SURVEY: What are your plans for the long term?

Scott

SURVEY: What are your plans for the long term?  

443 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Many members are heavily vested in Thailand with family, homes or businesses.  Given Thailand is experiencing political upheaval and a growing Covid problem crippled by vaccine procurement problems, what are your long term plans? 

Please feel free to leave a comment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BE88 said:

When the borders reopen I will set foot in Italy in the south where the weather is well, where we eat and drink very well and where people are nice and do not care about the future because they are all without money or almost same me, what more can you ask for in life

What is the grass like in Italy ?

I have heard that its a lovely shade of green 

• Haha 2

I remain and I share a house with GF. If anything were to happen to that relationship...I would go to Malaysia in a flash. People in general more open and more like a multicultural society I grew up in.

Having said that, Thailand is perfectly acceptable place to ride out a storm, being back in the USA, both cost wise and '#$#hole' wise is not on my agenda ever.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

That money goes to pay other peoples housing benefit 

In Bristol 95.5% of my CC goes to social care, education, health, roads, transport, leisure facilities and waste management. 4.5% is for social housing. Housing benefit paid out by councils is recovered from central government funds via the Dept for Work & Pensions. Its not paid out of the CC.

Edited by pj123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I voted that I'll stay in Thailand, but in fact I'm leaving in a few days for around 3 months - there was not a suitable choice for this.

I don't have any significant assets (except my bank accounts) or ties here,  and I haven't burned any bridges.

I'm having a blast here.  Cost of living is very low compared to back home, and most importantly I have plenty of opportunities to do things I enjoy. If I couldn't go to Europe I would go on a one month solo kayak trip to the Ang Thong archipelago. Warm water, no crocs, no sharks - a paradise. If the good pre-covid times come back, Thailand is an excellent base to do trips around too. Long term...who knows, whatever Buddha says.

• Like 2

in 2004 taxsin introduced some laws like 0% intrest policy for foreigner, as well cpital controls on sending money out ( limited temporary without premisson of bot), cancellation of old investment visa

that makes me feel dont put anything on 1 card

so lucky ,  , was thinking one day it will pay out the decisson bcs of goverment or militray...but that it is covid never tought. and second i lucky sold short bfr covid assets in thai, just have 1 apart there now, i no worry more.

last 17 month i learnd thai is not all, and there more places to stay, with better enviroment lesss restrictions and cheap living costs.... 

yes missing soi six and party but this game even over.....

• Like 2

I decided to leave before covid, been here a looonngg time and am leaving because I just don't like it, like I did before, anymore. It may be partly because I am very old now. I need a country where I can dial 999, 911, 112, 111 etc and know an ambulance will be at the door in 15 minutes.

I already have a house in Blighty were I usually spend a couple of months most years.

Edited by Whale
  • Like 2