Phuket officials, tourism leaders talk up Sandbox success

webfact

22 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Yesterday the sun finally came out after three days of rain and it had the crowds of tourists flocking to Nai Harn beach.

to be fair, this photo was taken just before midday, so maybe they were all spending millions of baht in restaurants or something

A18371AB-12C5-44DC-9BEE-5C260FF1FC16.jpeg

Wow the place is jumping.  The locals and businesses will be wrapped they are working again. 

• Haha 1

I really haven't been following the phuket sandbox saga. Maybe someone can clarify my observations.

So the phuket locals were vaccinated, likely with sinovac out of China, maybe with AZ. Now we all know the Chinese vaccine is ineffective against the delta variant which is now dominant. All it is going to take is one person with the delta variant to get into phuket to kick this disaster off and necessitate the shutting down of the sandbox. That shouldn't take long.

Anything wrong with my assessment? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I dont know about you guys but that photo looks old to me, 

They should have used some photos showing young Thai lasses in a skimpy bikinis, that would have got a thousands more would be tourists to the island...

Just now, ezzra said:

They should have used some photos showing young Thai lasses in a skimpy bikinis, that would have got a thousands more would be tourists to the island...

They've all gone home

• Like 1

“We estimate that the average expenditure to be about B40,000 per day per person,” she said.

They must have calculated the Phuket mafia scams into that budget...555

One incident with the jet ski boys will cost you that + more in one day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I dont know about you guys but that photo looks old to me, 

I think you are right as none of them are wearing masks!  I believe that this is still a requirement in Phuket, unless they have declared UDI! ????

4 minutes ago, grandpa said:

I think you are right as none of them are wearing masks!  I believe that this is still a requirement in Phuket, unless they have declared UDI! ????

Technically, I think you are right about mask wearing being required on the beach. But I have to say, very few people wear masks on the beach, I mean, like 1%.

Of course, there aren’t many people 5555.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Yesterday the sun finally came out after three days of rain and it had the crowds of tourists flocking to Nai Harn beach.

to be fair, this photo was taken just before midday, so maybe they were all spending millions of baht in restaurants or something

A18371AB-12C5-44DC-9BEE-5C260FF1FC16.jpeg

Agreed, but also to be fair, your photo is of a different beach! As for Patong, having passed by the last few days, it is nice to see a few people there.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

So theres where I parked my motobike when i visited in 2008!!!! dangit

Actually, it’s not true that a pandemic caused most businesses to close. It’s just that they are about to start filming a new zombie apocalypse movie 555

18 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

wow  all in need is one 24 hr 7-11 and Im good......keep those pics coming!

The beaches didn’t look so good a few days ago before the wind changed direction.

there is one family mart open in Kata atm. The rest of the convenience stores are closed afaik.

48D3DA98-8122-4D5E-AA7E-CBE258C945F7.jpeg

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

I really haven't been following the phuket sandbox saga. Maybe someone can clarify my observations.

So the phuket locals were vaccinated, likely with sinovac out of China, maybe with AZ. Now we all know the Chinese vaccine is ineffective against the delta variant which is now dominant. All it is going to take is one person with the delta variant to get into phuket to kick this disaster off and necessitate the shutting down of the sandbox. That shouldn't take long.

Anything wrong with my assessment? 

Aslo, domestic tourists can enter after a single dose of AZ, which is virtually useless against Delta.

• Sad 1