Does anyone have any information on access to the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine the US has donated to Thailand?

on this very forum forum somebody posted 1h ago about info from the usa embassy which he got today - only sinovac and the AZ in vax program they are promoting.

But there might be some 1mln more of pfizer coming later on as donation, greater chance, then now arrived.

here 

Edited by internationalism

A US Embassy email came in this morning for a website that was to go live at 11:00 am: 

Event: New Website to Pre-Register for COVID-19 Vaccine

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it has just opened a new website for U.S. citizens and other expatriates to pre-register for the COVID-19 vaccine. This program is run by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  Using the link below, you may pre-register by providing your personal information to request an appointment to receive the vaccine. 

To register please click on this link: https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

Not clear if it is for Pfizer, but it was referenced other places that mentioned the Pfizer vaccine, so there's a good chance it is.

Probably too late to get in on the initial Pfizer batch - that probably went in 10 minutes, and the first batch of Moderna was wildly over-subscribed.

Is AZ an option for you? That should be relatively easy to get. Check intervac dot com, or https://medparkhospital.com/page/covid19-vaccine-expatriates

Where are you located? Are you over 60? It helps when people provide at least a tiny bit of detail.

More paid options may present themselves in Q4?

And the government should have more AZ and Pfizer later in the year.

I talked someone who got a text for his vaccination appointment:  1) First dose Sinovac 2) 2nd dose Astra Zeneca  4 weeks later.  It looks like Thailand is going with the Vaccine Mix Cocktail.  I would prefer to have 2 doses of the same vaccine.  At this point of Covid 19 Vaccine history I will get the same vaccine(preferably Pfizer). The US made vaccines are under EUA(Emergency Use Authorization) and are not fully approved.  Full approval can take years of trials and testing.  Do not know how China went about approving it's vaccines? 

• Confused 1

Richard Barrow tweeted about Moderna today:

Sorry to say, but private hospitals have started to send out cancellation notices to some people that had paid in advance for the Moderna vaccine. People have 7 days to claim a refund. But they add you can reserve a 2nd generation Moderna vaccine due in April 2022

TIT? 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Richard Barrow tweeted about Moderna today:

One of my Moderna reservations appears to be on track. This hospital updates those who've paid, frequently via email SMS and on FB. 

The most recent update (today) mentioned a meeting of the TPHA on 3 August, and that they would be getting their full allotment, which is more than they sold, and that everyone who's paid will get both doses. They said to expect appointments to start scheduling within two weeks.

My sense is that these might be coming in sooner than originally planned (October). That sense is just my reading of the tea leaves.

I have clear knowledge of Moderna being given free of charge to friends & family of civil servants, so obviously the same thing will syphon off Pfizer as well. Seems that Sinovac\AZ is not good enough for employees of central and !9cal government.

I sent a message to the US Embassy in BKK 1 month ago after learning about the US donation.  As a US citizen over the age of 60, I even offered to pay for 2 shots of the then pending Pfizer donation.  I posted their reply to me and my response back to them in a previous forum thread on July 8.  Basically, they told me I had to depend on the Thai gov't to get a decent vaccine.  I have since been able to register for Moderna at a hospital in BKK but, for obvious reasons, have no confidence that I will ever receive the shots.

1 hour ago, brommers said:

I have clear knowledge of Moderna being given free of charge to friends & family of civil servants, so obviously the same thing will syphon off Pfizer as well. Seems that Sinovac\AZ is not good enough for employees of central and !9cal government.

moderna was not imported yet, probably the earliest around october, and not many.

But there were soldiers boasting on social media about having one, also confirmed by one of forum members about a month ago. Some soldiers did get vaccinated in the usa, while on assignment, but it was to their accord (allegedly).

Thaksin said around songkran, that both pfizer and moderna are being used in bangkok

38 minutes ago, internationalism said:

moderna was not imported yet, probably the earliest around october, and not many.

But there were soldiers boasting on social media about having one, also confirmed by one of forum members about a month ago. Some soldiers did get vaccinated in the usa, while on assignment, but it was to their accord (allegedly).

Thaksin said around songkran, that both pfizer and moderna are being used in bangkok

Oh really? My local doctor offered my a jab of Moderna a few weeks back....I told him to save it for someone who needs it....lol....????????????

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Oh really? My local doctor offered my a jab of Moderna a few weeks back....I told him to save it for someone who needs it....lol....????????????

So they have this stuff just laying around to hand out who ever wants it. I doubt that very much as the storage and handling of this stuff is a pain. it has to be stored at a very low temp.. The equipment necessary to store these vaccines are specially made for this purpose, some Dr. sure would not have this stuff laying around his office.

On 8/1/2021 at 12:48 PM, ClaySmc said:

A US Embassy email came in this morning for a website that was to go live at 11:00 am: 

Event: New Website to Pre-Register for COVID-19 Vaccine

The Thai Government has informed the U.S. Embassy that it has just opened a new website for U.S. citizens and other expatriates to pre-register for the COVID-19 vaccine. This program is run by the Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs.  Using the link below, you may pre-register by providing your personal information to request an appointment to receive the vaccine. 

