Are Thai Retirement Visa Requirements Changing

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Not sure if you mean bank letter.

My bank does the 2 accounts on one letter. Cost 100baht.

Screenshot_20211110-194847.jpg

Sorry, my brain was not working well today. What I meant was bank letter and not bank statement.

My two bank accounts were in two different banks.

Edited by EricTh

19 hours ago, itsari said:

I can not say if it is true and I never said that it was true.

Behave 

So, you mention a post in a social media where everybody can post whatever they want, you don't give a link, you cannot say if it is true, but we are not allowed to doubt it.

oook.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

So, you mention a post in a social media where everybody can post whatever they want, you don't give a link, you cannot say if it is true, but we are not allowed to doubt it.

oook.

Doubt is not my concern it is the ignorance shown to portray there doubt . 

By the way , you can not post whatever you want on social media .

I might add there seems to be some truth to what I mentioned .

Have a good day Sir

On 11/9/2021 at 9:24 AM, pattaya1234was said:

He suggests having 1.2 million in the bank rather than the present 800,000 baht. With the banks only guaranteeing 1m baht I think this unlikely.

There are other legal options for retirement extensions without risking all that money in your bank accounts.

When the banks decided they were only guaranteeing 1m Baht, you can bet there is good reason for it.

• Thanks 1

If it happens, sooner than increase my savings up to 1.2 mil I would look to an agent to get my visa for me while I look for an alternative place to retire. The insurance issue is concerning and I like many others are uncertain exactly what is needed to remain here and what will be needed should you return to your home country to see family or even pop over the border to Cambodia say. Confusing times at the moment and a plan B is required just in case.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2021 at 7:06 AM, DrJack54 said:

I'm not in agreement with that. 

Also you state...

"we all know the rules are gonna keep changing.........."

I didn't know that.

So the rules are not going to keep changing? So your saying that the rules regarding any immigration issue is going to stay the same way as they are now??????

This unelected PM and his soldiers have to keep changing them as they are always making far too many mistakes.

Running a country should be left to politicians.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

So the rules are not going to keep changing? So your saying that the rules regarding any immigration issue is going to stay the same way as they are now??????

This unelected PM and his soldiers have to keep changing them as they are always making far too many mistakes.

Running a country should be left to politicians.

Rules can change and thats possible anywhere. 

I prefer to deal with a change when it actually occurs rather than play "what if" games.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2021 at 5:08 PM, sqwakvfr said:

The 1.2 Million Baht and the 100,000 Baht was posted on the Los Angeles Thai Consulate website for about  a week.  I just checked the website now and this is what is posted:

4.   Bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing
      – a deposit of the amount equal to and not less t
han 800,000 Baht; or
      – an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 
65,000 Baht; or 
      – a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht. 
      – In the case o
f submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank
        (an original copy) is required. 

The 1.2M is still listed on the L.A. Thai Consulate website: https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/non-o/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I am not defending lawyers but he was quoting from an official Thai Embassy website, not speculating. Why would they put in those figures?

Also from Thai royal consulate Sydney.

Proof of adequate finance

- A bank statement in the past six months showing a deposit account with the minimum fund of AUD 54,545 or an income statement with a monthly salary of AUD 4,545

Can't seem to open Thai embassy Canberra but think that they still list 800k requirement.

Just ignore it until such time that it's across the board.

Edited by DrJack54

On 11/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, jackdd said:

He is just speculating. I recommend to ignore this guy.

Quite right, he specifically says that he doesn't know, neither do his Thai colleagues, they haven't been advised of any changes and that this isn't official at the time of the video.   "As of now they have not changed".    He also states that overseas consulates can set their own visa requirements without them being official requirements.  

On 11/9/2021 at 9:24 AM, pattaya1234was said:

He suggests having 1.2 million in the bank rather than the present 800,000 baht. With the banks only guaranteeing 1m baht I think this unlikely.

"He suggests having 1.2 million in the bank rather than the present 800,000 baht".

No, he does not suggest that!   He specifically stated that he does not know about any changes and it is not an official Immigration Bureau change at the time of the video.

"With the banks only guaranteeing 1m baht I think this unlikely".

Why?  Are you suggesting that no one in Thailand will keep than B1m in their accounts in future?

On 11/9/2021 at 9:17 AM, jackdd said:

He is just speculating. I recommend to ignore this guy.

Quite right, he specifically says that he doesn't know, neither do his Thai colleagues, they haven't been advised of any changes and that this isn't official at the time of the video.   "As of now they have not changed".    He also states that overseas consulates can set their own visa requirements without them being official requirements.  

40 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're suggesting that a Google search only comes up with that financial requirement?   It doesn't.

I suggested you do a GOOGLE search and see the 1.2 million bt. shows up on more sites than just the L.A. Consulate.

Now you know. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Even if the requirement goes up to 1.2 million in the bank (which it won't), those people on extensions will be grand-fathered. Which means that only new applicants will have to follow the new rule.

How do you know this? When it changed from 400k to 800k people weren't grandfathered.

14 minutes ago, LarrySR said:
56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're suggesting that a Google search only comes up with that financial requirement?   It doesn't.

I suggested you do a GOOGLE search and see the 1.2 million bt. shows up on more sites than just the L.A. Consulate.

Now you know. 

So do the current, actual requirements and the first few Google results referred only to the correct, current IB requirements!  Now you know.   

By the way, what does it matter when it's clear that the IB requirements have not changed?