Thailand tourism reopening should follow Sandbox model, vaccinations still key

webfact

Refreshing to hear someone finally say Phuket "had low numbers and relatively low income but that was always on the cards"

Eagerly waiting for the Pattaya Sandbox to start ????

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Anyone know how they are using the word "reposing" here?  Is it a typo?  The definition seems to be about putting something to rest.  Freudian slip maybe?

dictionary says "a state of resting after exertion or strain especially : rest in sleep. b : eternal or heavenly rest pray for the repose of a soul.

I suppose tourism may be in a state of "eternal rest"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Anyone know how they are using the word "reposing" here?  Is it a typo?  The definition seems to be about putting something to rest.  Freudian slip maybe?

Clearly a typo. The article itself uses the word "reopening," which is obviously what it should have been in the heading.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, aussiexpat said:

Refreshing to hear someone finally say Phuket "had low numbers and relatively low income but that was always on the cards"

Eagerly waiting for the Pattaya Sandbox to start ????

Key word here is relative. It all depends on one's expectations. I never expected much people to come, but I'm positively surprised.

I'm leaving Thailand soon for a trip home. Alot of red tape to get to the Phuket sandbox but I'm looking forward to 2 weeks at the lovely beaches. I'm not sure I'd do it as a tourist each to their own ideals. 

• Like 1

Yes follow the sand box model. restrict the beaches, do not allow alcohol to be sold or drank on the beaches, or anywhere.

Keep all the restrictions in place until at least January of 2022. Quarantine, stays in effect. COE stays in effect, etc.

Good luck with your high season Thailand as it will be pretty dismal. Just a reminder it is only 90 days until mid November,

and isn't that in High Season?

Geezer

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, webfact said:

A key figure in tourism in Thailand has given a general thumbs up to the Phuket Sandbox and plans to reopen Thailand to foreign tourism.

Delusional... to keep it short.

On 8/21/2021 at 11:43 AM, webfact said:

He said that the Phuket Sandbox had had low numbers and generated relatively low income but that was always on the cards. He said it had been an excellent start.

But but but the predictions were thousands and thousands?

• Like 1