Video: Australian pensioner kicked over after he hit Thai man's car that failed to stop at zebra crossing

webfact

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

This works for most things, in any foreign countries. 

How would you react if in , say, Vancouver BC standing right on the kerb on a normal street and a car stopped because they thought you wanted to cross?

I'd try and help the driver with his  apparent medical condition

4 minutes ago, itsari said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How did you work out that the Thai was "being racist"?

Thank you for your reply . 

Why I say the attacker was racist is because he would not of done the same if the man or woman was Thai. 

Is that simplified enough for you?

I did not need anything simplified, so...

1.  You've over-simplified everything to the point of it being ridiculous.

2. You have no idea whether race had anything to do with the incident.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

He was lucky in way, could have been stabbed or shot. My wife goes ballistic if a I say or doing anything when driving, she is genuinely scared that some idiot will pull a gun.

My wife does the same.

1 hour ago, itsari said:

I think the Thai kicking the old man is the racist

I doubt it's racist, although Thai's don't like farang coming here and banging on there cars. 

I think it's more an angry reaction .....     and even after the stupid apology chances are  he will do it again tomorrow.  

Edited by steven100

I find the local people in/around Chiang Mai to be of Thailands worst drivers genereally, and also the most raging ones. Even if its THEIR wrongdoings... 

Sad...

I have been driving 20 years without any accident all over Thailand with both motorbike and car. Thats why i observe it in this way....

11 minutes ago, itsari said:

There were enough witnesses to make a charge with out the victim .

If the man had died that was attacked . Would the police say there is no case as the victim has died ?? 

Now i have said enough Mr Scouser

• Like 2

Just now, steven100 said:

I doubt it's racist, although Thai's don't like farang coming here and banging on there cars. 

I think it's more an angry reaction .....     and even after the stupid apology he would do it again tomorrow.  

Then he is racist , simple. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, lks7689 said:

It's not the Thai way to obey traffic rules. Either the education system or culture is flawed or both. 

You could add stupidity to that last sentence, and one thing that has always amazed me here is the fact that there are U-turns prevalent on dual carriageways, whereby one has to be in the fast lane if one wants to slow down to turn into the other carriageway.

Why is this?? Because Thais are not capable of using a roundabout because........I'll leave it to your imagination.

Why do Thais resort to this kind of blindsiding? BECAUSE THEY’RE CHICKEN. 

This is the second video I’ve seen where an unaware and unsuspecting foreigner was clocked by a cowardly Thai punk. 

If only the Australian dude had turned around to see what was coming, I’m sure that Thai would have tripped all over himself.

Probably would have shat himself as well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see 50 meters of ribbed pavement when going down an underpass but ZERO

warnings for Pedestrians.  Most intersections have ZERO pre cautions for

pedestrians.  The 80 year old should know by now, Thais are NOT into stopping

for you. It is ME ME ME on the roads here.

35 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

What I find surprising is that ALL Thai drivers are also pedestrians when not in or on their vehicle so they DO know what they are and why they are there!

Though from the use they are, I don't know why they are there!

It really is just about 100% of drivers that do not stop even when people, including schoolchildren, are on the crossing and often have to stay in the middle of the road while traffic passes on either side.

This is one of the traffic violations that irritates me the most and even more so when crossings are used for parking - anything!

And, as usual, no enforcement - ever!

RTP needs to hire more law enforcement officers and fewer brown envelope gatherers….

7 hours ago, Clydesdale said:

What action will the police take against the car failing to stop at a zebra crossing when there is a pedestrian on it ?

What more do you want he said sorry. Clearly a misunderstanding. Old people shouldn't be allowed on Zebra crossings. Especially dirty foreigners. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

He was lucky in way, could have been stabbed or shot. My wife goes ballistic if a I say or doing anything when driving, she is genuinely scared that some idiot will pull a gun.

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

You've never heard of low-lifes in Western countries beating, raping and murdering old people for fun?

Unfortunately very true.

Just now, Nip said:

What more do you want he said sorry. Clearly a misunderstanding. Old people shouldn't be allowed on Zebra crossings. Especially dirty foreigners. 

Only Zebras allowed or wear a Zebra onesie

• Like 1

Human behavior is not determined by the circumstances people encounter, but by the decisions they make themselves.I no longer listen to what people say, I just watch what they do. Behavior never lies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smedly said:

wish he had tried that on me

### coward picking on an elderly man

I’ve never liked cowards or chickens. 

He is a COWARD with an oversized capital ‘C’. And is the kind of person I enjoyed pounding back in the day. 

Oh, the good old days! 

• Haha 1

Thailand used to be a wonderful place....until about 2003 or so. Then something changed, specifically regarding, generally speaking, locals' attitudes towards foreigners. Places like Bangkok started to look like every other city, and the country, as a whole, just seems a helluva lot less interesting than it used to be. There are exceptions -like get way off the beaten path near national parks where no one goes to bordered by towns whose restaurants don't have English menus. When you get out to those places, you can feel like you're in the old Thailand again. But Samui, Pattaya, Phuket, Hua Hin, Bangkok, Chaing Mai...? Why anyone would bother to travel across the world to these places is beyond me. Those places are for Chinese and fools. 

Edited by Nabby
wanted to include Phuket and Hua Hin
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1