Thailand reports 9,317 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Only a few days ago you explicitly stated that you had already had Covid. But in the same post said that you had never been tested. When challenged how you could know it was Covid and not flu since you hadn’t been tested, you stayed quiet.

Yes indeed. Also these were words used re obtaining vaccination. 

"i assumed at the outset that the government effort would be pathetic, so I got off my ass and flew back to the US to get vaccinated"

See it's easy if you want to be vaccinated ..........just get off your ass and fly to the US.

Condescending at best.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

The number of people in ICU and on VENTILATORS continues to rise every day:

6 July: 2,350/643

7 July: 2,496/676

8 July: 2,564/698

9 July: 2,685/701

10 July: 2,738/717

11 July: 2,783/728

12 July: 2,895/747

13 July: 3,042/794

14 July: 3,201/828 <— Today

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1415182864736419844

Many has worried hospital bed for people , which dont have enough! Im much more worried ICU and VENTILATORS capacity! How many people need place in ICU where dont have space to them!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Is anyone able to find a list of high, medium and low risk countries by Thailand DDC as at 1st July?

the list is updated on 1st and 16th of each month. I have been trying to find the one updated as at 1st July, but can’t find it via google. There is a link on the Thailand DDC website, but it just takes me to a WHO site that gives an overall weekly update on Covid. Nothing to do with Thailand at all.

A google search of Thailand ddc high, medium, low risk Covid countries, reveals several tour operator sites that have the list as at 16th June. But not 1st July.

am I looking in the wrong place?

Have also done a search and the last update I can find is on 24/25 June

Here we are but all in the Thai language:
https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/การจัดกลุ่มประเทศด้านการแพทย์และสาธารณสุข 1 พค 64.pdf

Edited by anchadian

8 minutes ago, rumak said:

Ain't no "maybe" about it.    I know who the real covidiots are ......... the billions of people who live 

every day of their lives disregarding all the experts who have been saying for decades what a healthy lifestyle/ diet should encompass.    The BIG picture .   But no,  money rules this stupid ( ah, feels sooo good to use that word) .... this stupid world that is bombarded with ads for coca cola and pop tarts (new and delicious, vitamin d fortified !)  and of course the family pack ;  286 pieces of golden fried 33% less unsaturated fats antibiotic fed chicken .   With fries  !

"No worries mate.   I take my statins and blood pressure meds and anti depressants and insulin daily.  Feel great ! "      

OK........ don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.   I am tooooootaly  pro vax .   Even though i am also toooootaly healthy without any meds.

And I do agree, just wish I had not become a victim of needing that insulin and other meds due to a surgical procedure because of injuries sustained and which ended up making me a Diabetic.  We can not always be healthy even if through no fault of our own. Stay safe @rumak

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

A nosebleed is “news” now?

ah, I see, it was a tourist. One of the endangered species with whom utmost care must be taken.

High blood pressure after Astra Zeneca vaccination 

9 minutes ago, rumak said:

Ain't no "maybe" about it.    I know who the real covidiots are ......... the billions of people who live 

every day of their lives disregarding all the experts who have been saying for decades what a healthy lifestyle/ diet should encompass.    The BIG picture .   But no,  money rules this stupid ( ah, feels sooo good to use that word) .... this stupid world that is bombarded with ads for coca cola and pop tarts (new and delicious, vitamin d fortified !)  and of course the family pack ;  286 pieces of golden fried 33% less unsaturated fats antibiotic fed chicken .   With fries  !

"No worries mate.   I take my statins and blood pressure meds and anti depressants and insulin daily.  Feel great ! "      

OK........ don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.   I am tooooootaly  pro vax .   Even though i am also toooootaly healthy without any meds.

I can easily follow what you say.

what I am having trouble with, is relating it to the OP, which, to paraphrase, stated that people with a particular point of view are prevented from expressing it, or “deplatformed”.

I guess I just can’t make the mental leap from deplatformed, to diet. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

In the Thai language:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/uploads/ckeditor2//files/การจัดกลุ่มประเทศด้านการแพทย์และสาธารณสุข 1 พค 64.pdf

Edited by anchadian

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Ok, so not just me then.

the thing is, I saw the updated one for 1st July on the day it was issued. UK, France and Spain moved from medium to high risk. The next day the list was gone and I have never been able to find it again. I’m assuming it’s a sandbox thing and the list was suppressed, because those countries might send tourists to Phuket. 

an updated list should  be available on 16th July and since Covid cases in the UK have done nothing but go up in July, I’m interested to see what happens this time.

