What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2022)

CharlieH

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

It's a forum where we share information and opinions about movies and TV shows. If you don't like that then fund another forum. Try giving some information  about the material you recommend not just cutting and pasting Jpegs. Have you seen any of  those films?

I see you are having a problem ...

Thread title - "What Movies or TV shows are you Watching"

You in this case - as I am the poster - is I

Think of it like "What Movies or TV shows am I Watching" if this helps

• Haha 1

One of the best series I've seen recently is The Undeclared War which got a low IMDB rating and some poor reviews from international liberal media. Its a brilliant, ambitious multi layered drama about a battle of wits between the GCHQ staff and their Russian  counterparts. Great intellegent  casting, excellent plotting, sudpense driven with imaginative direction and screenplay. A very intelligent production and very revealing about the manufacturing of opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, seedy said:

I see you are having a problem ...

Thread title - "What Movies or TV shows are you Watching"

You in this case - as I am the poster - is I

Think of it like "What Movies or TV shows am I Watching" if this helps

It's not overly didactic. The title of the thread is not taken literally. I have no problem and have been a regular contributor to this forum  for a long time. I don't believe  you are watching those dull but worthy films. LOL I don't think many people do actually. But feel free to explain what you liked about them. If you want some tips on how to submit stuff to this forum check my latest contribution about The Undeclared  War.

Happy viewing!

Another  great  show is  called Witness Number 3. Though it  got low IMDB rating it  is in fact a top rate tense drama ,  interesting camera work with quality cast. It has a claustrophobic , nightmare quality underpinned by  gritty realism .  Basically a  witness to a murder is threatened by a gang of nihlist kids . A great show 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Had to switch it off - just rubbish. Not a molecule of creativity or originality. Dire. ludicrous  location switches, repetitive fight scenes, zero credible characters and dead dialogue.

How many times do you need to criticize the same movie?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

I agree, even though it offered little new in the genre, it was still highly entertaining. A bit of a stretch with the Tuk Tuk, but I guess you have to suspend all credibility for that kind of movie.

Most of the viewing audience does not have a clue where Thailand is on the world map and I highly doubt they would have any idea about distances of the two cities

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just watched Prizefighter: The Life of Jem Belcher and I enjoyed it. I got it from TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4471908/

Same here, and I wasn't expecting much of it, however I did enjoy it which was a nice surprise – – aiming to watch the first episode of "Grey Man" tonight, although some feedback has been mixed..............

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, longball53098 said:

Most of the viewing audience does not have a clue where Thailand is on the world map and I highly doubt they would have any idea about distances of the two cities

Thought to myself "that's going to take awhile" ... CM via tuk tuk ????

Hollywood did the same with Hangover movie, BKK - Krabi, couple hrs by speedboat.

17 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Same here, and I wasn't expecting much of it, however I did enjoy it which was a nice surprise – – aiming to watch the first episode of "Grey Man" tonight, although some feedback has been mixed..............

Is that a different Gray Man to the movie?

On 7/21/2022 at 12:10 PM, bert bloggs said:

Just watched a series from 2014 called the village with John Simm,about life in a village starting before the first world war,i loved it  just such a good story and acting, although i must admit it was not very inclusive no people of colour no men who have become women,but there is a gay guy.

Sorry just could not resist the last bit,but you all know what it would be like if made now.

Why are you sad? Do you think that they should have included these people? 

Just started watching a new series of American horror storied,the story is not bad ,but of course its a husband and his husband buy a haunted house,one of them has a 16 yr old daughter,you guessed it she is a lesbian.are there no normal maried couples any more with straight kids on tv? 

Wby do we always have to be blitzed with all tbis wokeism.

By the way the story is not bad,watch out for one of the husbands getting a <deleted> crom their builder????????????

6 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Just started watching a new series of American horror storied,the story is not bad ,but of course its a husband and his husband buy a haunted house,one of them has a 16 yr old daughter,you guessed it she is a lesbian.are there no normal maried couples any more with straight kids on tv? 

By the way the story is not bad,watch out for one of the husbands getting a <deleted> from their builder????????????

What is the name of the show?

Why are you obsessed with othering gay people as abnormal? 

18 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

By the way the story is not bad,watch out for one of the husbands getting a <deleted> from their builder????????????

That 'new series' is about 2 years old.

And the teen lesbian looks great in a skin tight rubber suit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What is the name of the show?

Why are you obsessed with othering gay people as abnormal? 

It says at the begining Jing,American horror stories series one ep 1 to be clear,and did i say they were abnormal? My cousin certainly isnt.

What i say is why does nearly every show on tv have anything but the vast majority of the population? And i dont just mean gay,but virtually every advert on British tv has a mixed race couple,even Nationwide now has a white guy sitting at a table with his black bearded partner with his arm around him.

Its ok to be whatever you want  but why are the wokies constantly going on,why even in the paper today they are saying dont identify skelitons from the past as male or female,anyway have a nice day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Is that a different Gray Man to the movie?

My mistake Giddyup, as I thought it was a series, but am pleased that it's not, because I rather prefer a movie where I can remember everything that has gone on previously, whereas with a series it's not so easy.......

• Like 2

On 7/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, sanuk711 said:

The Gray Man---Spy/thriller…… Netflix release Thursday 2hrs.

This is the most expensive movie Netflix has mad at $us200Mil- (more than the Irishman movie)

It is being released with hard subs in most Languages—I have picked the trailer with Thai Hard subs.

IMO, this movie was an absolute pile of cr@p with a totally improbable storyline, which almost makes it a fairy story with the amount of ridiculous action scenes.

Furthermore after watching it through to the very end, I still don't understand it, and for many it seems that it was just a nonsense.

Whatever it was supposed to be, it comes nowhere near the good CIA/Black Ops/spy movies of the past, those without all of the totally unrealistic "action" scenes.

It should have been labelled a comic – strip movie.

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2022 at 9:04 PM, gargamon said:

How many times do you need to criticize the same movie?

Depends where I am on the forum thread and how many times the movie or show gers mentioned. Same with praising a show. What's  your problem? Don't understand how 'threads' work? Let me explain: they are long and linear but page based so repitions inevitably happen because a full thread can't be contained in one page.

With regards to some shows initial  comments either positive or negative can be enlarged upon or expanded. Do you have a problem with that? If so take it to the moderators- I use this forum to exchange  information- give and receive information about shows and films. In the time it took your veiled criticism of me I submitted 3 great reviews of shows NOT forum members. Why don't you do the same? Try it...lol

10 hours ago, xylophone said:

IMO, this movie was an absolute pile of cr@p with a totally improbable storyline, which almost makes it a fairy story with the amount of ridiculous action scenes.

Furthermore after watching it through to the very end, I still don't understand it, and for many it seems that it was just a nonsense.

Whatever it was supposed to be, it comes nowhere near the good CIA/Black Ops/spy movies of the past, those without all of the totally unrealistic "action" scenes.

It should have been labelled a comic – strip movie.

Thanks for the heads up @xylophone. I already downloaded this and was going to watch it today. I won't bother now.