What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

I finished the yellowstone series. It seems Montana is the home of lots of murderers and psycho and sociopaths. Overall it was one of those series you can binge watch. The characters are great but some are quite disturbing like the daughter who continuously psychologically abuses her brother. The whole family is suffering from serious issues. There are very few morally-good people in ranching in Montana and bodies buried everywhere.

On to 1883...

• Haha 1

I just watched The Night Before on dvd, which is a 1988 Keanu Reeves movie that I bought in an op shop for 50 cents.

50 cents is all it's worth!

However, I did learn that I actually enjoyed "black" music as played before the advent of rap, hip hop and other new associated music styles that I dislike. Far as I can gather from the credits it was played by a genuine band, as opposed to actors miming to recorded music.

All in all, not a bad movie, but not very good either. At best a time filler.

• Like 1

Once in a while I run across a music from a movie with lots of tribute pics. I remember this drama was big news when it came out but back then I was young and not into love stories. After watching this, I decided to look into this movie. It'll be my first viewing. It's on the torrents. Try YTS

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just watched The Night Before on dvd, which is a 1988 Keanu Reeves movie that I bought in an op shop for 50 cents.

50 cents is all it's worth!

However, I did learn that I actually enjoyed "black" music as played before the advent of rap, hip hop and other new associated music styles that I dislike. Far as I can gather from the credits it was played by a genuine band, as opposed to actors miming to recorded music.

All in all, not a bad movie, but not very good either. At best a time filler.

There's another movie with the same name from 2015. I missed this one, too. It's amazing how many movies are made. There's almost another universe of movies out there.

16 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

Once in a while I run across a music from a movie with lots of tribute pics. I remember this drama was big news when it came out but back then I was young and not into love stories. After watching this, I decided to look into this movie. It'll be my first viewing. It's on the torrents. Try YTS

Haven't seen it since it came out, but good movie as I remember it. However, if of a melancholy character it may cause sad feelings at the end. Have a box of tissues handy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I haven't seen LIve by Night or Deep Water, but I did enjoy the Accountant.

IMO "Live by Night" is a totally underestimated movie Mutt.........do yourself a favour and watch it, you won't be disappointed!!!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Atlanta, Season 3 has premiered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t72Pbqrkb28

Yeah, I saw this. Is this any good? 

I downloaded the first two series, started the first episode late and gave up after 10 mins. I wasn't feeling it, I will give it another look tonight.

Another thing some folk might like, Welcome to Flatch, kind of one of those fake documentary shows following the life of two local low lives, like a US carbon copy of Our County, which also lasted about 5 mins.

Edited by recom273

9 hours ago, recom273 said:

Yeah, I saw this. Is this any good? 

I downloaded the first two series, started the first episode late and gave up after 10 mins. I wasn't feeling it, I will give it another look tonight.

Another thing some folk might like, Welcome to Flatch, kind of one of those fake documentary shows following the life of two local low lives, like a US carbon copy of Our County, which also lasted about 5 mins.

Atlanta is one of the best tv shows in history.

He does music too

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 2:07 PM, mtls2005 said:

I finally got around to Bosch Season 7. Amazing show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkA7xFnndfg

With creator Eric Overmeyer's credentials, comparison to The Wire (along with other cast members Jamie Hector and Lance Riddick) is inevitable. Det. Collins mentions to J. Edgar, "Have you watched The Wire...", classic.

Looking forward to the next incarnation: Bosch: Legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHembDvQtbY

loved Bosch ,but the wire,apart from the fact i couldnt understand half of what they said ,i thought it was boreing in the extreme ,watched 4 episodes then just gave up ,now The Shield, that is great.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

loved Bosch ,but the wire,apart from the fact i couldnt understand half of what they said ,i thought it was boreing in the extreme ,watched 4 episodes then just gave up ,now The Shield, that is great.

Each to their own I guess, but I think The Wire is one of the greatest shows of all time.

The Shield is excellent as well.

• Like 1

I haven't seen this mentioned before but a new series from Apple TV+ has been released called Severence.

Directed by Ben Stiller and having some great and well-known actors it may be really good.

7 episodes from season 1 are available at the usual sources.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

the wire,apart from the fact i couldnt understand half of what they said ,i thought it was boreing in the extreme

Ever heard of subtitles? Might have made all the difference.

It's widely recognized that The Wire is one of the best shows ever created, and it is. I've seen it at least three times over the years, and someday I'll watch it again.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

That dirty black bag ( 2022 ) 

This looks good imho, a gritty violent western starring Dominic Cooper of Preacher fame.

The imdb write up is a little vague , 

“ Two men face off in a savage, deserted world. “ , but the trailer gives a better idea.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7809420/

Gave it up after two episodes.

Second season of 'Bridgerton' is out.

"Woke warning" Brit Queen Charlotte is non-white (don't think German royals were mixed race at that time), her closest Lady is black, half the ladies presented at court are black, Asian, Indian ....... gotta laugh at multi-cultural Regency England.

I'm quite enjoying the period drama, even if the casting is ridiculous.

Edited by BritManToo

6 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Just started watching a TV series called Deputy, starring Stephen Dorff. About a straight talking, take no s*** Deputy Sheriff who gets promoted to Sheriff of LA due to an arcane law from the old wild west days and can't sit behind the desk, or handle the politics. Lots of shooting.

What a great series Deputy was. They say cancelled because of ratings, but I suspect politics.  Too real and revealing 

20 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Just started watching a TV series called Deputy, starring Stephen Dorff. About a straight talking, take no s*** Deputy Sheriff who gets promoted to Sheriff of LA due to an arcane law from the old wild west days and can't sit behind the desk, or handle the politics. Lots of shooting.

Available where please?