Thai Rural Doctors Society claims COVID-19 infections are rising, not falling

webfact

When I decided it was time to move from Chonburi to Sakon Nakhon finish my house and retire I looked up a website to check the COVID 19 figures. I came across a map Chonburi was Dark Red S. Nakhon had no color. The figure given for the Province at the time was 88 cases. Off of I went and on arrival went for a test at the local hospital. Our village 20km away from the town that has a population of 56k and while they were testing me I asked the nurse if they had any cases of Covid and she told me they had 100 beds all full with infected patients plus more in a temp annex nearby. This guy saying rural infections are rising ? I think he means the truth is beginning to filter through. They have just relaxed the restrictions here and people can now drink in small groups but it's high risk for people like me as I am being treated for Tuberculosis and can't be vaccinated so if I catch Covid I am as good as dead....well they say if your name is on the bottle it won't miss you..just wish my name wasn't Leo ????

Edited by Tanlic

41 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Who would know they had a positive ATK test unless they reported it?

? Strange comment, of course they report it otherwise it wouldn't be in the official stats. Its the ones who don't report it that is the worry.

How they report it depends on how they had an ATK test taken, if it was done through pro active measures then those taking the test such as the Rural Doctors Society will log it as an official result.

If they take a home test then they just phone the local number to make it official, they get a food allowance that way to help and also home medication.

1 hour ago, StevieAus said:

I think that’s pretty spot on I live North  of Chiang Mai and we have seen a steady increase in cases in recent weeks.

Yep, same here in a small farming village 2km from Cambodia, all to frequently houses/shacks have a thin length of red twine strung around them and the occupants are carted off to isolation/hospital,  but "hay" as long as the likes of Phuket are being 'looked after' why bother about the cannon fodder? 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

has warned Thai people not to lower their guard

Pah the whole  things  a farce  inc  the mask wearing, the things are up and down like a yoyo wife  even bought drink the other day and just before the woman served  her she  pulled  down her  mask wiped some snot off her  nose then tugged it  back up, made the drink didnt clean her hands  etc etc actually they are  clueless. So many instances of  stuff  like this shows me its  a  waste  of  time.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

? Strange comment, of course they report it otherwise it wouldn't be in the official stats. Its the ones who don't report it that is the worry.

How they report it depends on how they had an ATK test taken, if it was done through pro active measures then those taking the test such as the Rural Doctors Society will log it as an official result.

If they take a home test then they just phone the local number to make it official, they get a food allowance that way to help and also home medication.

I think he is referring to if you buy a test at a pharmacy and took it yourself. Obviously, everyone would rather self quarantine at home rather than reporting it and possibly going to a field hospital.

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Dont worry Anutin can take  all the credit........as usual

I hope the British ambassador is reading this post... how he got duped.

When Thailand asked the UK the question when was Thailand going to come off the UK's red list the answer should have been when UK citizens can enter Thailand with a PCR test and nothing else.

Put the ball back into Thailands court.

Lost opportunity.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

My understanding is the Thai Rural Doctors Society who themselves carried out mass testing in Bangkok with ATK's know what they're talking about. Its also my understanding that they are only pcr tested if taken as a hospital admission, they are not pcr tested when positive by atk and go to home isolation, community care center or quarantine. 

Considering that Thailand classifies its cases as 80% green which means no or slight symptoms these are the ones who remain at home in isolation, community care or quarantine.

If that is in fact how they are doing it, then it would be a poor practice because you would be forcing possible false positives into quarantine.

In the US, antigen tests are not considered reliable. If you test positive, they follow that up with a PCR test.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I think he is referring to if you buy a test at a pharmacy and took it yourself. Obviously, everyone would rather self quarantine at home rather than reporting it and possibly going to a field hospital.

Yes I mentioned that:

"If they take a home test then they just phone the local number to make it official, they get a food allowance that way to help and also home medication."

The authorities will only place you in a field hospital if its not possible to isolate at home or at a community center, or of course a real hospital if you have serious symptoms.

6 minutes ago, hioctane said:

If that is in fact how they are doing it, then it would be a poor practice because you would be forcing possible false positives into quarantine.

In the US, antigen tests are not considered reliable. If you test positive, they follow that up with a PCR test.

The US does count rapid tests as official as does the UK.

Nevada among last states to add rapid tests to virus tally

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Fixing the numbers no surprise TIT

Seems like the numbers started going down before the "lockdown" was lifted. Now...it's just scraping at bottom around 10k despite no lockdown. Yeah, many more in BKK have one even two shots but these numbers that only bump up near 11k are just fanciful.

Sadly, based on this the nation is willing to send all the children back to school. Not so worried about the kids tbh and better they build natural antibodies but they'll spread that s*it around like blueberry jam on fresh bread.

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I think the fact that Thailand is ranked an extremely high 6th in the world for most cases in critical condition and yet is only 154th on the world for testing per million speaks volumes.

The criticals simply do not match the testing numbers

If you dont test you dont find 

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My local market in Kalasin Province has been closed for a second time after positives were found.

Ur rigth.My exgf toldme that.She cant go back to BKK.She have stayed 5-6 months in kalasin now.

Number Engineering has been happening all along; more so in the last month as we were approaching Prayuts 'promised' opening date.  To these Idiots in Government House their 'Face' is more important than the lives of the Population.   Numbers are rising quite rapidly up here in The North and just wait and see what happens when the tourist floodgates open for all and sundry.   Bangkok will become a massive 'Cluster' Zone; especially when all those 'Rich' Indians arrive bringing previously unseen Mutations in with them !

• Thanks 1

Let’s see. People in the photo in the initial post are waiting in line. All are youngish people, most of who wouldn’t notice covid much or at all if they had it (speaking from my personal experience), taking medical resources to be jabbed, checked up. Many of whom have likely had covid already because official number of infections is nonsense but have to be jabbed anyway. Scared for their lives but not looking where the real danger is. Not knowing what and who is hitting them, thinking they are being saved. Blind minds, poor creatures.

4 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

People wait for 30 minutes to monitor for possible side effects after receiving a dose of the AstraZeneca/Oxford Covid-19 coronavirus vaccine from a “Mobile Vaccination Unit” set up inside a bus .... If that Pic is supposed to be inside a Bus, that's a hell of a BIG Bus ! ????

the clinic which dispenses the shots is on is the bus.. the people wait outside before and after the shot.. 

4 hours ago, apetryxx said:

Ho Hum, All this hand wringing over a virus is getting tiresome. Can we please talk about something else?

If I remember the apeteryx, a wingless bird with hairy feathers, has been extinct for millennia, and it’s known kiwi descendants are so constricted in area that even Jacinda hasn’t seen one. So that might explain the ostrich like viewpoint on current affairs.

Edited by animatic
Spelling

7 hours ago, Scott said:

If it follows the same trend as in most countries, it is the cities and heavily populated areas that get hit first and hardest, later it is the rural areas.  

That seems to be true, ever since covid appeared in Thailand my area in rural Isaan was without incident all was well here, an island of security, until a week ago; the next village on had 5 cases in one day and now another village next to mine has been isolated with road blocks, nobody allowed in or out without permission as 15 cases of covid have appeared.

• Like 1