Thai Government May Ease Some COVID-19 Restrictions Next Month

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Didn't some important official recently predict cases heading up towards 45,000 per day?

Cases go up, restrictions go down. What could possibly go wrong?

Exactly, "It's all under control", "it will be over in a few weeks", "It will be what it will be", "Risks must be taken", "There is no going back"......So what could go wrong?  Well...........your guess is as good as mine, and disaster looms is what I see...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lujanit said:

Ah, we have to open by October 1 so we should start to loosen restrictions soon.  We have manipulated the numbers of positive cases in our favour.  So forward my brothers and sisters.  Let us show the world how you really control a pandemic.

Resign now you pathetic creep, surely have your overseas bank account filled with enough corrupt money to last you until you are dead.

Same as it ever was. 

Yet, there seems to be something much more creepy looming. 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said some COVID-19 restrictions may be eased next month, if the current lockdown measures prove to be effective in slowing the rate of infections.

Just another prediction... wait and see.

• Like 1

The current situation of seeing 20,000+ cases per day will not go away soon.  More people need to be vaccinated in order to reduce this number.  The choice is to either continue with the current lockdowns for at least several more months at a minimum or start to open up so people can start to earn a living again.  I’m for opening up before more businesses are permanently closed and more people lose all hope.  A woman my wife went to high school with used to have a very successful tourism business.  After a year of little or no income she was starting to come back but then this third wave hit her hard. She lost all hope and recently took her own life.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

All the useless PM is doing is trying to get peoples hopes up backed up with no concrete evidence. We are all sick and tired of his, CCSA, Anutin and TAT's <deleted> statements regarding the pandemic/tourism. A day after Sputnik 5 vaccine was approved for Russian tourists, TAT today say they expect 500,000 Russians this year. Where did this come from.???? Been no Russians here for 3-4 years. ????????

1 hour ago, ronster said:

So he will wait and see if the protesters get worse or go away for a while . Then if they start rallying again in large numbers you can bet he will scream covid outbreak and lockdown !! ????

No,you forgot the 2K thb per child "softener" will quell the rallies,that's until it's spent 555

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Personally I think the people of Thailand would rather risk death from the disease than the loss of jobs, homes, businesses , incomes, schooling and their entire lifestyles. I know I would.

How can you sell lockdowns when say 50,000 people have died in car accidents as opposed to 8,000 from covid in 2 years ? 

Whole world needs to man up and get on with life now. World should set a date and say from this date we just get on with it

I totally agree with everything that you said, except for the people of Thailand wanting to risk the disease. The smart ones want to risk it, and the ones whose desperation has exceeded their fears.  But for so many, paranoia has set in really strongly here. They really believe that they will likely die if they catch covid.

I hope more Thai people demand for the lockdown to end. I live in Bangkok, and my building is surrounded on every side by a business that went bankrupt. A couple of months ago, a guy who lives upstairs jumped to his death. He left a note about not wanting to take handouts anymore after his restaurant failed. He jumped from the 5th floor into the parking lot... man, I would have picked another way...

Anyway, I am thinking about converting to a religion because I am financially secure and economically protected from this nightmare. I hope RichardColeman's assumption that most of the people want the lockdown to end is true or comes true pronto. The tragedy to these lockdowns is absolutely insane

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fully vaccinate all the vulnerable, and then start loosening restrictions. Continue to vaccinate 500,000+ people a day. Continue to be sensible regards masks, no large gatherings & hand washing.

3 million +  unemployed!! This creates more unhealthy bodies & minds. 

This number should be talked about more!!! 

The daily reported are nothing more than a reason to tighten measures and lock people down. They are in no way indicative of any real number of infected people. I just had one friend change provinces and had to do ALQ in a high school gym inside a tent with 10 others using the same toilets and showers. no one was tested. This is all just a crock

• Like 1