Pattaya introduces its five-year strategy to develop the city as the ‘Tourism City of the Future’

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

So, who thinks this will work ?

Good question.

And maybe: is anybody really interest that that plan works? And do they want that it works?

Or is it just one of those presentation for some people to see so that someone can say: Hey, we did something...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

So, who thinks this will work ?

Not me, I'm only interested in the girls, go go's, massage and soapies, that's the only reason me and every mate I know goes to Pattaya and why I lived there for so long. Oh, and some go to play golf, but even then that's just a cover up for mostly flirting with the caddys' <deleted>. We love the chaos, the unkempt appearance and the mostly unregulated freedom of the place. But, if they want to remove the girls and turn the city into just another sterile place emulating the boring cities here in Australia, or the US, or the UK, we'll I guess up to them, it's their city after all. But we won't be going there anymore. And it was us who brought the money in the past.

8 minutes ago, Inala said:

Not me, I'm only interested in the girls, go go's, massage and soapies, that's the only reason me and every mate I know goes to Pattaya and why I lived there for so long. Oh, and some go to play golf, but even then that's just a cover up for mostly flirting with the caddys' <deleted>. We love the chaos, the unkempt appearance and the mostly unregulated freedom of the place. But, if they want to remove the girls and turn the city into just another sterile place emulating the boring cities here in Australia, or the US, or the UK, we'll I guess up to them, it's their city after all. But we won't be going there anymore. And it was us who brought the money in the past.

Haven’t you married one yet as what the most of u Pattaya guys usually end up with ?

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The plan will be proposed to the Pattaya City Council, introducing five main tasks including: 1. Improving the quality of life and safety; 2. Upgrade infrastructure efficiency to support the EEC; 3. Promote economic and environmentally-friendly innovation; 4. Sustainable management of natural resources and environment; 5. Enhance Pattaya City to a modern and highly efficient organizational city.

Once again officialdom is contributing to the mental health of all people in Thailand by promoting comedy.

Thanks for the :cheesy:

Pattaya is what it is and as such attracts plenty of tourists because of what it is. Such plans would simply turn it into another Singapore or the like. I, for one, would choose Pattaya over Singapore 364 days a year. Not sure this isn't just some sort of Govt. PR exercise. It might need fixing but not sure it needs the wholesale changes as suggested. 

12 hours ago, smedly said:

this is just a pile of lip service to justify a budget they are going to let on they spent on Pattaya

Yep. Sounds like someone went to one of those WEF / UN meetings in Davos, Switzerland, and came back spouting about 'sustainability, safety, and building-back-better after Covid-19" blah blah.

• Like 1

It seems that one of the hallmarks of the younger generation nowadays, apart from being very Woke, and PC, and terrified of giving or receiving offence, is that they are eschewing alcohol. The way things have been in Pattaya for most of this year, it may well indeed prove to be a very attractive destination for generations X and Y in the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/10/young-people-drinking-alcohol-study-england

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wasabi said:

It won't work because:

1) Low education and lack of ambition of the population

2) Lack of quality natural resources

3) Lack of quality engineering

4) Rampant air and water pollution.

Most cities today are not if you build it they will come. It is we are already rich and getting richer. That said they certainly can improve it some.

Yes, but it was a nice word salad!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Times they are changing. Will there be the types of tourist who needed the sin when they got a break from work. In my own case, working in the Middle East, demographics were already changing. Local people were filling jobs cheaper, aided by 3rd world cheap labour. I suspect fewer of these types would visit the Pattaya of old. Look at European Countries, they are well into decline due to various factors. The new Pattaya tourists will come from China, Korea, Japan..... nearby, domestic too. 

I heard something of the plans for nuevo Pattaya they have.... all well and good. But I do agree with a poster above who claims 'it is putting lipstick on a pig'...... like the current plan to put drainage and bury cables on Threppasit..... when that is done, it will still be a traffic jam with slums on each side. 

Are they planning to put microphones and cameras in all hotel bedrooms so the CCP can monitor behaviour?  Will the local population who cannot learn English be taught Chinese and Korean?

The first item in the plan is to improve quality of life, the question is whose?  That of the academics and the officials running the studies?

Well if Pattaya is treated the same from the Thai government in 5 years it can just fold up its

tent and disappear into the jungle. The restrictions have to end. Being treated differently than Phuket is

more criminal than not. I still hear Thailand being referred to as the Kingdom of Thailand, and that is

good to know. Not that it does not confuse me, but then I am old now and am easily confused.

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

It seems that one of the hallmarks of the younger generation nowadays, apart from being very Woke, and PC, and terrified of giving or receiving offence, is that they are eschewing alcohol. The way things have been in Pattaya for most of this year, it may well indeed prove to be a very attractive destination for generations X and Y in the future.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/oct/10/young-people-drinking-alcohol-study-england

They may be 'eschewing alcohol' as they embrace cannabis.  So if Pattaya (and Thailand) want to attract Gen X, Y, and Z they better loosen up their cannabis laws.

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Being built in Malaysia, and due to be completed in 2035 I believe.

I went to Penang on a visa run a few years ago, and it sucked. So awful I left after 2 days instead of the week I had planned.

If that is where they want to build those things they are welcome to them, as it can't get any worse.

It is sad and I guess frustrating in a way Thailand in general with its geographic diversity and potential, could be the greatest country in all Asia. Good weather, Beaches, mountains, forests, a major city.  But unfortunately, it will never happen.

3 hours ago, Inala said:

Your last sentence says it all--key word 'past'.  In 2019, other demographic groups 'brought the money'.  And had been bringing it for some time--which is why all those new hotels got built in north Pattaya, plus Terminal 21 and lots of other things.  And, yes, the night life is still there and still important, waiting for covid to abate.  It's just not the main thing anymore, no matter how many posters would like it to be.