Bumrungrad Moderna sign up

digbeth

Wife got SMS on monday from Bumrungrad that they had opening for 2nd lot of Moderna, had a link and got to pay, doesn't say when it'll arrive, probably next year, what's strange is that I never got the sms from them, despite having had the offer via email from them for the government vaccine (AZ/Sinovac)a few months ago the link to this sign up page isn't on their main website either, so they must be selective in giving out the link, 

Anyone else got this offer?

I find it amazing that they are once again asking people to prepay for vaccine, when they have not sorted out when the 1st lot will arrive, and how it will be allocated, so they must be aiming the sale of this batch to a different bunch of potential recipients to the 1st

• Like 1

Yes, I've had the same offer from both Sukhumvit Hospital and Bumrungrad.  I'm holding off, in the hope that more vaccines will be become available for immediate purchase, rather then registering for one that might be available in "first quarter 2022" and requires up-front payment.

(It's not for me, as I'm vaccinated, but for my wife).

• Like 1

I have paid medpark 3300b a week ago, coming in the Q1-2 the next year. They suppose to confirm this purchase till 31.8.

Also thonburi group were/are still doing, you have to add their Line. 

That suppose to be vax 2nd generation.

Read conditions for transfer to another name - some would allow, some not. Situation with efficacy against new strains might change a lot till June 2022, when the last batches might be still arriving.

Worth to try, as a booster. But now try anything

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

(It's not for me, as I'm vaccinated, but for my wife).

Have you tried the BCCT, my wife and I are currently in Bangkok for my wifes appointment for a AZ vaccination this afternoon, sourced via them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I got this offer last night, no idea where they got my number from so I just deleted it figuring it was a scam. 

Am having 2nd thoughts this morning as I'd quite like a Moderna booster to go with my 2 Sinopharm jabs. 

@Mike Teaveehttps://bit.ly/3zdxeBp The offer expires today, 25-8-2021. THB 1650 per dose. I've already gotten the 1st Pfizer & get the 2nd on 14 Sept, so I'm not accepting the offer.  My SMS was from Bumrungrad.

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

for AZ from BCCT write to 

[email protected]

not only for brits. Even thai citizens.

they do near bang sue.

Also any non thai at bangkok hospital pattaya, 4 different options of vax 

Tried that email a few days ago but as yet no response

4 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Have you tried the BCCT, my wife and I are currently in Bangkok for my wifes appointment for a AZ vaccination this afternoon, sourced via them.

4 hours ago, theoldgit said:

Amazing! There are still many Brits out there in the provinces who haven't been vaccinated yet. 

Applied directly with Bumrungrad August 3rd for Pfizer; no reply until 3rd week saying they're still checking my vaccination record. Then got unsolicited sms offer from BHN hospital August 16 for 1st of two jabs of free Pfizer, now scheduled September for 2nd jab having 1st jab

Then this Tuesday get sms from Bumrungrad for 2 jabs Moderna to be prepaid for 3200THB. No Pfizer then?You know the saying: "A bird in hand is worth more than two birds in the bush." Or in this case 'jabs.'

• Like 1

I did receive that SMS from Bumrungrad, which I found odd since they never contacted me for the first round of Moderna (or the round of free vaccines) - even though I had replied to their vaccine survey months ago saying that I would be interested in hearing about vaccination opportunities.

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I got the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital sms this morning for Moderna, paid for 1 booster 1650 baht as I've had 2 Sinopharms already

I have had 2 Astra Zeneca shots, and have confirmed Moderna booster (paid for at BPH) in end Oct/Nov timeframe (the first tranche).

So this is my chosen regime.  

Edited by couchpotato
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris.B said:

Amazing! There are still many Brits out there in the provinces who haven't been vaccinated yet. 

Amazing! There were a number of Brits at the Vaccination Centre where my wife got her vaccine today, some of whom came from our neck of the woods, “out there in the provinces”.

19 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

Amazing! There were a number of Brits at the Vaccination Centre where my wife got her vaccine today, some of whom came from our neck of the woods, “out there in the provinces”.