1 hour ago, johng said:

Maybe because their "point of view"  does not follow a prescribed

narrative which is not allowed to be aired ?

ie: they have been "de-platformed"

Id say more that people are getting annoyed with the deniers who flat out deny science and by spreading their pseudo science.

They did the same with Trump too much lies so he was kicked of twitter. So people are starting to get fed up with the so called anti vaxers. I sure as hell do.

You got people keep saying that the vaccines change DNA (they don't) you can give scientific proof but they keep posting their lies.

Maybe if they stick to real science they will have a platform again. But that means having to change their opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, wensiensheng said:

Ok, so not just me then.

the thing is, I saw the updated one for 1st July on the day it was issued. UK, France and Spain moved from medium to high risk. The next day the list was gone and I have never been able to find it again. I’m assuming it’s a sandbox thing and the list was suppressed, because those countries might send tourists to Phuket. 

an updated list should  be available on 16th July and since Covid cases in the UK have done nothing but go up in July, I’m interested to see what happens this time.

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

"i assumed at the outset that the government effort would be pathetic, so I got off my ass and flew back to the US to get vaccinated"

See it's easy if you want to be vaccinated ..........just get off your ass and fly to the US.

Condescending at best.

Not every foreigner living in Thailand can get of there backside and fly to the USA to obtain a vaccine . Please be realistic in your statements.

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Okie, so that is for 1st July. UK and Spain shows as medium risk, but France as high risk.

it’s different from what i saw on 1st July and which bkk Brian and I exchanged messages on.

but there we go, it is what it is and UK is medium risk.

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Condescending at best.

Or good advice for an expat at risk from Covid 

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

And I do agree, just wish I had not become a victim of needing that insulin and other meds due to a surgical procedure because of injuries sustained and which ended up making me a Diabetic.  We can not always be healthy even if through no fault of our own. Stay safe @rumak

Sorry to hear that .   You and I are on opposite sides of the vax narrative,  but we deal with each other

in a respectful manner.   In fact,  i certainly don't aim to persuade others to take or not take the "jab".

I and some others simply believe it is a personal decision ,  and try tried to present our thoughts , but we're not allowed to.     

I have always focused on the hypocrisy which i find so prevalent in so many areas.  As far as health,

WOW,  that industry is in the top 3 of my list.     ( much more than a few words needed to elaborate, and I am deleted for talking about it)

I have been misdiagnosed a number of times and thankfully have used my own judgement and readings to make decisions that saved me.   I was also once "saved"  by a newly developed drug, so

for that I thank the extremely rich industry ( i had to buy it in India to afford it though !)

If i knew you personally i would try to work out if there was any other way for you to overcome your condition.    never know..... and i am sure you would if you could.  

Best,   Rumak

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, itsari said:

Not every foreigner living in Thailand can get of there backside and fly to the USA to obtain a vaccine . Please be realistic in your statements.

Any foreigner who can should go elsewhere to get vaccinated unless they are confident about getting a decent vaccine in Thailand. 

We have a few thousand posts here about how bad this epidemic is going to be, but few posts from the same people on how they are going to survive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Any foreigner who can should go elsewhere to get vaccinated unless they are confident about getting a decent vaccine in Thailand. 

We have a few thousand posts here about how bad this epidemic is going to be, but few posts from the same people on how they are going to survive. 

My plan to survive  is to stay at home and go out only when necessary . If that is effective only time will tell . 

Thank you for your reply .

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

There is no evidence that the virus leaked from the lab.What is the other alternative of the virus getting out of the lab for which there is also no evidence?Where is the virus mutating?Is there evidence the virus is mutating outside of the lab?Possibilities are seemingly endless.

Ok let me respond. The head of the WHO team sent in to investigate the Wuhan/CCP/sars-cov-2 virus was involved with gain of function at the Wuhan Lab and has now been recused from the committee invesigating the possibility of a leak due to conflict of interest. That's one. 2: Where is the virus mutating? You must be joking. 

