Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

8 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Well really not the time to open for tourism. The borders should be strictly controlled and every effort made to obtain more vaccines 

Sadly borders not any more issue here! Dosent matter even they open all! So much virus in Thailand already! If coming people go in ASQ they are more safe there than in other place in Thailand! And ASQ people are most tested people also!

Edited by 2 is 1

30 minutes ago, rott said:

It would be good to see it happen but no reason why it should. People came here of their own free will so why should their governments carry the burden. 

“The ultimate aim of government is not to rule or restrain by fear, nor to exact obedience, but contrariwise, to free every man from fear, that he may live in all possible security; in other words, to strengthen his natural right to exist and work without injury to himself or others.........unless he moves abroad?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Well it certainly seems to be the case in the UK.

You trust the information that comes out of the British governments? 

Usually, private organization and private  research eventually give us a better picture. Just takes time.

• Confused 1

Just now, aBigSmile said:

You trust the information that comes out of the British governments? 

Usually, private organization and private  research eventually give us a better picture. Just takes time.

Well, until something else comes along, have to make do with it.....

1 hour ago, rabas said:

What makes you think it can't also learn to bypass human immunity?  Of course it can. It's been shown that stronger vaccines can produce a better immune response than natural immunity.

So all you accomplish is more spread, more mutations, and more death. That's one reason Russian and Chinese disinformation like this idea. Yes, there is a link:

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/russia-china-sow-disinformation-undermine-trust-western-vaccines-eu-report-says-2021-04-28/

Fallacy. Your T-cells can handle virus variations that exceed 20% of the original strain genetic make-up. A vaccine is not capable of such feat.   

As for number of deaths e.t.c., it’s so minuscule that last year failed to register any excess death compared to 2019. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not "fully" vaccinated. The 70%+ figure for Phuket was 1 shot, last time I saw province specific data. The 2 shot figure was something under 60%.

And that is if the numbers are to be believed.

9 minutes ago, aBigSmile said:

Sure. But it's worth taking heed that in Israel most cases are doubly-jabbed and likewise the number fo deaths.

Yesterday, Israel 134 new cases and 2 new deaths, most cases is not significant.

There’s also a re-adjustment of the rollout of #COVID19 vaccines with a bigger emphasis on Bangkok and surrounding provinces with 80% to be allocated to people senior residents and people with pre-existing conditions.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413431670334582784

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

There’s also a re-adjustment of the rollout of #COVID19 vaccines with a bigger emphasis on Bangkok and surrounding provinces with 80% to be allocated to people senior residents and people with pre-existing conditions.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413431670334582784

Gees if someone is living with 6 underlying conditions they miss out!

7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

There's a reality check twitter thread here from a foreign doctor and his family, including children + nanny etc in Thailand with his experience of the group catching covid, one died and the father and 2 and a half year old son both in serious condition in hospital. 

This is sobering reading and well worth the effort and yes young children can suffer seriously with the virus, I would paste it hear but it is too long, here's the first couple of tweets then you need to follow the thread:

https://twitter.com/IntegralAnswers/status/1412644275980963841

1) My family’s experience with COVID in Thailand. On May 30th, a part time helper, employed by us to help with laundry, cleaning and most importantly caring for my 2 1/2 year old son and 10 year old daughter came to our home. When I returned home from work, she appeared ill.

2) I’m a physician. I immediately sent her to hospital for testing. Transferred money for her care. 3 days later (Jun 2) my 2 1/2 year old wakes complaining “My mouth hurts, Daddy.” He is hot to touch. Temp is 38.2C. Take family to hospital for tests. No word about helper yet.

I read your link. Seems that you missed the crucial information that this doctor wrote. He went on to say:

4) Upon admission, X-rays confirm my son has pneumonia.

5) Daughter (2 neg tests) isolates with extended family. X-rays confirm I have pneumonia.

Yes, pneumonia affects young children. Covid only in very rare cases. I had pneumonia as a child. Was three weeks in hospital.

My sister had pneumonia last year and nearly died. She was intubated. The hospital (in the UK) tested her four times during her stay trying to diagnose Covid, but no, it was definitely pneumonia.

Thailand had an average 122 deaths a DAY from flu and pneumonia in 2018. We are still quite a long way off reaching that statistic with Covid. Both pneumonia and Covid are contagious and deadly, but they are not the same.

• Confused 1

2 is 1(is that like 7 of 9?).  Under $4,000  a month seemed rather low even for the PM of Thailand.  Just a simple question and to offer a comparison to an average former American Public Servant who achieved a low rank while in his past service.  The End.  

25 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Starting Monday for Bangkok and 5 adjoining provinces:

Screenshot_17.jpg.d514e756272115a29c2bce70e9e012b5.jpg

Screenshot_22.jpg.ef64edccfef077ede716f8fa5f98caf3.jpg

Screenshot of televised government news briefing

I look at the exceptions for inside shopping centres and i'm struggling to think of anything else. The list of exceptions is pretty much what's inside shopping centres.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I look at the exceptions for inside shopping centres and i'm struggling to think of anything else. The list of exceptions is pretty much what's inside shopping centres.

Impacting department stores and regular retail stores with the exception of those specifically listed, AFAIK....

5 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

And in Pattaya they definitely sure they open for the tourist at the end of this month. LOL

Pattaya plans to open for international tourism in October subject to ?

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yesterday, Israel 134 new cases and 2 new deaths, most cases is not significant.

Since exact figures seem important to you, I’ll put you on the right track:

450 new patients in the last 24 hours. 93 new patients identified between midnight and 9AM.

Indeed, 2 victims. One fully vaccinated, the other not. 

BTW, quite a few cases of vaccine-related deaths that go unreported.