COVID-19: Thailand reports 3,537 new coronavirus cases, 41 deaths, 5,459 recoveries

webfact

COV17.jpg

File photo: REUTERS

Thailand on Friday (December 17) reported 3,537 new COVID-19 cases, 5,459 recoveries and 41 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

▶︎ Infections outside prisons: 3,355. Prisons: 182

▶︎ Recoveries: 5,459

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 2,156,634

▶︎ Total recoveries since April 1: 2,093,265

Friday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 2,185,497 with 21,327 deaths.

The news comes as the Prime Minister thanked everyone in Thailand for their help in getting Thailand close to meeting its goal of administering 100 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine.

Deputy Spokesperson to Prime Minister’s Office Ratchada Thanadirek said Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed his gratitude to the Thai people for helping Thailand nearly reach its vaccine goal of 100 million doses.

According to the latest "Moh Promt" report on December 15, 2021, about 98.5 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered to people in Thailand.

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update17DEC).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-12-17

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Like 1

Slightly off topic.

What do the guys following this thread think about the covid extensions that are due to end Jan 25..

Seems to me that following world news (superficially) that the situation seems slightly up in the air. Situation in UK and France changing entry conditions for some countries? 

My joint Oz just this last few days had record new cases in the 2 largest states and that's a country with high vaccination rates.

My personal thinking is that the covid extensions will be extended.

Any thoughts.

42 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Slightly off topic.

What do the guys following this thread think about the covid extensions that are due to end Jan 25..

Seems to me that following world news (superficially) that the situation seems slightly up in the air. Situation in UK and France changing entry conditions for some countries? 

My joint Oz just this last few days had record new cases in the 2 largest states and that's a country with high vaccination rates.

Any thoughts.

If this gets as bad as I suspect it will, the extensions will definitely continue. 

51 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Slightly off topic.

Any thoughts.

My feeling is that the extensions will continue well into 2022, probably even into '23. Good news for many, that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Prime Minister Prayut on Friday urged people to get their third booster shot faster in order to prepare for the possible outbreak of the #Omicron variant.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1471708185400512518

Question is where do you go after the 3rd month and it is booster time after your second jab of AZ.  Do you just pop in to the clinic or hospital you went to and show them your certificate or what?  

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

looks like folks are just popping into where they had their first two jabs done, taking their passport etc...with them and queuing with those in line to get the booster.  Think I will pop into MedPark in the next few days and see.

#Thailand confirms 14 #Omicron cases to date, most of whom are in the Test & Go program, according to the Medical sciences Department. More potential cases are awaiting confirmation. #COVID19 #ThailandNews

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1471741979994116096

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No Thai will pay for alternative Covid-19 vaccine, rules administrative court

The Administrative Court of Thailand on Friday temporarily suspended the Public Health Ministry’s order that people will have to pay if they want to opt for alternative Covid-19 vaccines.

The order also said that patients who develop an allergy or a Covid-19 infection after getting these shots will not be provided with free treatment at government hospitals.

The court ruled that this order is discriminatory and unconstitutional because every Thai citizen is entitled to treatment under universal health coverage.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40010112

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No Thai will pay for alternative Covid-19 vaccine, rules administrative court

The Administrative Court of Thailand on Friday temporarily suspended the Public Health Ministry’s order that people will have to pay if they want to opt for alternative Covid-19 vaccines.

The order also said that patients who develop an allergy or a Covid-19 infection after getting these shots will not be provided with free treatment at government hospitals.

The court ruled that this order is discriminatory and unconstitutional because every Thai citizen is entitled to treatment under universal health coverage.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40010112

Very nice. The costs should he borne by the government and this administration which still needs to get the vaccinations out to all and everywhere in the country.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Very nice. The costs should he borne by the government and this administration which still needs to get the vaccinations out to all and everywhere in the country.

Administrative Court of Thailand (1)

The Anutin (0) ????

Someone has helpfully been posting a daily color chart of all the Asean countries and their Covid stats for the previous day.

Each country is listed on a horizontal line giving about 6 different stats.

I don't see that today - can that person or someone else please post the link to that page.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, JimmyJ said:

Someone has helpfully been posting a daily color chart of all the Asean countries and their Covid stats for the previous day.

Each country is listed on a horizontal line giving about 6 different stats.

I don't see that today - can that person or someone else please post the link to that page.

Thank you.

The number of Covid-19 cases crossed 14.51 million across Southeast Asia, with 25,788 new cases reported on Thursday. #Asean #COVID19 #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40010084

• Thanks 1

With the emergence of the Omicron varient, does the Govt consider 2 doses as fully vaccinated (depending on the vaccine type administered) or to include a booster shot.  If the latter, then Thailand has a long way to go?

National Vaccination Rollout:

Sun 12th: 81,367

Mon 13th: 250,737

Tue 14th: 393,116

Wed 15h: 393,447

Thu 16th: 416,336

TOTAL: 98,856,753 doses since 28 Feb

1 dose: 69.8%

2 doses: 61.0%

3 doses: 6.3%

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1471762623104372737

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

With the emergence of the Omicron varient, does the Govt consider 2 doses as fully vaccinated (depending on the vaccine type administered) or to include a booster shot.  If the latter, then Thailand has a long way to go?

National Vaccination Rollout:

Sun 12th: 81,367

Mon 13th: 250,737

Tue 14th: 393,116

Wed 15h: 393,447

Thu 16th: 416,336

TOTAL: 98,856,753 doses since 28 Feb

1 dose: 69.8%

2 doses: 61.0%

3 doses: 6.3%

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1471762623104372737

Abysmal.

UK 750,000 booster doses alone yesterday.

Becoming very hit and miss with these reports. Not knowing the figures for the 16th, we can probably assume there is a slow increase going on from the 52 reported then.

Health officials on Friday (Dec 17) reported 81 new COVID-19 cases, 44 of which were found in Hua Hin.

The cases in Hua Hin are linked to a number of different clusters located at an army training school (28 cases), Chatchai market (2 cases), fruit canning factory (2 cases) and a food court at a shopping mall (4 cases).

Elsewhere in the province, 20 cases were found in Pranburi, 3 cases in Sam Roi Yot, zero cases in Kuiburi, zero cases in Thap Sakae, 6 cases in Bang Saphan, 6 cases in Bang Saphan Noi, and 2 cases in Mueang Prachuap Khiri Khan.

One more death was reported today – a 58-year-old Thai national who lived in Pranburi district and who had an underlying health condition.

Dec 17: Prachuap reports 81 new COVID-19 cases, 44 cases in Hua Hin - Hua Hin Today English Newspaper Info, Reports, Events and News Social Life

• Like 1

Thailand reports 3,132 new COVID-19 cases, 28 deaths, 3,278 recoveries

COV18.jpg

File photo REUTERS

Thailand on Saturday (December 18th) reported 3,132 new COVID-19 cases, 3,278 recoveries and 28 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1243512-thailand-reports 3132-new-covid-19-cases-28-deaths-3278-recoveries/

//CLOSED//

/Admin