Anyone else tired of the nonsense, and contemplating leaving Thailand?

On 8/13/2021 at 12:14 PM, Tanomazu said:

Well, that's the thing, no politician will ever represent the interests of non-Thais. Since you're not fully part of Thailand's body politic you have no voice, no influence. You don't matter in the big scheme of things. And you can have no political power or influence.

Tell that to the Chinese and lobbyists. Or the owners of lower sukhumvit. Everything is for sale at the right price. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH

45 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Tell that to the Chinese and lobbyists. Or the owners of lower sukhumvit. Everything is for sale at the right price. 

Obviously I meant without paying bribes, but yah, that's the only viable option otherwise.

7 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

How long you been around Thailand? Thais pay for every position they take in, just to become the village headman in a poor village can cost 500K baht, for 2-4 years only. That is why they misuse all the gov funds, to recoup it.

I'm a law abiding citizen and would never consider paying bribes. I don't support corruption. So that is not something I would consider. I think most Thai people also do not pay bribes and do not support corruption, though granted it does happen.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You think wrong then and should leave Thailand, as you indirectly support that living here. The only ones claiming to not support it, is those who temporary not benefit from it. I guess you are new in Thailand.

15 yrs and the only bribe I have paid is a bottle of Johnny to a cop who helped me. I would have done the same in my home country...

18 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And in that entire 20 years they couldn't pass the FDA approval process.

I believe (though I may be wrong) it was a blood clotting problem that had them fail the approval process.

I guess this anti vax argument will be gone shortly. Luckily.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/20/us/politics/fda-pfizer-covid-vaccine-full-approval.html

• Like 2

I think the Thais will soon tire of being even poorer than before, that and the funerary pall that the little green men bring to the sense of "kwaam sanuk" that made Thailand famous in the first place.

These military mates can only stick it to the golden goose so many times before the people with the aid of technology wise up and rise up.

One thing I have noticed, these guys act all tuff n stuff, until any one thing reaches a level Thais won't wear, then they quickly reverse course and back down! The sudden reversal of the decree against riding in the back of trucks, as sensible as it was, comes to mind. l

I was surprised how the court struck down the latest attempt to curb free speech, these guys are big on strutting about like bantams, but the reality is, with an army of increasingly resentful conscripts with access to exiled media, the status quo is very fragile, and it won't take much to see them off. Especially now a hiso has been severely injured in a protest, it's going to get very interesting!

3 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Also, and this cannot be stressed enough, if you get about in a singlet and rubber slippers, you may be letting us all know what a renegade homie you are in Blacktown or Blackpool, but the world over, you look like trash, and you'll be treated that way by the BiB. 

Safari suit, pith helmet and polished black army boots is the only way to go!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

On 8/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I would want to vote for a politician who is honest and competent and who does his best to work for all the people who live in the country. Now does have Thailand such a politician?

Does any country have a politician you would really support? Look at Xiden and Doris. No better than CO.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:56 AM, kynikoi said:

Millions of Thai in poverty, economy is trashed, democracy has left the room and not coming back

Substitute 'Brits' for 'Thai' and that seems to be exactly what brexit achieved. At the least the Thais didn't deliberately sabotage their economy.

• Sad 1

On 7/31/2021 at 7:07 AM, spidermike007 said:

I thought that too until recently. Don't know how much longer I care to tolerate their nonsense. 

What kind of non-sense? Yes it's semi-closed for a longtime and their vaccination roll up is screwed up. Besides that, I don't see any changes though I have left a week ago. For people who have family, it may be a tad difficult. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2