Thai immigration online 90 day reporting system

On 6/15/2024 at 11:59 AM, KanchanaburiGuy said:

That gives me 364 days of trouble-free existence

This rather depends on whether Kanchanburi has changed its policy in 2024, in line with Bangkok Immigration and others, so that every time you return from abroad you must do a 90 days in person.

If you never leave Thailand this will not matter, but if you do, you are certainly not going to have 364 days trouble-free...

• Like 1

On 6/5/2024 at 6:39 AM, smedly said:

also doing it in person at jomtien is no longer a simple 10min task, you have form filling - multiple photo copies of passport and a wait of 1hr after all that, talk about going backwards 

That's good to know.

I'd always done it online. I got back to Jomtien from the UK in February and thought I had 90 days before my next registration. A few weeks later, my agent said I should have gone immediately to immigration to file. I don't know if that was right, but I paid him a small sum to go and sort that out. Now on the next renewal my online registration was rejected and said, go to immigration immediately. I've still got a few days left, but I can't be bothered to waste a bunch of time form filling/queing up/waiting and money on all the paper work. If it's not a big fee, I'd prefer to pay him to go. Although pretty pissed off about it.

However, if that comes up on my next online report as well, I'll certainly go down.

8 hours ago, w94005m said:

That's good to know.

I'd always done it online. I got back to Jomtien from the UK in February and thought I had 90 days before my next registration. A few weeks later, my agent said I should have gone immediately to immigration to file. I don't know if that was right, but I paid him a small sum to go and sort that out. Now on the next renewal my online registration was rejected and said, go to immigration immediately. I've still got a few days left, but I can't be bothered to waste a bunch of time form filling/queing up/waiting and money on all the paper work. If it's not a big fee, I'd prefer to pay him to go. Although pretty pissed off about it.

However, if that comes up on my next online report as well, I'll certainly go down.

send your agent now or go in person, you have 7 days after your 90 day period after your last entry into Thailand in Feb otherwise a 2000baht fine

• Like 1

And the system still does not work. This means another 200 km roundtrip is due, wasting time and gasoline. Just because they cannot fix this simple error. And any complains at the Office will be greeted with a smile and "yes, I know". This is no fun.

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Your 90 day report is due 90 days after your entry to Thailand (notification of a foreigner being in the Kingdom for 90 days). Maybe your agent was talking about your TM 30 notification (notification by the house master, of a foreigner residing at an address), which some Immigration offices require every time you return to Thailand after being abroad.

That was my understanding too, but he did do 90 day in this instance. Thanks for confirming that was unnecessary.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

send your agent now or go in person, you have 7 days after your 90 day period after your last entry into Thailand in Feb otherwise a 2000baht fine

Yes, that's what I was aiming for, but he didn't respond, so went myself. I will detail that experience separately, but suffice it to say, it was enough to ensure trying the online 15 days before to give me time for resubmissions and for my agent to respond, if needed. Never had problems before online. So hoping this is not my new normal. I am happy to pay to not waste  time on this asean phenomenon.

• Thanks 1