Thai Tourism Sector Expects 500,000 Russian Visitors after Endorsement of Sputnik V Vaccine

snoop1130

Miw wife stay in bangkok.She not allowed to go anywhere exept buying food inthe mall.Thais is not allowed to go almost any country because of their vaccine.Im from norway.Vietnam approved us to come to go there..She been 7 times for get phizer,everytime she been rejected even had i apointment because they say they dont have it.USA is now pushing and ask where the heck is the phizer they gave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ourdon said:

The Russians remember their history.  Aeroflot cancelled their flights not on account of covid but because Afghanistan is an active combat zone at the present time.  They won't be opening them up again until November at the earliest.  The last time the Russians flew over Afghanistan in any numbers, they developed a great respect for the stinger SA missle.

Afganistan is not the case at all. Aeroflot often flies over Iran. Also to let You know, Aeroflot flew using northern route to Thailand before, through Chinese territory...

PS Russian embassy was NOT 'evacuated' from Afganstan, unlike others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Im constantly amazed as to why some people are even on a board dedicated to all things Thai.

Do these odd bod  'members'   trawl the net looking for things that they despise  ,  then   sign up so as to daily vent their spleens ?

Is it some weird  form of travel masochism ? 

So people dont like Thai food  eh ? Are there Thai restaurants in Turkey ? Are you for real ?  555

Agree about thai food.

My  wife is a chef in one of a group of 5 Thai restaurants on Hong Kong.

(Many  others apart from this group)

They're packed every day, taking around $hid 150,000 daily.

The Honkies certainly love Thai food !

At the same time Chinese and Russian embassies in Kabul watch western countries run away from Afghanistan (and Iraq). Looks like widespread approval of Sputnik and Sinovac great vaccines will be a part of the great retreat of the West. Awesome news!

Edited by friendofthai
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Agree about thai food.

My  wife is a chef in one of a group of 5 Thai restaurants on Hong Kong.

(Many  others apart from this group)

They're packed every day, taking around $hid 150,000 daily.

The Honkies certainly love Thai food !

Well they have taste....this thread is about Russians, after all. ????

I'm rather excited about a new Thai restaurant opening up in my UK town..... can't wait to try it, although Thai food in UK is generally pretty bad but I live in hope. So pleased I've learned to cook! ????

• Haha 2

Do Russians need to quarantine upon their return, when coming back from a high-risk country such as Thailand?

That will have a significant impact on the number of Russian tourists they can attract. No matter how easy or attractive they make things here in Thailand.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

But... do Greece and 

Turkey have nearly the same draconian rules as Thailand? 

They don't. I was in Greece this summer july till mid august ... Only proof of vaccination or PCR test. No quarantine and you can go wherever you want. Everything was open.

The majority of tourists were from France, Italy, America and other west european countries. Only few russians 5555

Edited by daejung
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, stigar said:

Miw wife stay in bangkok.She not allowed to go anywhere exept buying food inthe mall.Thais is not allowed to go almost any country because of their vaccine.Im from norway.Vietnam approved us to come to go there..She been 7 times for get phizer,everytime she been rejected even had i apointment because they say they dont have it.USA is now pushing and ask where the heck is the phizer they gave.

Fair question from the the USA, probably on-sold for a profit.

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

Do Russians need to quarantine upon their return, when coming back from a high-risk country such as Thailand?

That will have a significant impact on the number of Russian tourists they can attract. No matter how easy or attractive they make things here in Thailand.

No, but PCR test on return is mandatory. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, club said:

When they find out all the bars are closed and alcohol is banned everywhere good luck getting 50 Russians to come here

This is a false claim, and a bit xenophobic.

Bunch of russians going thailand(also bali) to survive a winter. Full families. With newsborns and mothers in law.

I spent couple of years(combined) in Thai. I was in a bar just once. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VBF said:

Well they have taste....this thread is about Russians, after all. ????

I'm rather excited about a new Thai restaurant opening up in my UK town..... can't wait to try it, although Thai food in UK is generally pretty bad but I live in hope. So pleased I've learned to cook! ????

There are two pretty good Thai restaurants where I live in North London. One is more of a cafe

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SmartyMarty said:

send them to pattaya where they belong.

How about we travel Thailand the way we want it? Id love to visit Chiang Mai for few days, do a lil hiking there. Then maybe go to Isaan for world famous food. Then i might lay dont for few weeks on Samui. Around Maenam area.

Or do i have to do it as some nolifer on TV says? Get a life.

I have to feel some sympathy for the TAT. With all the industry Thailand has, somehow the whole economy of Thailand now relies only on tourism if you believe the news. They must be under intense pressure to come up with a "saviour solution" to the economic doldrums. Forget the other industries because of a lack of investment in development of labor and technology. Tourism must save Thailand because tourism doesn't rely on education but on young women who have "special" skills.

• Like 1

Long time coming, Russia's been the key customer for TAT for years. A quick look at the numbers for December 2019 straight from the Ministry of Tourism website indicates no country, other than China, is more important for Thailand in terms of tourism revenue.

3.jpg.f1aa29535dd3b87b5a73c5237946b7e1.jpg

However nobody is coming until and unless the restrictions are lifted. 80% of those people are families with kids coming for 2-3 weeks who are not going to quarantine or risk ending up in a hospital for the duration of stay and at their own expense. 

Edited by AndresSP
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

This is a false claim, and a bit xenophobic.

Bunch of russians going thailand(also bali) to survive a winter. Full families. With newsborns and mothers in law.

I spent couple of years(combined) in Thai. I was in a bar just once. 

Stop the liberal tears . I know many Russians, been there like 30 times. They love to drink both women and men. If they go to Phuket and most places are closed that's not going to work for them. The single men  also like the ladies. If they aren't in Phuket for the guys another turn off for them. Those are facts . Besides that Until Covid has been  contained here in Thailand ,once again a major turn off 

Edited by club
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, club said:

Stop the liberal tears . I know many Russians, been there like 30 times. They love to drink both women and men. If they go to Phuket and most places are closed that's not going to work for them. The single men  also like the ladies. If they aren't in Phuket for the guys another turn off for them. Those are facts . Besides that Until Covid has been  contained here in Thailand ,once again a major turn off 

If your confused, have someone read it to you so you can be un confused

On 8/19/2021 at 12:38 PM, Amdesign said:

What an nonsense - travel to a country with one million travel restrictions!? For waht purpose? Look at beaches which are closed from their hotel rooms? Hide from police while taking some vine? Wear masks while feeding the beggards?

The reality is: fresh info - Aeroflot cancelled all flights to Thailand today, they say probably will resume flights in November.

Thailand was only desirable as travel destination because it was cheap and easy to get in. Not anymore - so why?

Don't forget they'll need to wear a mask while having sex as well. 

• Haha 1