Sinovac Vaccine Helps Thailand Control COVID-19 Pandemic

webfact

9 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

I thought it was proved that Sinovac was only appropriate 13.5% effective against the Delta strain..... Or is the report to please the Chinese, as they were not happy that people don't trust Sinovac... 

Yes, around 13.5 percent after one jab against delta-variant, but the article talks about the alpha-variant (formerly know as the English variant), which were dominant before the delta-variant, and Sinovac has a reasonable high protection against that strain, so the conclusion is correct...????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, club said:

You must have failed math in school

If efficiency starts at 60%. Drops by 50% in 40 days. It'd be 30%.

Now stick with me. If it drops another 50% in 40 days. The efficacy would be....right....15%. Not zero. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Hello ,

well that’s very funny Thailand and China are concerned about corruption and transparency  !!??  5555 ???? Lol ???? , Thats like the Devil saying he’s a good person !! 
Sinovac , Sinopharm and Sputnik v are low quality covid vaccines and because the failing Thai Government’s Covid Policies and Vaccination Policies we now stand in a very long global waiting line for good vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer.

As a person Immune compromised and a a Type-2 Diabetic why would I want to get injected with low quality vaccines like Sinovac , Sinopharm or Sputnik v that all have under 52% Efficacy !!??

Not !! Happening with me Thailand !! 
oh !! P.S. , You talk about transparency and honesty.

Please , How about for example honesty and transparency about the 2 million + Pfizer vaccines donated by America ???????? To Thailand that 20% of the vaccines were agreed upon sharing with Expats !!?? 
That would be a start down the path of honesty and transparency !! ???? 

safe and Healthy Wishes to ALL !! 

While bashing "commie jabs" i advise u to think why the <deleted> Israel is back in quarantine and why Britain still put countries in red zones? Arent u guys all jabbed now? Herd Immunity? Hello?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:
8 hours ago, rwill said:

Yep, yep, yep.  That's why they were not in a rush to give medical workers a third shot who had received 2 Sinovac already.

While Sinovac is most likely less effective than most other vaccines, that doesn't mean it is ineffective or even close, If I were a front line health care worker I would demand the most effective vaccines, too. They face the most exposure to covid and run the highest risks. But that doesn't mean that Sinovac's vaccine is ineffective or anything close to that.

I have 2 sinovac vaccinations.

7 hours ago, club said:

Its amazing how long Thailand can stretch 2.5 mil doses of Pfizer out. Hopefully they didn't dilute it to turn 2.5 mil into 5 mil. 

What makes you think they did anything ? There are only something like 40 000 foreigners who registered and 150000 doses of vaccine , so how did you arrive at conclusion that Thai stretched it or played with it

• Like 2

8 hours ago, club said:

Look who is being ignorant ? Did you even read the link. Gradually is 6 months then you have no antibodies to fight the infection     https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-study-shows-antibody-levels-after-2-doses-of-sinovac-drop-50-every-40-days/    Here is another one. Do the math. If antibodies drop 50% every 40 days ,How many antibodies do you have left after 80 days? ZERO!!   

You sure you want to make accusations of ignorance? Antibodies are the first line of defense against a virus. But there are also T cells and B cells. There is a correlation between antibody levels and T cell response but it's far from absolute. T cells and B cells are actually much more resilient and adaptable to new threats than are antibodies. And keep in mind that these were lab studies that you referred to. Not real world clinical studies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Swimfan said:

Just need to look at Phuket. Almost exclusively vaccinated with Sinovac and hospitals almost at capacity. 

Exclusively vaccinated with Sinovac is an exaggeration, although granted about 5x as many Sinovac as AstraZeneca doses were given in Phuket. But that is far from exclusively.

Also, important to note wrt the hospitals, field hospitals, and hospitels in Phuket (which are at close to 80% and not full capacity),  the VAST majority of those in such facilities have moderate to mild symptoms, and some with no symptoms.

Likely (if not already started) Phuket will start sending people in the facilities (who are still infected but with no symptoms) home to a required 2 week or so self isolation, in order to free up more beds. They are already doing this in other provinces.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

Youre wasting your time trying to debate facts and figures with this lot.  You can clearly see in the tone of the posts it is all vindictive rhetoric only and has no resemblance at all to reasonable arguement.  The biggest problem with Sinovac is that it is made in China and the mere mention of that country immediately blinds some to the facts.  Such is the power of the US propaganda machine on the ignorant. 

? Which propaganda machine are you working for? Thailand or China?

WHO just gave Sinovac 51% efficacy in their July statistics, making it officially the lowest efficacy rate. No better than 50/50 odds in the real world. Corruption is also an official concern with this vax, and the line of corruption from China to Thailand is well known. Yes, China-USA will never see eye to eye, but you don't need to even play that card when the supporting facts throw a lot of shade on this vax. Or look at how Thailand is phasing it out in favor of any other vax. Or look at how medical staff are catching the virus even after 2 doses of the stuff.

