told that Phuket was Fully vaccinated with at least one jab. One jab of AZ 33% protection against Delta. One jab Sinovac against Delta. China wont say. I am guessing 10 to 15 % protection. Just ask the PM . OH he is in Quarantine in Phuket. You need 2 jabs of AZ or Sinovac to be fully vaccinated

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, club said:

We were told that Phuket was Fully vaccinated with at least one jab. One jab of AZ 33% protection against Delta. One jab Sinovac against Delta. China wont say. I am guessing 10 to 15 % protection. Just ask the PM . OH he is in Quarantine in Phuket. You need 2 jabs of AZ or Sinovac to be fully vaccinated

According to "the other newspaper" the PM is actually self isolating at home in BKK. Try a little research before you post.

You could have found it here https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-07-05/thai-premier-self-isolates-at-home-after-covid-19-case-exposure#:~:text=Thailand's Prime Minister Prayuth Chan,Phuket to vaccinated foreign tourists.

or here https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2021/07/4d78fbcc2cf3-thai-pm-self-isolates-after-close-contact-with-covid-19-patient.html

or here     https://www.nst.com.my/world/region/2021/07/705545/thai-pm-self-isolation-after-launching-phuket-sandbox-scheme

and quite a few more places as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

Try and have a little humor. I was kidding

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

A fully-vaccinated tourist has tested positive. He is in hospital and the rest of his group are in quarantine.

Is he Russian ? I trust their Sputnik as much as I do  Sinovac

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

Petri Phuket ! Fingers crossed for you ! You are the light to social  post covid normalcy ! My thoughts

are with you ! I long for the days of travel to the beaches of the south ,unrestricted !

18 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

555 the Dettol sprayer guy is there, the <deleted>box experiment is saved! Thank you Dettol guy!

Dettol is way too expensive. I've been in one place after these ridiculous useless and ignorant spray sessions and it smelled like deodorant for bathrooms. 

2 hours ago, club said:

and that doesn't mean much as now a newer variant has popped up and none of the jabs work... wake up folks

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eeworldwide said:

It's all just a big waste of time. You can't outwit covid.

Lets just get on with life and stop all this fannying about.

I thought that's what they wanted to get going again?

8 hours ago, club said:

Thailand government told tourist they would need 2 jabs of approved Vaccines except for J&J and AZ. J&J is a one jab vaccine. One jab of AZ is only 33% protection against the Delta Variant. 2 jabs of AZ is 90%+ . Besides that you still have over 100,000 locals in Phuket with one jab only. Thailand was in such a hurry about this sandbox, they didn't seem to care if people had only 33% protection. Greed over lives

They haven't been in a hurry with the sandbox, as tourists arent's a big risk coz they are tested and isolated, if positive. But they have been freaking f****g late with the vaccines.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

wait until the new variant from Peru shows up, then it will be a tsunami

urgent mass vaccination is the only option here,

I suspect Thai government don't want to pay for it

Or maybe the 'healthy foreign exchange surplus' has caught Wuflu?

On 7/7/2021 at 2:21 PM, GrandPapillon said:

well that was all unexpected LOL

The penny just dropped on your username. "Big Butterfly" I think several hundred ASEAN readers will be suing for copyright soon. 555 nicely played there.

On 7/7/2021 at 3:20 PM, GrandPapillon said:

wait until the new variant from Peru shows up, then it will be a tsunami

Too bad WHO didn't use the phonetic alphabet, they could have dubbed it the "Lima" variant.