Video: Policeman charged with murder after torture/extortion of drug suspect shocks Thailand

webfact

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Audi looks like it was just purchased with that Red Plate on it.  Trace the money and from where it came from, they might find that the dealership has a salesman or two that are also part of the money laundering going on.

Ive always said that "Follow the Money" you stop the flow of money you stop everything

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

He obviously didn't know about them. 

• Anyone who's been here any length of time knows that this is what is expected of police. The newcomer expats still seem to think that having a relative in the police somehow makes them higher in status, as they don't understand how the police here are percieved/feared. 

For once the cameras worked - surprise, surprise. Assume that there will be an unwritten order across the land to deactivate the CCTVs without any further delay? 

This is like opening Pandora's Box, where does this end? what a can of worms this could turn out to be, Construction company how did they get paid? Dodgy Doctors how much did he get paid? How much did the father of the victim get paid not to press charges and the G/F to keep her mouth shut, Im getting ready to write the book

8 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

For once the cameras worked - surprise, surprise. Assume that there will be an unwritten order across the land to deactivate the CCTVs without any further delay? 

I think the cameras were placed by honest police officers and non of the murderers knew they were there

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bbko said:

Video date stamp says August 5 but this just became public a few days ago.  Those other cops on the run are long gone by now. 

They will be in Cambodia, Burma or Laos. 

Thais on the run unless they are protected by the State (i.e. Boss Red Bull) through inaction, been paid off etc. don't really have anywhere else to go.

Due to the massive loss of face that has occurred here I am not sure that Joe Ferrari and his accomplices will be allowed to just swan off to Western countries like Boss. Certainly a torture and murder allegation will ensure most competent authorities will have eyes on him and chances are refuse him entry. 

5 hours ago, croftrobin said:

Thai Policeman "Jo Ferrari" tortures and kills prisoner

This shocking 10 minutes video gives me the impression that such a procedure seems to be pretty normal for all of them. WARNING - here you see more than at the short videos.

16 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

!Why does the mention of owning very expensive cars and being a drug suppression officer not surprise me.  Now we know where he got the money from!" 

Yes, we do, the same news source quoted his wife as being the hiso owner of a luxury car business 

So how did they get the money to start the business in the first place? 

That is a multi-million USD investment. Not bad for a copper on a 30k a month salary.

I've no idea, I'm just posting what has been reported about his cars that so many posters chose to ignore even though the information was out there!  Maybe she (they) started off small and were successful?  I don't know.   Maybe she was from a wealthy family, she was described as "hiso".   

It has also been reported that he was successfully involved in investigating illegally imported supercars from which he was paid, officially, 45% of their value when they went to auction by Customs. 

I'm not saying that he was a good man, I am saying that there is a lot more to this case than some posters wish to see.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I've no idea, I'm just posting what has been reported about his cars that so many posters chose to ignore even though the information was out there!  Maybe she (they) started off small and were successful?   Maybe she was from a wealthy family, she was described as "hiso".   

And its just a coincidence that he was demanded Millions of Baht from people to avoid prosecution ? 

Maybe there's a connection between his wealth and his extortion of the public?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I guess without the video nothing would have happened. The doctor marked the death as drug related and the victims body is already burned. Shocking. 

Exactly. Many cops/people must have known about this, but nothing was done until after the video came out, and now all of a sudden the whole police force has sprung into action to capture the culprits, which they could (and should) have done much earlier. Hypocrites.

• Like 1

Mr. Sittra Biabangkerd, secretary-general of the Lawyers for the People Foundation, said in his Facebook post that he received the video in question from a junior officer, for passing on to the national police chief, adding that the officer now fears for his life.

This is significant in that the video was given to K Sittra who is a prominent lawyer known for his intergrity. The junior officer trusted him. Had this gone to other lawyers, the outcome may be different. 

The Chief has been caught as well as some of others involved. What are the odds these guys who know too much won't make it to trial. He may be a Chief but he also has a boss he shared his wealth with. Stay tuned for suicide reports.

"including Pol Col Thitisan Uttanaphon, also known as “Joe Ferrari” for his supercar collection"

Wow!! The police must be so well paid over here!!!!????????????????

UPDATE;-

"A number of 13 luxurious cars and supercars were also found at the place, totaling worth more than 100 million baht in value. This included a Ferrari and a Lamborghini"

Edited by DPKANKAN
Update

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

The full video appears to be everywhere on social media right now

Full asset confiscation - everything they touched in their lifetimes plus 20 years in prison should be the minimum sentence here - for each time they've done this.

An investigation going back to the day they all started in the job is needed.

Why stop at 20 years? Torture leading to death is punishable with the death penalty.

22 hours ago, 1duckyboy said:

Never watched a snuff film, not going to start now. So the only person charged is free and on the run. What about charges against the other officers who held the deceased down?

According to Liverpool Lou on p4 they have all been charged. 

20 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He was the station chief, so he might have had a clue. It amazes me that so many people, not only in Thailand, haven't yet caught on to the fact that there are video cameras everywhere. My favourite tale is about a woman who owned a women's clothing store and who installed CCTV to catch shoplifters, and she herself was caught on camera stealing from a woman's bag while the customer was in a booth trying on a dress. Dumb as they come.

Thailand does not have an IQ of about 90% for nothing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RobU said:

I think the cameras were placed by honest police officers and non of the murderers knew they were there

Not too sure; I assume that they installed those CCTVs in case an arrested suspect goes bananas. What they certainly did not know is, that the CCTVs were running (maybe they just forgot about their presence). 

I for one find it courageous, that some junior bloke copied and passed on the clip via a lawyer - apparently - to make it public to the rest of Thailand. This endless corruption and malpractice in many, if not most police posts, is long overdue for a complete mop-up! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wprime said:

Why stop at 20 years? Torture leading to death is punishable with the death penalty.

Despite what you read, 20 years is the maximum prison penalty and the death penalty is for barbarian states like the Saudis.

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Despite what you read, 20 years is the maximum prison penalty and the death penalty is for barbarian states like the Saudis.

I read the Penal Code, B.E. 2499. Despite what you like to think, your opinion doesn't override statutory law.

tvidiot.thumb.jpg.03b21584b6b0dd2870b10c0282c49cf2.jpg

• Like 2