I wonder if the Thai military trolls have a presence on this forum, I called out Steven100 some weeks ago and he promptly disappeared. Strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, club said:

When it comes to Covid I believe the USA over China and Fauci. It was a lab leak. Fauci knows what was going on in that lab. He is part of the coverup

Wow. You know what happened when all the experts with way more information don't. Stunning.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

? Which propaganda machine are you working for? Thailand or China?

WHO just gave Sinovac 51% efficacy in their July statistics, making it officially the lowest efficacy rate. No better than 50/50 odds in the real world. Corruption is also an official concern with this vax, and the line of corruption from China to Thailand is well known. Yes, China-USA will never see eye to eye, but you don't need to even play that card when the supporting facts throw a lot of shade on this vax. Or look at how Thailand is phasing it out in favor of any other vax. Or look at how medical staff are catching the virus even after 2 doses of the stuff.

I wonder if the Thai military trolls have a presence on this forum, I called out Steven100 some weeks ago and he promptly disappeared. Strange.

I work for no propaganda machine nor do I accuse anybody of working for one.  I was merely pointing out the influence of such machines.  I am sure both China and the US have people about spreading misinformation....neither party is innocent of such activities.  What I do object to is the constant rubbishing of Sinovac merely because it comes from China.  Many of these comments, as I previously stated, are vindictive in nature with no basis in fact at all.  Some even go so far as to attempt to present theories as proof and repeat them over and over again causing others to then believe them.

Now please, somebody correct me if I am wrong, I'm certainly not a full bottle on Covid, but from what I understand, these vax's do not stop you from contracting nor spreading Covid, they only reduce the suffering and in turn reduce the number of hospitalisations and deaths.  For whatever reason, the Thai govt in the past has had a preference for Sinovac making it much more available to the people of Thailand than any other vax.  You cant blame that on China.

Sinovac was developed at a time when it had no variants.  Its pretty impossible, I imagine, to develop a vax against a variant that doesn't yet exist.  Some say Sinovac is less effective against the Delta variant.  This maybe so but you cant blame that on Sinovac or China.  Vax's cannot be developed, tested and approved overnight.  We still don't have a vax for the common cold, HIV etc.  I had my 2nd AZ shot two days ago from the local hospital but on both occasions I thought I was getting Sinovac until I walked in the door.  I was happy to get Sinovac because even if only 1% effective it is still far better than no vax, especially if its possible to top up with another type later if found necessary.

Variant or no variant, I wonder what the situation would be now if Thailand didn't use Sinovac but instead waited for supplies, IN QUANTITY, to come from other suppliers.  I am sure we would be in a lot worse situation.   The Thai govt was late in trying to acquire supplies of any vax, for whatever reason, and it seems China was the only source who could supply anywhere near the quantities required.  How can you blame China or Sinovac for the govt's inaction.  At least we had one vax even if some say it has minimal effect....still better than none.

The biggest problem is the understanding of the virus itself.  As others have pointed out, its very complicated.  It takes a lot of time to get to understand how the virus works let alone how to fight it.  And then it mutates to a new varient requiring more time consuming research.  Its new, nobody is a full bottle on the subject. 

People just need to be patient.  They need to try to protect themselves best they can and with whatever is available.  Comments calling Sinovac 'rubbish' or 'give it to the soi dogs' can be very damaging to some and only makes the authors the laughing stock of those less ignorant.  Likewise claiming Covid19 originated in China is damaging as it fuels racism even though there is no proof, plenty of theories yes, but theories are not proof just as there is still no proof that the Spanish flu originated from Spain even though the name implies it. 

"Repeat something often enough and it becomes the truth" Joseph Goebbals, Nazi Minister of Propaganda.

• Like 2

On 9/6/2021 at 7:54 AM, konaboy said:

any data on deaths after Sinovac?

On 9/6/2021 at 7:37 AM, Khun Yogi said:

It appears that anyone who had two shots of Sinovac in the last few months will now need a booster shot shortly of something like AZ or Pfizer. Even the top brands says most people will need a booster in the future.?????

Sinovac booster shot reverses drop in antibody activities against Delta-study

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sinovac-booster-shot-reverses-drop-093610207.html

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Yes a very small study from China which is not published/peer reviewed yet and also admitted there were no neutralising antibodies against Delta were found six months after second shot. 

"Neutralising antibody activities against Delta were not detected in samples taken from vaccine recipients six months after they received the second dose of Sinovac's CoronaVac vaccine, according to the study published on Sunday (Sept 5) before a peer review."

It also does not mention how much there was to begin with.

29 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

The lab study involves samples from 66 participants  Wow!!! 66 participant in their study. Try 66,000 after 6 months of the booster and then test antibody activity 

• Confused 2