What a selfish man you are mocking vulnerable Brits who are still unvaccinated while you and your wife are vaccinated. Many of us live a lot further away from Bangkok than the 200km you do in Hua Hin. ☹️

4 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

What a selfish man you are mocking vulnerable Brits who are still unvaccinated while you and your wife are vaccinated. Many of us live a lot further away from Bangkok than the 200km you do in Hua Hin. ☹️

Nobody's mocking you, or anybody else, so your insults are unwarranted.

Many people, like myself of a certain age and with serious health conditions, appreciate the need to travel distances to get vaccinated, and are prepared to do so, be it 200, 400 or even like the guy we were talking to today from Udon Thani, in excess of 800 Kms, and all credit to him, and I suspect many would do the same.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, theoldgit said:

or even like the guy we were talking to today from Udon Thani, in excess of 800 Kms, and all credit to him, and I suspect many would do the same.

He could of got vaccinated in Khon Kaen and saved himself 700 kms.

• Confused 1

I got the offer for the second generation Moderna for next year.

From Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.

I bought 3 for me, my wife and Yai.

Hopefully get in line at least.

Edited by MrJ2U

5 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Applied directly with Bumrungrad August 3rd for Pfizer; no reply until 3rd week saying they're still checking my vaccination record. Then got unsolicited sms offer from BHN hospital August 16 for 1st of two jabs of free Pfizer, now scheduled September for 2nd jab having 1st jab

Then this Tuesday get sms from Bumrungrad for 2 jabs Moderna to be prepaid for 3200THB. No Pfizer then?You know the saying: "A bird in hand is worth more than two birds in the bush." Or in this case 'jabs.'

HN with Bumrungrad for many years 20 + and understand $ is king with them but so disappointed with them after registering for a shot many times. No success. Manage to get an AZ shot at another "No1" hospital in Bangkok. My future business will now be with that other hospital. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris.B said:

He could of got vaccinated in Khon Kaen and saved himself 700 kms.

Hospitals in which Pfizer, AstraZeneca, and Sinovac vaccines can be pre-registered include:
 -MedPark Hospital, Bangkok  Click
- Bangkok Hospital (Headquarters), Bangkok Click
- Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital, Bangkok: English , Chinese

- BNH Hospital, Bangkok Click 
- Bangkok-Khon Kaen Hospital, Khon Kaen Click 

Edited by Chris.B

2 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

Anyone know if someone with 2 Astras or 1 Sinovac/1Astra are eligible for the booster?

private moderna - likely.

from thai government - not likely, because of acute shortage for 1st dose.

When they will have already their first payed (not donated in small quantities) mrna at the end of year, they will only give as 1st, later on for those needing 2nd, and the last as booster.

Don't rely on government on anything - get moderna 3300b for the next year. Going private you are flexible. Going free you are at mercy of xenophobes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, shortstop2 said:

Anyone know if someone with 2 Astras or 1 Sinovac/1Astra are eligible for the booster?

At this time only if you buy it privately thru a hospital (ie: moderna with BPH etc). Booster shots will not be given free until most of population vaccinated.

The free shots (that foreigners and Thais are getting now) are all recorded on a central database, but private shots are not.

So in my case I have 2 shots of AZ already, and will have my Moderna booster (my choice) later in the year. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

So in my case I have 2 shots of AZ already, and will have my Moderna booster (my choice) later in the year. 

I will have my second AZ dose in mid-October.    I am quite willing to pay for a booster.  But I don't want to pay for a booster that they won't give me for medical reasons.   And if they won't give it to me for medical reasons maybe then I don't even want it.  

The following is from a Medpark registration form that perhaps expired on Aug 23rd:

MedPark Hospital is accepting 2nd round of reservation for the MODERNA vaccine: 2 doses at 3,300 THB
This form can only be used for one person (for 2 doses of MODERNA vaccine) at a time. Please make sure you fill out this form carefully and accurately. *Currently, studies are being conducted in USA and UK regarding MODERNA as the 3rd and the 2nd shot, and in heterologous and homologous vaccination. The studies could take 1 year, starting from June 2021. Updates will be provided as results emerge, but it is currently not a standardized recommendation to use Moderna as a booster or in a heterologous vaccination. Therefore, MedPark will only have the primary series of the Moderna vaccine available, according to the manufacturer’s standards. If there are any updates, you will be notified

So am not sure what to do about a booster.