37 minutes ago, rumak said:

I certainly don't deny that living a healthy life is important. I do my best to stay in shape and eat healthy. However I doubt it will give me protection against covid. You can test it yourself go visit some people with the Delta variant and see how that goes.

But I 100% agree that a lot of people are taking medicine without going after the underlying problem. My dad is on statins but that is because he has hereditary high cholesterol (i don't luckily). My brother is a diabetic and is eating less carbs. Unfortunately that alone is not enough. He got some other diseases to contracted after an accident. Big garbage truck drove over his leg while he was working at a festival making sure the electricity went up.  You can't always do without medicine.

But yea all that unhealthy food is always taking a toll on people but if you for one moment believe that your healthy lifestyle protects you just test it get in close contact with a covid patient who has delta share the same drink and lets see if your right. I for one would not take that risk even though I eat healthy and exercise. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Indeed. For a start I will definitely not go to Central Mall everyday. Crowded shopping malls are an obvious Covid breeding ground. Even if I had been double jabbed with Moderna and already had Covid, I would not go to a shopping mall.

Today there are 87 deaths in #Thailand

44 males & 43 females

4 foreigners died

Median age is 71 (24-104 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (55), Pathum Thani (6), Yala (5), Narathiwat (4) and Pattanai (3)

42 died in less than 6 days of diagnosis

2 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1415185983000092673

Nationality breakdown of new fatalities from MoPH is:

83 Thai, 2 Myanmar, 1 each China and Laos

Screenshot_15.jpg.cba11fd53a94aabaf7175b5b6f8e358f.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/364574408494223

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, itsari said:

You have done this before. 

I was quoting another poster. It was his words about obtaining vaccination from his home country.

Not my comments.

In fact the opposite.

I'm actually Oz. I couldn't even fly home for vaccination and return. 

• Like 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

You have done this before. 

I was quoting another poster. It was his words about obtaining vaccination from his home country.

Not my comments.

In fact the opposite.

I'm actually Oz. I couldn't even fly home for vaccination and return. 

OK, I am sorry 

46 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I can easily follow what you say.

what I am having trouble with, is relating it to the OP, which, to paraphrase, stated that people with a particular point of view are prevented from expressing it, or “deplatformed”.

I guess I just can’t make the mental leap from deplatformed, to diet. 

I do believe "deplatformed" was his way of saying censored.  deleted.  and more !   I really prefer my one line whimsical posts , as i like humor more than debate.     

The "deplatform" referring to expressing certain not allowed opinions about covid let me into the area of diet as IMO....... it is so ridiculous to read such fervor about "protecting oneself"   from an audience which i believe , based on the recent super poll of 963 white males who looked like TV members,   72.4 % of them were not the picture of fitness that i would call healthy.   

The analogy of washing and waxing a car endlessly........ but never changing the oil comes to mind

sorry,  another leap maybe ?   hope i am not going to be "deplatformed"

Edited by rumak
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

There is zero evidence that the virus was engineered. In fact, there are bats flying around Thailand with an almost identical virus.

I think you'll find that minds greater than ours and who have been involved with gain of function will disagree with you. Why is there zero evidence? For more than a year the CCP made sure there wasn't before they let in a WHO team led by a person directly involved with the Wuhan Lab and gain of function research. Why not let experts in straight away and why not tell the world as soon as the knew? To cover it up. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1

Today there are 87 deaths in #Thailand

44 males & 43 females

4 foreigners died

Median age is 71 (24-104 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (55), Pathum Thani (6), Yala (5), Narathiwat (4) and Pattanai (3)

42 died in less than 6 days of diagnosis

2 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1415185983000092673

What nationality were the foreigners? This I would like to know. Were they perhaps from Myanmar? I doubt it.

FDA warns rare autoimmune disorder linked to Johnson & Johnson vaccine

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a new warning for the Covid-19 vaccine Johnson & Johnson this week, prompting more concern about the controversial one-shot vaccine.

The FDA linked the vaccine to a serious but rare extreme side effect called Guillain-Barré syndrome, in which the immune system attacks the nerves.

About 100 cases of the  Guillain-Barré syndrome have been reported after at least 12.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine have been administered in the United States, according to a statement by the country’s Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29798/fda-warns-rare-autoimmune-disorder-linked-to-johnson-johnson-vaccine/

• Like 1