Seven vehicles damaged in Chonburi trailer truck accident, driver blames brake failure

webfact

1 hour ago, bdenner said:

Of coarse brakes will fail to stop a speeding, tailgating vehicle of any size. Did this idiot bother to think about that or just hoping for intervention from higher powers.

They don't think.. that's the whole problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Classic Ray said:

Significant that five vehicles behind the truck were not able to stop in time. Most Thai drivers are afraid to leave stopping distance gaps in case someone overtakes them and jumps into the gap. They don’t realise they can just slow down and maintain the gap. 

These kind of multiple 'motorway shunts' occur all over the world when motorists drive too fast and too close, including countries that most of us come from. No need  to throw brickbats at Thai drivers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Is it that time of year already, we must have gone full circle and now back to brake failure for the excuse ...................LOL

I think someone is trying for the last Brake Fail of the year .  Next year I think it will be the omigod virus to rule.

Brakes do fail ... but why ?

Would think most due to poor maintenance, or simply operator error.  Something as simple as not draining the water of air brakes.  Although now of days, systems do that automatically, if maintained.  Should drain anyway, and nothing should come out, but if it does, lets you know it's time for maintenance, if water & gunk does come out.

4 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

"Brake failure"?

Sure. What else...

Next:

"Micro sleep"

"Ghost crossed the street"

"Farang's fault"

I had the ghost excuse not long ago, or similar. I live on a long straight road, but still a pickup ended up in the ditch outside the house one night. The driver claimed that someone had crossed the road in front of him. Now, people rarely walk along this road even in the daytime and I'd bet all I have that they never do at night. And there was no 'ghost' to be seen. What happened, of course, was the driver dozed off, as Thais tend to do while driving. We all know that Thais can sleep anytime, anywhere.

• Haha 2

He was lucky--I see that driver in America whose brakes failed and crashed into people got 110 years in Jail........

A truck driver was found guilty in deadly crash after brake failure. Jailed for 110 years. .

The prosecutor was gifted a brake shoe trophy.

Replying to @FordFischer

Prosecutor Kayla Wildeman is absolutely ecstatic about the conviction of Aguilera-Mederos. After achieving a 110-year prison term for the 23-year-old truck driver whose brakes failed (no drugs/alcohol), she calls a brake shoe trophy a “special gift.”

Driving too close can mean using the brakes on/off continually and if it's an air brake system it quickly drains the system of air, the compressor can't keep up with the use especially if not serviced regularly.

End result, no brakes when you 'really' need them. So 'maybe' is brake failure but it's still the driver's fault, it's not a get out jail card.

Edited by overherebc