Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In Phuket last year when we had a hard lockdown then no, there was no need to do the 90 day report, whether that will be the case in Bangkok?

Some how don't think so. Immigration is far less crowded now than previous lockdown.

Would be surprised if imm suspends requirement for 90 day report.

Phuket domestic travel restrictions for Thais and foreigners residing in Thailand to be effective from July 11, 2021

Phuket province has implemented new entry regulations, where anyone entering the province must either carry a negative COVID-19 test certificate, be fully vaccinated or have received at least one dose of AstraZeneca vaccine at least 14 days prior to arrival.

People who are not fully vaccinated are required to present a negative RT-PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test certificate with the test conducted no more than 7 days prior to arrival.

More:

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158134473462050

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think that should be the "Bangkok hospitals are full" crowd?So do you have a breakdown of where the admissions and discharges occurred?With many infections occurring outside of Bangkok that would mean many admissions would be occurring outside of Bangkok.

Looks like the “hospitals have thousands of beds available” crowd, looked around and wondered why they were standing alone, so time to try and get some people revved up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In Phuket last year when we had a hard lockdown then no, there was no need to do the 90 day report, whether that will be the case in Bangkok?

Many of the sensible measures related to immigration that were applied last year (visa amnesty etc) have not even been mentioned this time around.   I would not be surprised in the slightest if the geniuses in charge decide to reduce the hours that immigration are open instead of reducing the reasons for people to go there.   Reducing opening hours of things seems to be a "go to" tactic over here, even though a 5 year old would be able to work out that when you do that more people will end up being in the same spaces at the same time.   

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I think that should be the "Bangkok hospitals are full" crowd?So do you have a breakdown of where the admissions and discharges occurred?With many infections occurring outside of Bangkok that would mean many admissions would be occurring outside of Bangkok.

Kalasin hospital full. Cant quite remember but 3 days ago infection numbers in the 20's, yesterday 45 and today 65. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Daily briefing of Covid-19 in English: July 11th, 2021 by CCSA Thailand

It would not surprise me one iota to find that the statistics had been "manufactured" to suit a purpose of not achieving the 10,000 recorded infections, as that has been the norm for Thailand for as long as I have been here.

I wouldn't trust anyone of these clowns, as far as I could throw them and it would seem that to getting one of these positions you needed to be mathematically inept, thick, dumb, plain stupid or a pathological liar, or of course they could be just hopeless at what they do, but surely nobody is that stupid??

Instead of land of smiles, this place should be called "Land of Lies".

Absolutely fed up to the back teeth with the rubbish which I encounter on a daily basis here – – yes and before anyone chimes in with that well worn and ignorant phrase, "why don't you go home then"; I am making enquiries right now as to how I can get "home", even if it means leaving my adopted Thai daughter behind here; I'm that serious about it.

There is only one way for Thailand & Asia like the West to stop the rising deaths by Delta Variant of its peoples is to double jab with leading vaccines. 1 Pfizer ( FT Saturday says around 96% preventive of deaths) 2. AstraZenica ( FT 92% preventive of d eaths). . These are not transmission  figures as vaccinated people in West are getting symptoms of this variant but they are not pouring into hospitals like before. Isreal have brought back mask wearing despite its highest vaccinated rate on planet. The head of Pfizer UK told Sky Saturday - he would contimue wearing mask in busy places.

Thailand will not get back to normal until these vaccines are used. Moderna good too but less evidence available on Delta Variant 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I see Phuket is only counting 9 cases instead of 11. The two children who tested positive yesterday are presumably being excluded. Seems a number massaging exercise to me.

I haven’t read that they DIDNT catch it in Phuket, which would make theirs community cases rather than imported. And they were in Phuket for 6/7 days before testing positive and weren’t in quarantine. But now their cases are erased from the record.

of course, this assumes the anomaly between yesterday’s Announcement of 11 cases and today’s recorded figure of 9 cases is due to the two children.

And furthermore, I'm surprised at this late stage that there have been no news reports only the tweets of yesterday.
Possibly all hush-hush.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, peter48 said:

Thailand will not get back to normal until these vaccines are used. Moderna good too but less evidence available on Delta Variant

What's the point of post. Your stating the obvious. 

Now where are these vaccines you refer to coming from and when. 

That is the issue.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Phuket domestic travel restrictions for Thais and foreigners residing in Thailand to be effective from July 11, 2021

Phuket province has implemented new entry regulations, where anyone entering the province must either carry a negative COVID-19 test certificate, be fully vaccinated or have received at least one dose of AstraZeneca vaccine at least 14 days prior to arrival.

People who are not fully vaccinated are required to present a negative RT-PCR or Antigen COVID-19 test certificate with the test conducted no more than 7 days prior to arrival.

