Pattaya: Hundreds of 60+ expats get vaccinated at Central with Pfizer jabs

webfact

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Going on for a while (maybe under different registration).

Friend had an invitation for August 18 which he could not attend as being vaccinated with AZ already.

Yes - those registered at BPH can apply directly. Currently taking details for +40s.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/press-release-en/item/3046-covid-vaccine-non-thai-residents-en.html

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

opened a registration channel on thailandintervac.com.  

Many were foreigners aged 60+.

Younger expatriates such as investors or those with an Elite Visa can register at https://expatvac.consular.go.th/ 

This is a little confusing as the vaccinations last week were from expatvac  registration (mine was anyway) and definitely for over 60s........ Their web page even stresses that priority given to over 60s etc.

i was there 18 August , and jabbed with Pfizer , good & safe distanced arranged by Bangkok Pattaya hospital staff , 3 week later in September expected to come for second  Pfizer jabb

• Like 2

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

As far as I can see there is no problem I just wondered why there is a different

Now that you explain your post I understand a bit betterer ???? I think it's just a case of what was available at the time the appointment was made, for example, I had my 1st jab on the 9th of this  month at Samithivej in Sriracha it was AZ, my next dose is 1st November also AZ, whereas the Pfizer has only really started to become available ????????????????

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Orac said:

Yes - those registered at BPH can apply directly. Currently taking details for +40s.

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/press-release-en/item/3046-covid-vaccine-non-thai-residents-en.html

sorry to quote my own post but completed this google form this morning and just had sms to get pfizer vaccine tomorrow at Central Festival - I am under 60 with no underlying conditions.

• Confused 1

Just now, Orac said:

sorry to quote my own post but completed this google form this morning and just had sms to get pfizer vaccine tomorrow at Central Festival - I am under 60 with no underlying conditions.

Hello Orac,

do you live in Pattaya?  Is it also for foreigners who don't live in Pattaya?  Thank you.

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

I'm confused. I keep on reading posts complaining about the difficulty of getting vaccinated in Thailand alongside reports of expats who have been vaccinated, with excellent service etc. Which is it ?

AFAICS the expats who have been vaccinated are those who registered with expatvac and who live in or are willing to travel to BKK, Pattaya and other cities are getting vaccinated. Those of us who live in rural Thailand or who are not willing to travel too far will have to wait until the vaccination centres get further out of the cities and into bigger rural provinces.

There maybe no Pfizer left at that time for us over 60s because of all the under 60s  who have registered with more sites than I have hot dinners a month.

• Thanks 1

I'm confused. I keep on reading posts complaining about the difficulty of getting vaccinated in Thailand alongside reports of expats who have been vaccinated, with excellent service etc. Which is it ?

It is rolling out , but not every ware same moment , first BKK  then a week later they started in Pattaya , i am sure it will come every place but need timing an organizing , i thought also they forgot Pattaya , but i was happy surprised i was wrong ....., it is coming for you too i am sure , as Chang May seems also now started ......Thailand is big ..... you don't know ?

15 minutes ago, hay2008 said:

Hello Orac,

do you live in Pattaya?  Is it also for foreigners who don't live in Pattaya?  Thank you.

i do live in Pattaya. The form needs your BPH hospital number so for people who have a number i guess.

Just now, billd766 said:

AFAICS the expats who have been vaccinated are those who registered with expatvac and who live in or are willing to travel to BKK, Pattaya and other cities are getting vaccinated. Those of us who live in rural Thailand or who are not willing to travel too far will have to wait until the vaccination centres get further out of the cities and into bigger rural provinces.

There maybe no Pfizer left at that time for us over 60s because of all the under 60s  who have registered with more sites than I have hot dinners a month.

I don't think there are a lot of places for under 60s with no underlying medical conditions to get any kind of vaccine.  I registered with expatvac ...got rejected cos they didn't even bother to look at my visa. I registered again but til now no reply.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Orac said:

i do live in Pattaya. The form needs your BPH hospital number so for people who have a number i guess.

No number as patient BPH for me as i never needed a doctor in  13 years Thailand  , besides 1 time .... for becoming my Drivers license  , no underlying conditions  just over 60 , i just  registered expatvac and straight accepted and on 17 Aug. sms for appointment for 18 sept , "done and dusted "  second Pfizer one  one on 8 sept Central Festival 6 th floor ,

It is rolling out guy's ....it is also coming for you 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

No number as patient BPH for me as i never needed a doctor in y 19 years Thailand  , besides 1 time .... for becoming my Drivers license  , no underlying conditions  just over 60 , i just  registered expatvac and straight accepted and on 17 Aug. sms for appointment for 18 sept , "done and dusted "  second Pfizer one  one on 8 sept Central Festival 6 th floor ,

It is rolling out guy's ....it is also coming for you 

this one is for under 60s

Just now, Orac said:

this one is for under 60s

oh ..... sorry  a little more patience then , when 60 is done it shall roll also for those , it was in all Europe and U.K. same way ....in categories vaccinating ...

• Like 1

i find all the complaining from those who want the jab strange
i know of a person that flew here Jan 23rd, done Q, then got jabbed here April 2nd and flew to Dubai the next day

• Confused 1