Expatvac replies...

44 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have not gotten a email from them. I did upload my a single file with a copy of my passport photo page and most recent extension stamp. I have no visas in my current passport to upload.

I did same , and even when uploading traditional way (can see only 1 file in the box , unless scrolling in the box you can see one by one both ...) .

Also i used the ext. page as visa , and today i have appointment Central Festival 6Th floor .

So it is a miss and trial but don't worry it comes  o.k. ...., my names refused until i just put first letter from both with . as end , and then was accepted

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

I did same , and even when uploading traditional way (can see only 1 file in the box , unless scrolling in the box you can see one by one both ...) .

My passport photo page and the extensions stamp were shown on the upload page within a frame.

I created a JPG file and pasted in copies of them on it and then saveed it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

My passport photo page and the extensions stamp were shown on the upload page within a frame.

I created a JPG file and pasted in copies of them on it and then saveed it.

As did I but still not received any appointment yet

• Like 1

An OA visa is gotten initially outside the country. It is not a marriage visa which is an O visa gotten inside thailand…

when they request your visa stamp, they are requesting your current visa extension stamp by immigration once a year not your original visa that you got in your most likely home country…

your original visa stamp which takes up an entire PP page could be years old as one keeps extending annually with a Thai immigration stamp…easy to follow the history of your annual visa extensions in your PP.  All they want to see is your current valid visa extension stamp from Thai immigration.

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Thanks 2

The poster said he has an OA marriage visa… I believe no such animal…

Yes, of course O visas are obtained from many Thai consulates around the world. Who said otherwise? 

What I am saying is one came in with an O visa (usually 90 days) and if you want to extend it to a marriage or a retirement visa, that occurs inside the country…an OA visa is gotten outside the country and definitely not called a marriage visa at that point of application 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

The poster said he has an OA marriage visa… I believe no such animal…

Yes, of course O visas are obtained from many Thai consulates around the world. Who said otherwise? 

What I am saying is one came in with an O visa (usually 90 days) and if you want to extend it to a marriage or a retirement visa, that occurs inside the country…an OA visa is gotten outside the country and definitely not called a marriage visa at that point of application 

The OP might well have used a visa of the non-OA variety for his original entry into Thailand, but subsequently started applying for marriage extensions once he could gain no further 1-year entries under it. I am aware of at least 1 other person who did precisely that for financial reasons (monthly income/bank balance minimum requirements are lower for marriage extensions than for retirement ones).

Alternatively he might have started off with retirement extensions but subsequently switched to marriage extensions so as to avoid having to comply with the requirement for 400k inpatient/40k outpatient health insurance cover from a TGIA-approved insurer.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Typically Thailand. Everything this place attempts turns out FUBAR. Sad but true and undeniable...except by the Thailand apologists. ????

While I don’t agree that” everything “ is correct there is certainly proof that many things are badly managed here:

2E20EFB8-1CD5-4706-B075-1FDE3FC171C1.thumb.jpeg.9041f11c28726991d25a288e38adaf81.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Brahmz said:

After reviewing your registration, it can not be further processed due to lack of required visas.

Please note that this registration platform is ONLY for foreign residents in Thailand and are not Thai nationality.

Ok, certainly they're not interested in a long ago expired visa, but only in the latest extension off of that visa. Even the US Embassy often refers to your current validated stay in Thailand as a "visa extension." Some, including the MFA, have even shortened that to just "visa." So, logic would dictate here that MFA is interested in your current legality to be in Thailand, i.e., your most recent permission (extension) of stay.

Now, when I registered the wife, I wrote down next to the copy of her US passport, that, as a dual US-Thai citizen, she had no, nor required, a visa, nor any subsequent extensions of stay. But the guidance in italics, above, would suggest that Thai nationals need not apply...... But, then, the US Embassy website says this vaccine program is to include "US nationals."

Haven't heard anything yet -- let them chew on this awhile -- which comes first: Thai nationality or US citizenship?  Hmmmm.

From the UK Embassy newsletter. If you got a rejection see last paragraph

News 

·       7683 British Nationals have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine via Thailand’s vaccination programme (source: MOPH Immunization Centre 16th August 2021).

·       The CCSA have stated vaccines will be allocated as soon as possible and to as many as possible to generate herd immunity. Areas with high fatality rates will be allocated vaccines first, with persons in high risk groups given priority to receive a vaccine.

·       The Department of Disease Control has emphasised that people in high risk groups should get vaccinated as soon as possible.

·       You should contact Ministry Of Foreign Affairs directly on 025728442 if you successfully registered for a vaccine via the MFA website and have subsequently received an email stating your application has been declined.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why should a visa even be necessary? They have your passport number and that has your visa status recorded at immigration. Why can't the Ministry of Foreign Affairs liaise with the other part of government that deals with foreigners, Immigration? Or is that too logical. But again, why should a visa even be necessary. What they are doing is prioritising bureaucracy over safeguarding the vulnerable.

Simply said, these people don't follow the same logic as we do. As it is true these are different system, but they can share (as read only) the same DB via a link and new schema. I'm not going to go into details on how to do it, but it's not a difficult task for an experienced DBA and doesn't require a lot of man hours to accomplish.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, david555 said:

Also i used the ext. page as visa , and today i have appointment Central Festival 6Th floor .

So it is a miss and trial but don't worry it comes  o.k. ...., my names refused until i just put first letter from both with . as end , and then was accepted

Did same and got appointment at Central Festival on Friday. Pity because already had AZ jab at BPH today

• Sad 1

For this vaccination program, your visa status dictates whether you qualify or not. 

your wife is a Thai citizen in thailand since she did not activate her US passport in thailand…she might be an American national globally but that has no standing in thailand…she resides in thailand as a Thai citizen not as a foreign national - quite easy to prove…

my daughter is Thai here (as defined by Thai immigration) and an American in usa for perks…

it’s all determined by you on which passport you wish to enter thailand…you alone determine your standing. You had a choice…

Edited by cardinalblue

9 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

I regestered 1st day and got an email saying successfully registered and to wait for a appointment. Then nothing and cant regester again as email is on their system. Over age 60 but in the sticks of surat thani 

Similar situation in NST. As far as I am aware, no-one has heard anything yet in our neck of the woods. Patience.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

it's not a difficult task for an experienced DBA and doesn't require a lot of man hours to accomplish.

But it does require initiative and a basic intelligence. My wife used to say to me 'It's the Thai way', and after I responded with 'That's the problem' she no longer says it.

• Haha 2