To register please click on this link: https://expatvac.consular.go.th/

Not clear if it is for Pfizer, but it was referenced other places that mentioned the Pfizer vaccine, so there's a good chance it is.

Thanks, but the clarity you mentioned is crucial to my participation in another vaccination registration fiasco.

My intuition is this a bait and switch scam done for political purposes.

I don't want sinovac or AZ.

Two of the questions they ask on the new expat vaccination website—your age, and whether you have of several pre-existing conditions.

My guess—they have limited doses of Pfizer for expats.  So they will start with the oldest and/or sickest of the over 60 expats, and work their way down the age column until the Pfizer’s depleted.

On 7/31/2021 at 6:04 PM, internationalism said:

on this very forum forum somebody posted 1h ago about info from the usa embassy which he got today - only sinovac and the AZ in vax program they are promoting.

But there might be some 1mln more of pfizer coming later on as donation, greater chance, then now arrived.

here 

The Thai government released a statement that of the 1.5M Pfizer doses 150,000 would be set aside for foreigners and that only 29,000 had registered so there should be more than enough all!!!

I know they make these statements today and retract or contradict tomorrow but they certainly were talking about the Pfizer Vac. 

1 hour ago, chicowoodduck said:

what's the difference between Pfizer & Moderna????

vaccine is not a cure, it gives your immune system something to fight against the virus, you can still catch covid but you won't die from it.

Sinovax 60-70% eff, Sinopharm(WHO approve) 80% eff, Chinese made using old tech and has been tested been around for decade, most of your old vaccination are created using this old method, this is the least vaccine for anything to go wrong in the future

AZ 80%, JJ ?? is between old and new tech

Pfizer 90%, Moderna 90%, Mrna, completely new tech, does not have decade of test, never know what will happen in the future

As of late Tuesday less than 30,000 had registered of which 22,000 were over 60.  From all have read including the Ministry of Foreign Affairs notices, it is from the US donated Pfizer shipment.  and yes , appointment notifications should start going out on the 10th or 11th of August.  It is not only for US expats but all.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:18 PM, spidermike007 said:

Would prefer a good vaccine, like the Pfizer or the Moderna. Any advice or information is appreciated. 

According to news articles 150,000 Pfizer-doses from US, which arrive recently, have been set aside for foreigners registering by Expatvac...

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

According to news articles 150,000 Pfizer-doses from US, which arrive recently, have been set aside for foreigners registering by Expatvac...

Last I heard, Medpark in Bangkok was still offering the Pfizer. For free. No doubt thanks to a stipulation by the US, and NOT having anything to do with the "Prayuth largess".

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Last I heard, Medpark in Bangkok was still offering the Pfizer. For free. No doubt thanks to a stipulation by the US, and NOT having anything to do with the "Prayuth largess".

Some hospitals in these 3 links mention Pfizer

Register for Covid vaccines below  including AZ,Pfizer

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvi_covid/rvi_add.php?fbclid=IwAR3gjxvyzylikklW0IA85gBWFjBOWkui0dlqRWM4pEnaoa1SfWCmTWOMqRg

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/03/several-options-for-qualified-foreigners-open-in-chonburi-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-medpark-hospital-offers-nighttime-vaccination-period-for-foreigners-in-thailand/

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Pfizer and Moderna?  The only thing I know is Pfizer doses are given 21 days apart and Modena doses are given 28 days apart.  Both are MRNA vaccines.  

CDC USA agrees with the manufacturers recommendations on dosage spacing, However they did approve a four-day shortening for each both Pfizer and Moderna, if necessary.

The Moderna vaccine was offered by private hospitals for a premium price of 3400 baht (our price at Bangkok Udon Thani Hospital).

We've paid the deposit and the government took its sweet time ordering it.  After the Thai Red Cross took its Share some 4 million is set to arrive in October, over 5 million short of what the private hospitals requested and paid for.

Its as if this government is purposely blocking attempts to order more quality vaccines as people literally die in the streets and homes.

Unfathomable.

8 hours ago, vinci said:

vaccine is not a cure, it gives your immune system something to fight against the virus, you can still catch covid but you won't die from it.

Sinovax 60-70% eff, Sinopharm(WHO approve) 80% eff, Chinese made using old tech and has been tested been around for decade, most of your old vaccination are created using this old method, this is the least vaccine for anything to go wrong in the future

AZ 80%, JJ ?? is between old and new tech

Pfizer 90%, Moderna 90%, Mrna, completely new tech, does not have decade of test, never know what will happen in the future

Thank you for the clear info and spot on statistics.

I also would like to add that neither a vaccine is a metal barricade that should keep the virus out. So when the trend surfaces about vaccinated people "getting covid!" that doesn't mean the vaccine has "failed." Many among the vaxxed population would be "getting" covid one time or another due from various circumstances, but the virus would be quickly brushed off by their strengthened immune system - thanks to the vaccine they have taken - and they might not even know they have "gotten" anything.