First Sandbox flight from Hong Kong lands in Phuket

snoop1130

1628595617_1-org.jpg

The first flight from Hong Kong to arrive in Phuket under the Phuket Sandbox scheme touched down at Phuket International Airport today (Aug 10). Photo: AoT Phuket

PHUKET: The first direct flight from Hong Kong since the Phuket Sandbox scheme launched on July 1 touched down on the island earlier today (Aug 10).

Cathay Pacific flight  CX771 from Hong Kong landed at Phuket International Airport at 10:40am to be greeted by water cannons and the p[assengers disembarked to receive a warm welcome by Airports of Thailand (AoT) staff and the officials from the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Present to welcome the arrivals were Phuket International Airport Director Thanee Chuangchoo, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Phuket office Director Nanthasiri Ronnasiri and Cathay Pacific Airline Phuket office Chief Amonsak Rungruangsri.

Phuket Sandbox Hotels Packages - Book Now!

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/first-sandbox-flight-from-hong-kong-lands-in-phuket-81006.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-10

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Hong Kong can travel, which means so can those on the main land and Covud 21 will be enroute.....oh the irony and sarcasm....how many were on the flight

That is still unclear. No direct flights from mainland and no transit in HK without 14 day quarantine currently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thats good to know, but are there flights for those in the upper crust being allowed.

Hmmm. That I’m not sure of. There hasn’t been any reports of such, but… we are all under the media lockdown that is MLC. I would think that those allowed to travel would be for official things and not a holiday in Phuket - but could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Hmmm. That I’m not sure of. There hasn’t been any reports of such, but… we are all under the media lockdown that is MLC. I would think that those allowed to travel would be for official things and not a holiday in Phuket - but could be wrong.

Was wondering as a neighbor who lives one floor below called and asked me talk talk to the Juristic office, who has a key to his unit. to have it cleaned before he returns next month.  He is a business man who is Chinese, and has been stuck there.  So I wonder if he has been given some kind of exemption for work.

• Like 1

Stuck in MLC or HKG? If hkg, then I would assume he’d have to do the approved hotel lockdown or go via Phuket. Would be interesting to find out if he’s been given some sort of dispensation. Especially since we’ve got no real way of knowing how bad COVID is in MLC. 

• Thanks 1

He lives in Hong Kong. His BMW is covered in 1 year of dirt and grime from being parked in the condo garage.  1 flat tire.  I will get his keys from inside the unit,air up the tire. Get the oil changed for him by using a mobile service offered to him and then get it washed.  He will use the Sandbox to return. He is double vaxxed with Sinopharm.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

He lives in Hong Kong. His BMW is covered in 1 year of dirt and grime from being parked in the condo garage.  1 flat tire.  I will get his keys from inside the unit,air up the tire. Get the oil changed for him by using a mobile service offered to him and then get it washed.  He will use the Sandbox to return. He is double vaxxed with Sinopharm.

So nothing to do with your original assessment "Hong Kong can travel, which means so can those on the main land and Covud 21 will be enroute"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So nothing to do with your original assessment "Hong Kong can travel, which means so can those on the main land and Covud 21 will be enroute"

Clearly you missed the sarcasm and irony part of the post, but hey you want to bait me go ahead. You seem to enjoy having a go at my posts.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

As a Permanent HK Resident,  am pretty sure that they were /are only offering Sinovac or Pfizer. So he probably got Sinovac ?

My wife who's working there (also permanent HKID status ) got Pfizer. 

Free and easy. 

Problem will be returning to HK, which lists Thailand in the Highly Dangerous category. 

As another poster mentioned...2 or 3 weeks quarantine on return. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Thailand said:

2-3 weeks quarantine on return to HK?

Depends. If you do an anti body test from a recognised lab in hkg (valid for 3 months), then you only need to do 1 week quarantine on return to hkg (from Thailand - which could change if Thailand goes from being moderate risk to high risk). 

If you haven’t done the antibody test in hkg (because your starting your flight outside of hkg), You can do the antibody test on arrival into hkg - and if all ok, only do the 7 days quarantine. (problem with this is that you have to book 2 weeks quarantine before you leave Thailand - then try and cancel the second week if your antibody test on arrival is ok)

it’s ridiculous how they keep changing the process. 

As for the guy getting double vaxed with sino… not sure why he’d do that when Pfizer is free and just as easy and available. I’d consider getting a Pfizer booster if I were him, for what it’s worth.

1 hour ago, orchidfan said:

As a Permanent HK Resident,  am pretty sure that they were /are only offering Sinovac or Pfizer. So he probably got Sinovac ?

Free and easy. 

Problem will be returning to HK, which lists Thailand in the Highly Dangerous category. 

Hkg is currently not considered a “highly dangerous category”. That may change, but hkg has 3 levels and Thailand is listed as group B.

https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk/eng/inbound-travel.html

16 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Depends. If you do an anti body test from a recognised lab in hkg (valid for 3 months), then you only need to do 1 week quarantine on return to hkg (from Thailand - which could change if Thailand goes from being moderate risk to high risk). 

If you haven’t done the antibody test in hkg (because your starting your flight outside of hkg), You can do the antibody test on arrival into hkg - and if all ok, only do the 7 days quarantine. (problem with this is that you have to book 2 weeks quarantine before you leave Thailand - then try and cancel the second week if your antibody test on arrival is ok)

it’s ridiculous how they keep changing the process. 

As for the guy getting double vaxed with sino… not sure why he’d do that when Pfizer is free and just as easy and available. I’d consider getting a Pfizer booster if I were him, for what it’s worth.

Yes, you're right. Thailand is still classed in group B (medium risk). 

How that is I don't know, but fully vaccinated and positive antibody test might only be quarantined for 7 days.

They keep changing the rules, like everywhere, weekly.

I want to go back for a short visit at least....but need 2 jabs first.

Still waiting !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Free and easy. 

He did get Sinopharm 

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/breaking-news/section/4/169543/Hong-Kong-citizens-to-get-Sinopharm-vaccine-in-Shenzhen

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Sad 1