Can you actually identify if a woman is from Thailand, the Philippines,Vietnam, Singapore or Cambodia?

ASEAN NOW News

Where are the Gui (Suay) people in that ethno-linguistic map? I guess subsumed within the surrounding populations like they've been for thousands of years...

There remain numerous pockets in Thailand, Cambodia and Laos, but they're doomed to fade into obscurity even faster than the highland peoples.

What does it matter? You can find model faces in all races.  So much variation what does it matter.  I bet a DNA test in all of SEAsia would show there has been much intermingling over the centuries along with global trade. 

• Like 2

On 9/2/2021 at 11:31 AM, 2umich said:

No.5 is most natural and beautiful.

You can have 4 & 5 then.  I'd probably pass on no.2 also.   

1 & 3 look to be the smartest and are the ones who I'd guess can speak English well, they are also the two most attractive in my opinion.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I was once told that ALL women in the far east (China, South East Asia etc) can all be traced to a single female from Mongolia.

Not sure if its right or not. 

49 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is that even logical?

You have 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great grandparents...

Going back 33 generations gives 8 billion great great great.. great grandparents - more people than are alive today, let alone back then, which is only 800 - 1,000 years ago. Extrapolate it further and you find the last common ancestor to everyone living, no matter their race, probably lived around 1,400 BC - 55 AD.  We are all descended from that person, who very likely lived in East Asia. Go back in time and kill them and none of us would be here.  

If you go back further, to between 5,300 - 2,200 BC you reach the "genetic isopoint" where everyone alive before then was either an ancestor to everyone alive now, or nobody alive today.  We are all far more closely related than we think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Is that even logical?

As I recall its far easier to trace the genetic path through female genomes. 

No idea why that is.

But somebody, somewhere had a genetic mutation which turned us all into different races. 

Otherwise we would all look the same. Skin colour, eye colour, hair colour, shape of the eyes you name it.

If she has the obligatory big mole on her face, she's Filipino!

If she spends more time on the phone, eating non stop, and paying more attention to the dog than you, she's Thai.

Intelligent, well spoken but wearing thick rimmed specs and blind as a bat, Singaporean.

Joking!

We can't generalize on people or their race by their looks.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

I was once told that ALL women in the far east (China, South East Asia etc) can all be traced to a single female from Mongolia.

Not sure if its right or not. 

Why would Mongolia be a location focus point of the discussions on this subject?

Seems to me the discussion of 'a single (historic) female' should, in terms of location, be associated with Africa or the middle east. Why Mongolia?

Written history seems to indicate that the first human beings were located in Africa.

On 9/2/2021 at 7:50 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Sure, just like all men are handsome in their own right.

What???? Look at the unelected PM, his sidekick the unelected health minister, Elton John, guys with big beards, mousers, big titties, big bellies. Maybe you can explain "in their own right". :shock1:  :cheesy: :cheesy:

On 9/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, Maybole said:

When we lived in Scotland my wife (Lanna Thai) was regularly approached by Philipinas and Chinese who tried to talk to her in their own language.

Yes, forgotten about that. 

On NSFerries, crewed by Filipinos, the staff always assumed my Thai wife spoke Tagalog.

• Like 1