More:

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158134473462050

I’m not sure if I previously misunderstood, but these look like the entry requirements that have been in place since before the box started.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

9,500 is nowhere near the real number...even every otherwise uninterested Thai I know is aware that the real number is much higher.

On a side noted I saw today a video post on Facebook of a large gym in Pattaya...the gym was packed and not a single person was wearing a mask. Wonder if steroids protects from Covid?

We only need to look to Indonesia to see what happens next for Thailand.

And opening Phuket on the back of lies and deception is criminal...literally. 

Open Phuket to whom ??

1) Those Sand Box Tourist Fully Vaccinated with PCR Test 72 Hours before Boarding , PCR test at arrival and PCR Test after 5 Days ??

2) Or to Thais who can fly from Bangkok to Phuket with a 7 day old PCR test and no vaccinations??

Please explain the logic to this and wich of the two cases is possibly carring infections??

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, damian said:

I am bewildered as to why they are doing this lottery style registration. This morning they said they had over 2mil people trying to use the website yesterday and sorry for the delays. To a businessman that means $ are there to be made so why not make it easier to register and leave the system on 24/7 so a) it doesnt overload the website and b) you will get a good idea of how much vaccine to order. Mrs D believes they are being instructed by others she also said they were being prevented from advertising on TV.

Anyway at the moment its like trying to get through to the radio station to get your favourite top 40 song played - except we had to do that by dial phone.  

I have been saying this for weeks, it's as though no one is listening, the major private hospitals in Pattaya have opened & then closed within a short period of time with a couple of hundred names on the list, I was in Bangkok Pattaya hospital on Thursday 8 July for dental work, on the way out I posed that question to a young lady who was sitting behind a sign telling people that the list was closed.

I asked her if they the hospital had to order from the GPO, she confirmed that they did, so I then asked her why the list was closed with only a couple of hundred people on the list ? And how would the GPO know how many people wanted to pay for the vaccine, she replied " I don't know "

Sorry rant over. ???? 

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

What's the point of post. Your stating the obvious. 

Now where are these vaccines you refer to coming from and when. 

There in is the issue.

Exactly I am stating the obvious solution coming from countries like UK, USA, Canada France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc., who are massively vaccinating all their adults and some teens. recall these countries like UK have had some of the highest deaths on earth despite some of the most advanced health care systems ( UK NHS has been somewhat underfunded since Tories got power 2010-2021 & has higher regional inequality than EU states etc).

Until these vaccines are used there is little hope in reducing deaths 

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Thinking this through, no one with mild symptoms should be tested. If you have mild symptoms, just isolate at home, same as if you had the flu. 

Unless you want to sleep on a cardboard box. 

Hence reason for testing. You may just have the flu, or a common cold, a random virus, or just general "bug". If it's not covid you have, you know you are not a high risk to others who may be vulnerable and your family members. 

1 minute ago, peter48 said:

Until these vaccines are used there is little hope in reducing deaths 

So again where do you suggest the vaccines come from.

No Magician Hat handy.

Things might be more feasible if government involves private enterprise, however doubt that's in their mantra.

8 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Not sure how much this is happening in Bangkok but 2 of my wife's friends have been diagnosed with covid in Bangkok, asked to go to their home province and told ok but go straight to your local hospital there.

I should add that this is exactly what they did and seem to be getting excellent care.

Seems a good way to infect others. Did they actually need any care?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

@ThailandRyanMy office is accessed by a separate entrance/lift, so we can continue working.  However, it seems that the entire 6th and 7th floors of Centralworld will be open anyway, as the supermarket, food-court and restaurants do not have to close (obviously takeaway only).  I've also read that banks and mobile phone stores do not have to close so it could mean that the whole mall is open, but just all stores except those allowed to open, are closed.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Its really good that mobile stores can stay open! Its what people need these hard times, go to buy new phone whit friends!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Its really good that mobile stores can stay open! Its what people need these hard times, go to buy new phone whit friends!

You are correct...BUT....the ability to get a new phone, or yours repaired MIGHT be a lifesaver. Very few people I know in Thailand have landlines so a mobile might be their only form of communication rather than just a fashion accessory.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chang1 said:

Why is this important?

The vaccines don't stop you getting covid19. They greatly reduce its effects and chance of dying. They also reduce the risk of infecting others.

News?

Perhaps news to reinforce the message that one dose of vaccine be that AZ as in this case or Sinovac is not enough to ward of the delta virus. News also relevant to the Phuket entry requirements that having one dose of AZ allows you to enter and yet we see here that this should probably be re visited?

News also that the The Nation have also picked up this story. https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003095

If you find none of that important then thats your opinion, thanks so much for sharing, you're not alone there have been another couple of posters that also failed to see the significance. Not everyone shares the value of repeated health alerts and warnings I get it.

• Like 1