Thailand reports 14,260 new COVID-19 cases, 119 more deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Because Frontline health careworkers are in far more peril than most and are far more likely to be in a position to transmit the virus to their patients. 

Guess again. Sinovac poor against Delta.

The bigger concern is if/when Thai stop accepting Sinovac. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Are they the same ones that will now receive a booster (mNRA)  for their Sinovac jabs.

The same mix that the WHO warned that it lacked data, evidence and studies. Propagated by government virologist Dr Voon and never been recommended by any other countries. Yes that same mix like you said. 

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But this is for next year. I asked if it's better not to use the Chinese vaccines and wait until a more effective option comes along.

Yes that’s how it works you place an order for next year. And of course if production ramps up in places like in SK as they are reporting, you’ll get product faster.

no point to repeat what has been repeated so many times already re: C vacs.

Edited by ABCbangkok

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Guess again. Sinovac poor against Delta.

The bigger concern is if/when Thai stop accepting Sinovac. 

Already happening. Yesterday a couple of wife's friends were in a queue for AZ only to be told they would be getting Sinovac as AZ had run out. They said no thanks and went home as did others in the queue.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Misty said:

From those charts, it looks like the lockdowns initiated in June were effective

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/chile-shuts-capital-santiago-once-more-vaccines-fail-quell-rampant-cases-2021-06-10/

Yes. Some people fall for false correlations. (To clarify, I agree the lockdowns work; remains to be seen if the vaccines used contributed to this. Considering there is no DELTA in the country, it’s a big question mark over the future.)

Edited by ABCbangkok
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But this is for next year. I asked if it's better not to use the Chinese vaccines and wait until a more effective option comes along.

Have you been vaccinated with Sinovac? serious question and would be nice if you answer.

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

If only 1000 people test positive a day, and 90 people die, that results in 9% mortality.

Mexico used to have a CFR of 10% a day.

My point is that they would have to die of Covid... are you presuming they test post mortem or Covid deaths are assigned generally?

Just now, edwinchester said:

Already happening. Yesterday a couple of wife's friends were in a queue for AZ only to be told they would be getting Sinovac as AZ had run out. They said no thanks and went home as did others in the queue.

Great. I'm meant to be going to Bangsue tomorrow. It is I admit a scenaio that came to mind pretty well instantly after being notified. Still waiting for SMS confimation. 

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Great. I'm meant to be going to Bangsue tomorrow. It is I admit a scenaio that came to mind pretty well instantly after being notified. Still waiting for SMS confimation. 

Wifeys friends were in Ayutthaya.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

As I've said all along, try to register at private/public hospitals rather than queuing between 1 - 5pm at the central vacc centre in Bang Sue.

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

As I've said all along, try to register at private/public hospitals rather than queuing between 1 - 5pm at the central vacc centre in Bang Sue.

Sorry should have been clearer. This was in Ayutthaya and they already had an appointment to receive AZ.

Edited by edwinchester

Sinovac is available. It's better than nothing you say so what's stopping you?

If ever there was evidence that animus against the Chinese vaccines is affecting thought processes, your question is it.

What's stopping me is what's stopping most people who live in Thailand, particularly expats from getting  vaccinated with anything. Hmmm... what could that be?

• Like 1

The vaccine being provided at SCG supposedly is AZ. 

I tried to register for last Sunday. All spots booked despite being very early in trying to register. BTW I received rejection via email.

Also put my name down for SCG. Have heard nothing back. 

Yesterday pics were posted of queue at SCG. Best you don't look as you will skip your "appointment"

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Tell that to the family of the newest medical worker fatality, a nurse who was on the frontlines.

How many times have I seen this irrational class of cheap shot being taken on thaivisa.com?

So that's how public health services should be run? Take guidance from grieving, aggrieved relatives?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Silly question. I haven't been vaccinated with anything. Because I live in Thailand.

Why, are you to young, or just can not get in a que for a vaccination?.  Yes it has been a royal pain but many of us have been successful with persistence and determination.  Others who were not as fortunate I was I have the greatest empathy with and wish that those in the outer provinces could get vaccinated.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Others who were not as fortunate I was I have the greatest empathy with and wish that those in the outer provinces could get vaccinated.

Think you received AZ. 

Would you have accepted Sinovac? 

As some say.....better than nothing.

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why, are you to young, or just can not get in a que for a vaccination?.  Yes it has been a royal pain but many of us have been successful with persistence and determination.  Others who were not as fortunate I was I have the greatest empathy with and wish that those in the outer provinces could get vaccinated.

So, as long as somebody who is old enough tries hard enough they can get vaccinated? 

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Silly question. I haven't been vaccinated with anything. Because I live in Thailand.

Believe it or not, I empathize with you.

This shouldn’t be the case that a variety of vaccines are not available. You and all others in Thailand need to have the right tools to survive this terrible pandemic.

Before June 9th, my wife (Thai) and I were in the same position as you: Living in Thailand. But after 30 years, I threw in the towel. I could not accept what I think has now become evident to all. The systems there are broken. And I was unwilling to pay the possible price.

We still have family there (my wife’s elder mother, older brother, and aunt) and they are hunkered down in their homes, afraid to go out, fearful of the COVID in their neighborhood (several single infections, no cluster yet).

Regardless of the vaccine issues, things are not going well. And our thoughts are with everyone in the country.

May the Thai ship be righted, may we see calmer waters ahead.

Edited by ABCbangkok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

No cheap shot intended, just the truth as to what over 600 covid infected medical workers nationwide and doctors have been saying of a vaccine that the Government seems to have gone all in on except for AZ.  Maybe for a prior variant it may have worked, but it does not appear to be working that way now as this Government hoped.  Yet when they saw the surrounding nations falling victim to the newest strain, and they had been vaccinated with CoronaVac, they still kept on pushing for this vaccine instead of switching gears.  I don't believe that this Government can ever admit that their slow actions and failure to investigate different vaccines has led to the problems we are seeing now.  Could I be wrong sure I could, but at least I can admit when I am.

No one really knows how effective Coronavac is against the Delta variant. It's a virtual certainty that it is less effective than the Western vaccines. That is what is known. However that does not mean it doesn't have a substantial beneficial effect. And as I have repeatedly pointed out, frontline healthcare workers face a far greater threat than do most others. So almost certainly, Coronavac will be more effective for the rest of us than it is for them. How effective? Not yet known.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, as long as somebody who is old enough tries hard enough they can get vaccinated? 

That does seem to be hit and miss, and as I said I have great empathy to those who keep running into roadblocks.  I can not get my GF vaccinated for the life of me either, so I do understand it completely.  You seem to have taken what I have written out of context, and only included your view of what it meant, if your going to quote me use the whole quote which I provided below.

17 minutes ago, placeholder said:

25 minutes ago, placeholder said:

If you live in Bangkok, surrounding areas or sandboxes then you may well be right. But for those of us out in the sticks, no bloody chance despite the "supposed powers that be" saying otherwise!!