Trouble breaks out as crowd of 1,000 people try to get 200 Pfizer jabs in Sriracha

webfact

"Trouble breaks out" as crowd of 1,000 people try to get 200 Pfizer jabs in Sriracha

Sanook reported mayhem at a public vaccination point in Sriracha as " scuffles threatened to break out"

those from other districts in Chonburi and further afield were told to go home.

This they eventually did though reluctantly meaning the situation calmed down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smedly said:

why can they not adopt the same process as they do for farangs 

- over 60 or at risk with certain conditions

- register online 

- send out appointment day and time 

Population about 67 million; anything above 200,000 is only directed to the Thai Baht side of the brain.

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, aussienam said:

This is quite a sad and depressing article as it reveals the unfair disparity of privilege between the wealthy, the expats and the poor downtrodden Thai citizens.  

I am an expat who was privileged to obtain my Pfizer shot.  

But, all around me are Thais who have got nothing and face at best, a shot of Sinovac for the time being, that is ineffective against Delta COVID19. 

Are their lives less important than mine?  They ask me how did I get Pfizer, when they cannot? And they are citizens here.  

And here I read there being only a piddly 200 Pfizer shots offered and desperate Thais scrambling to get it.  I didn't have to.  I just registered on a site and strolled down to the vaccination centre. 

The article reveals the fear and desperation going on by these poor Thai people, who don't want to die.  Definitely not something to make fun of. 

I could explain away to myself that I am helping to protect others from being infected and that I need Pfizer to travel abroad.  That is true.  But when the deaths of infected unvaccinated Thais continue, I feel guilty and a hypocrite.  

I share your guilt.  Got first Pfizer last week., Thai wife has to wait.  Maybe Moderna will come this year, if the Red Cross doesn’t hosey the first shipment.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

"Trouble breaks out" as crowd of 1,000 people try to get 200 Pfizer jabs in Sriracha

Sanook reported mayhem at a public vaccination point in Sriracha as " scuffles threatened to break out"

those from other districts in Chonburi and further afield were told to go home.

This they eventually did though reluctantly meaning the situation calmed down.

Yes, we read it.   Are you just practicing your dots and underlining skills?

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife went for her 2nd AZ shot at Emporium a couple of days ago.

It was very busy. Some genius decided to group 3 day’s worth of vaccination on one day in one location (ie. This vaccinated on 7-8-9 June all told you get 2nd shot on 30th !!)

Wife said is was organized but very busy - definitely a potential spreader event. 
Not sure what the logic is behind this policy of crowding ppl together for the vax. 

You can claim a record number of vaccinations for that day - fuel for the big reopening plan?