Parents set to receive 2,000 baht per school kid - Prayut uses meeting to espouse "moral" educational philosophy

webfact

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

The PM threw out his buzzwords as to what this means - discipline, morality, virtue, moral integrity, Thai history, responsibility. 

Hmm, a teacher might say the buzzwords should be thinking, questioning, access to facts/information rather than rote learning designed to teach one view only as an acceptable one and understanding you learn from mistakes. 

OK, those last two are a series of words rather than a buzzwords…

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, martin81 said:

Obviously they mean 11 mill. not 11 thousand. That gives 22 billion. These journalists do not proof read.

They might really mean 11 thousands. These brand new sports cars I see every day in Sukhumvit do not pay themselves!

But yes, hopefully, they meant 11 millions.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:

My son's private school just got ahold of me to ask for his ID card number and my bank account so they can deposit 2,000 baht into my account.

What will I do with my new found riches?

Cool  season  coming ask  your  child if  he divides 2000 baht into 20  baht  notes  how  many  will  he  get and  how  long could he burn them for to keep  warm,  on the other  hand  you may need to deduct 100  baht for a calculator.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Hmm, a teacher might say the buzzwords should be thinking, questioning, access to facts/information rather than rote learning designed to teach one view only as an acceptable one and understanding you learn from mistakes. 

OK, those last two are a series of words rather than a buzzwords…

Yet, all appears to be surface contradictory.....even moot.

As any such encouragement regarding an independent, critical or questioning thought process is strictly taboo. 

• Like 2

Many schools have not been open since April, notes ASEAN NOW. 

A real disaster. It will not even start with an idea of how school operations can be better organized in the pandemic. Other countries are further, such as revolving lessons in a reduced class group (1st week of precedence, 2st week online), vaccinated teachers, Corona rapid tests for all students before the start of classes, online question collection of students who do not understand the material,Immediately help for parents who do not have the technical IT requirements, organization of small student working groups in the same neighborhood, older students help younger students as a task,training of teachers in online -teaching, -pedagogy and - didactics.

The whole educational system now depends only on the individual commitment of the individual teacher.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Nothing fake about our PM Khun Prayut Chan O Cha .....  and giving every parent 2,000 baht for every pupil to assist with study & learning. 

Excellent news from this government.  No one can dispute that .... 

20497408_coverphoto.PNG.d6906c41bf2d4ae49deea69cce18a834.PNG

Steven. You got a thing about a little man in uniform?

Edited by DaveE13
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

Nothing fake about our PM Khun Prayut Chan O Cha .....  and giving every parent 2,000 baht for every pupil to assist with study & learning. 

It is NOT every parent of pupils. You seriously think there are only 11,000 pupils that need help - must be millions ! When only 11k of millions get help that is not excellent news, but ridicule of those others that need it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

The arithmetic weakness runs through the whole country. Even the very highest management positions are also affected. I'm always fascinated when I buy something in the 20 Baht shop. Then 100 baht minus 20 baht = 80 baht is calculated twice on the calculator to be on the safe side. In Thai the calculator is called: kruang kit. The machine that thinks.

yes .... the majority and average thai are so stupid when it come to maths.  Buy a drink for 20 baht and hand over a 50 baht note ......  they shuffle around looking for the calculator.   Try 2 x Leo @  60 baht .....      that's really confusing.

I don't know whether it's a communication breakdown from english and maths or it's just they never learnt.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

20497408_coverphoto.PNG.d6906c41bf2d4ae49deea69cce18a834.PNG

Yes bless him, he is even going to get us 12 million more Sino Thingy jabs!