Double Vaxxed And Caught Covid: Anyone Else?

BKKBike09

"The wife was on my case to ring the MOPH Help Line to get official support for home isolation. I resisted that vigorously because I just wasn't very ill. I meet the criteria for home isolation (under 60, no underlying conditions, able to keep distance from other family members) but I didn't want to take the chance of guys in spacesuits turning up at my house and panicking all the neighbours."

You didn't notify the authorities because you didn't want to panic your neighbours? Is that your reason? ????

Edited by Chris.B

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:
2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well, I'm now double vaccinated with Pfizer but have no intentions of dropping my guard and will continue to live my life for the foreseeable future the same way I have been doing for the last 18 months. 

I feel you would be better living a normal life. Some say that if you get the virus, it is better. We are all going to get it, IMHO. 

There are better treatments being developed for those who show symptoms of Covid-19. 

I would rather be exposed and get the virus when those better treatments are available than fall unwell this week. 

That said, having been vaccinated with Pfizer I am moving towards ’normalcy’ without being reckless, i.e. playing football, meeting up at friends houses, going to restaurants etc...   and are with your comments that its better living a normal life with the caveat of still being sensible. 

• Like 2

Four unvaccinated friends of ours caught covid.  Husband and wife from Sweden caught early strain of covid at a time when there were no covid lockdowns in Sweden. Both felt a bit rough for a fortnight but recovered at home with no issues. After an interval they then got jabbed with AZ.

Husband and wife , Thai friends of wife in their mid 50's. Both had Delta a month ago. They were rounded up by the authorities and put into the local emergency quarantine facility. Not too bad as big place but only about 20 inmates and it was air conditioned.

Both now recovered and back to normal, apparently none the worse for ware.

6 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

I consider the primary purpose of vaccination is to reduce an individual's chance of getting seriously ill or dying.

glad to hear you are better and that is what the vax is supposed to do, as far as I know... the thing is I guess that you cannot prevent the virus from going up your nose which means you can spread it too..

maybe if nothing else this will have made you even more immune... 

• Like 2